Guardians of the Galaxy Early Guardians of the Galaxy Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't necessarily need to reboot,just recast
On second though,they don't even need to use the same characters,they can easily retire Iron Man for a decade after TA3 and still be alright

Plus they have a knack of adding on great leads,we now have RDJ,Chris Evans and Hemsworth plus Chris Pratt compared to just RDJ 2-3 years ago
Also they have Winter Soldier lined up to take the mantle later on,or maybe Falcon,they can recast Iron man if they want to(Colin Farrell would be my pick)

I was actually thinking of both a reboot and recast, but a recast, in and of itself, carries the danger I was thinking about; I've bought into RDJ as Iron Man and having anyone else play him might not work for me. He would be a very, very, very tough act to follow IMO. On the other hand, Ruffalo was terrific as Banner/Hulk even following a very, very good actor (Norton). I'm not saying it can't be done, but it does carry some dangers.

The bottom line is that I am totally loving this franchise and ought to just relax and enjoy the ride. :wall:

Retiring the characters for awhile might work. I hadn't really thought of that.

Well if it makes 6.7M Mon-Thu that's about $100,000 less than I expected/predicted.
Here's hoping it's gonna make up for it with a great increase over the week end. Even if 280M+ by monday seems to be an uphill battle now, I still think it can gross past 278M rather easily (and possibly past 279M).

If I were to make more long term predictions, I'd say that we're looking at 279.3M after the long week end then the film should be closing on 290M (give or take half a million) the week end after. It'll will probably need another week or so to gross past 300M but it could be about 3 millions away of that milestone on september 14th.

$100,000 is pocket change (just not in my pockets....). One thing I haven't heard a lot about, but how smart are they looking for picking the Aug 1 release date for GotG? Other than TMNT, there was almost nothing out there and won't be until later in September. Dolphin Tale 2, Maze Runner, and/or Equalizer will probably do okay, but GotG had a good, solid month and a half run with minimal competition. That doesn't happen very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"