Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosling would be fantastic, but I don't think hed be interested based on previous statements. Someone of that caliber would be great though.

Ditto for Damon. Great actor, but probably not interested.

but how about this guy:

image-4-for-jude-law-in-his-latest-film-repo-men-gallery-489660783.jpg

Last edited:
2dagm04.jpg

Lee Pace (The Hobbit, Lincoln) just confirmed to MTV he's auditioning for Peter Quill/Star-Lord on Monday. I for one wish him all the luck it takes for him to land the gig!

FROM MTV:

“I go in on Monday to meet them all and audition for it, so wish me luck...I'm very excited about it. The script is great. The character is a lot of fun. I have been [reading up on Star-Lord]. You want to know what you're doing. The character is a lot of fun. I hope it works out."

“We'll see. We'll see,” Lee Pace said about his chances of nabbing the Star-Lord role and possible appearance in The Avengers sequel. “I've got to audition. I've got to go get it. I actually love auditioning, so I'm happy to go meet them all and do it.”

Pace has become my favorite for the part. I want him as Quill and Rooker voicing Rocky.

I agree with Pace. He's my favorite for the lead. Actually if Nova was in the movie I would say he would make a better Richard Rider. He's a fantastic actor and his performance in the Fall was oscar worthy. I still like statham for the voice of rocket raccoon. I like katrina law for gamora. if anyone doesn't know who that is watch spartacus vengeance, she was mira. she was fantastic.

Pace should work. For some reason Im most interested in the casting of Gamora. Finding someone with the talent and physicality to pull off the role will be tricky. If they choose a mediocre actress strictly on looks, it wont work. But for now I have faith.

I'm most interested in Gamora's casting, too. Drax would be next.

Pace should work. For some reason Im most interested in the casting of Gamora. Finding someone with the talent and physicality to pull off the role will be tricky. If they choose a mediocre actress strictly on looks, it wont work. But for now I have faith.

I wouldn't worry. The casting for these films have been pretty spot on so far.

Does this conversation seem familiar to you?

I wouldn't worry. The casting for these films have been pretty spot on so far.

Does this conversation seem familiar to you?

lol deja vu. i agree that they've done a good job in the casting dept. im more curious than worried actually given the novelty of this project. its fun to speculate at this point. Im still for Rosario Dawson btw, though that seems a remote possibility.

Last edited:
TRIPLE H FoR THOR!

Get back on topic or you'll have your posts deleted by a mod ;)

Marvel haven't let us down with casting yet, so I'm sure they'll get someone just fine for Gamora. I'm most curious about who they'll get for Drax.

Get back on topic or you'll have your posts deleted by a mod ;)

Marvel haven't let us down with casting yet, so I'm sure they'll get someone just fine for Gamora. I'm most curious about who they'll get for Drax.

19axds.jpg

Aussie actor Sullivan Stapleton (Strike Back, Animal Kingdom) is in the mix for Quill but I think he's also going to be looked at for Drax...like Lee Pace, is gathering some steam in the states with projects at Warner Bros. such as 300: Rise of An Empire and Gangster Squad

here's a bit of look back at his career and Sullivan talking 300: Rise of An Empire

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-show/video/-/watch/31012715

Last edited:
Stapleton is okay, but he has a sort of basic cable vibe to him. Not a terrible choice though. Ive come to think that there are plenty of quality actors who can play this. Again, its the other roles, including RR, that concern me most.

With Drax, it's a question of getting someone who is "on the nose" a la Vin Diesel or just go for the best actor available and feed him a steady dose of HGH. Who's good at the whole "controlled rage" thing who's in good shape and over 6 feet tall? Hmmm...

Ben Foster might work, but hes more "uncontrolled rage". He certainly has that "man on a mission" look though. No idea at this point.

I do think we are neglecting non-white actors (what is Vin Diesel exactly?). Someone suggested Michael Jai White, which doesnt seem like a terrible idea imo.

Last edited:
Stapleton is okay, but he has a sort of basic cable vibe to him. Not a terrible choice though. Ive come to think that there are plenty of quality actors who can play this. Again, its the other roles, including RR, that concern me most.

With Drax, it's a question of getting someone who is "on the nose" a la Vin Diesel or just go for the best actor available and feed him a steady dose of HGH. Who's good at the whole "controlled rage" thing who's in good shape and over 6 feet tall? Hmmm...

Ben Foster might work, but hes more "uncontrolled rage". He certainly has that "man on a mission" look though. No idea at this point.

I do think we are neglecting non-white actors (what is Vin Diesel exactly?). Someone suggested Michael Jai White, which doesnt seem like a terrible idea imo.

the-expendables-2-terry-crews.jpg

Michael Jai White not the best choice since he's doing Mortal Kombat web episodes..not the best career jumping point for an actor getting cast in a blockbuster..he used up all his cache for his cameo in The Dark Knight (Spawn anyone?)..Which rapper David Banner was originally going to play Gambol but couldn't do it, White being his replacement..If you're going with "on-the-nose" actor try at least thinking of Terry Crews the guy is at least well known to international audiences thanks to The Expendables..Not to mention he's able to handle action along with comedy his Old Spice commercials along with playing The President in Idiocracy..I'd rather see him play Luke Cage if Michael K. Williams (Boardwalk Empire, The Wire, Robocop Remake) isn't cast in the role..

There are plenty of solid non-white actors but it seems a waste and insulting to hire someone non-white just to cover their skin in green makeup for Drax.. I'd like to see Nova be the role that's open to all backgrounds, but that's just me...

tumblr_mdgvpuWUTC1r4q3gno1_500.gif

Speaking of Spawn I'd love to hear Keith David (They Live, The Thing, Cloud Atlas, Requiem For A Dream, Gamer) take the voice role of Groot..he's done voice work on HBO's Spawn series, Coraline, Adventure Time along with the Mass Effect and Halo games...they need to amp up Groot as a character and hiring an awesome voice actor like David would be the first step.

Last edited:
34ex7qu.jpg

Russian actress Olga Kurylenko has had a bad rap for being attached to films like Hitman and Quantum of Solace. However, she was a pyshcial presence in Centurion alongside Michael Fassbender (Magneto). She'll also be kicking alien-ass with Tom Cruise in Oblivion which it's trailer looks very impressive. She could handle everything needed for Gamora ala Jaimie Alexander (Sif) and Scarlett Johansson (Widow).

tumblr_mbzwsn08lH1ryiagzo1_500.gif

I also wouldn't mind seeing Olivia Wilde in the role either...

tumblr_litc7sgdKq1qzix30o1_500.gif

quorra_fighting.gif

Last edited:
With Lee Pace auditioning on Monday, hopefully we can get confirmed news by the end of the week. Or maybe next week.

Kurylenko has like the blandest film presence imaginable. Even someone like Biel would be preferable.

With Lee Pace auditioning on Monday, hopefully we can get confirmed news by the end of the week. Or maybe next week.

Only problem is that Marvel could sit on their hands for a month or more deciding on if they want to test other actors.. he's up against Joel Edgerton, Jack Huston and a few others..Sullivan Stapleton teased he might also meeting with Marvel too..Marvel isn't known for announcing actors that quickly.. Quill is going to be their franchise leader so they have to be very very careful.. Pace is a good choice but Joel is the bigger "get" for the studio..

tumblr_m5jj2aSB541qf6kg9.gif

tumblr_m7itnyaBZE1rtfztj.gif

Kurylenko has like the blandest film presence imaginable. Even someone like Biel would be preferable.

the thing of it is, I don't disagree with you..Olga was bland enough to land an action heavy role in Universal's Oblivion, a pretty sizable film.. I think she might have a better role there.. if you look at how Sif and Widow have been used so far.. they're supporting characters but like characters such as Rhodey, Fandral and Bucky only have a certain amount of depth to them.. mostly they're there to throw blows and sometimes toss out a line or two..Gamora could be more developed than them but I doubt it.. it's going to be all about Star-Lord's adventure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"