Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'ld love to have something to offer but my casting suggestions are still in the "Marvel movies forum' section.

My choices:
r0z8te.png

StarLord- Bradley Cooper
Gamora- Lynn Collins
Drax- Joe Manganiello
Rocket Raccoon- Voice of Jason Statham
Groot- Voice of Peter Cullen

I have a feeling that Marvel has already got a short list on actors and directors with offers sent out but anyway here are my thoughts.

Starlord : Nathan Fillion

Drax : Joe Mangaillo or Kevin Durand

Gamora : Paula Patton

Rocket Racoon : Seth Mcfarlane

Groot : Tony Todd

Thanos : Ron Pearlman.

I know Fillion is always used for fancast but i feel like he is truly perfect for this role. He would rock that like there was no tomorrow

I have a feeling that Marvel has already got a short list on actors and directors with offers sent out but anyway here are my thoughts.

I know Fillion is always used for fancast but i feel like he is truly perfect for this role. He would rock that like there was no tomorrow
ummmmm...

Nathan Fillion would've been perfect for this....

10 years ago.

All the Joe Manganiello love haha.

I'd like to see that. He's my cousin haha.

Well, 3rd cousin, but still, I am related to him.

Nathan Fillion would've been perfect for this....

10 years ago.

That excuse could work if i was casting him as rich ryder but im not. He can pull it off jus as easily as rdj does iron man and mark r does bruce banner. I think they are a lil bit older than fillion. He needs to shed a few pounds but other than that there is no reason he couldnt do it. Mcfarlane could pull off a foul mouthed raccoon in his sleep. Like him or hate him dude is funny

That excuse could work if i was casting him as rich ryder but im not. He can pull it off jus as easily as rdj does iron man and mark r does bruce banner. I think they are a lil bit older than fillion. He needs to shed a few pounds but other than that there is no reason he couldnt do it. Mcfarlane could pull off a foul mouthed raccoon in his sleep. Like him or hate him dude is funny

More than a few.

Starlord : Timothy Olyphant
Drax: Jason Mamoa
Gamora : Paula Patton (Superman-mos I really love that suggestion) or Jessica Beil
Groot : Alan Rickman
Rocket Raccoon :Jason Statham

Rocket Raccoon needs to be vicious, not just funny. He'd have to come up with a voice that's a mixture of Stewie and Carter Pewterschmidt.

Star-Lord: Timothy Olyphant (or for a younger choice, John Krazinski...yes...)
Rocket Raccoon: Peter Dinklage
Gamora: Gemma Arterton
Drax The Destroyer: Joe Manganiello
Groot: Michael Clark Duncan
Thanos: Laurence Fishburne

Star-Lord: Timothy Olyphant (would indeed bring some well deserved badassery to the character)
Rocket Raccoon: Jason Statham (this idea stuck out for me. or the MVC3 Greg Ellis)
Gamora: Olivia Wilde (she just the right amount of hot, time to Marvel-ize her)
Drax The Destroyer: Joe Manganiello (didnt know who the **** this was, but sure!)
Groot: um... James Earl Jones?
Thanos: Damion Poitier (I believe he is already cast...)
Adam Warlock (I refuse to believe he isn't in the film): Cillian Murphy O_O

May I ask why is Timothy Olyphant the default Star-Lord?

Don't know. He hasn't been great in the flicks I've caught him in. My fave for the role is Josh Brolin

I feel like Olyphant is just normal enough. He makes for a good ordinary man who could prepare himself for extraordinary situations.

Jason Statham or Greg Ellis for Rocky, I can't really picture anyone else for him. I don't think it'd be that hard to get either actor.

Peter Quill / Star-Lord: Josh Brolin
T1oxK.jpg

Gamora: Rosario Dawson
oHRRK.jpg

Drax the Destroyer: The Rock
es3Fe.jpg

Rocket Raccoon: Jason Statham
XxnSk.jpg

Adam Warlock / Magus: Jude Law
Aq8TL.jpg

Thanos: Val Kilmer
c2V98.jpg

I think Joshua Duhamel would be a solid Star-Lord. And Clarke-Duncan would be the perfect choice to voice groot (or even mo-cap him too if they decide to go that route)

Will Smith for Peter Quill.. that is all.. Make it so, Marvel, sell big tickets..

Smith would sell tickets. He wouldn't be a bad choice and neither would Tom Cruise for that matter...But honestly why not Matt Damon? He has always wanted to do something like this with him telling George Lucas he'd be game for a role in episode VII should it ever get made and his interest in playing Kirk in Star Trek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"