Official I Am Legend Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thealiasman2000 said:
So, out of the three, who do you think is the better actor:

Charlton Heston, Vincent Price or Will Smith?

They are all great for their respective times. I like films with all three, and all three bring a different approach and style to their work.

If in the trailer Will blurts out a bunch of one-liners, or "Ooohh heeelll nnaawww!" I will NOT go see this movie. :mad:

Isn't Johnny Depp signed up to this or is going to?

Bastila said:
Isn't Johnny Depp signed up to this or is going to?

He is going to star as Ben Cortman, the head (Mutant or vampire? What are they going with?). At least, that's the current speculation.

Flexo said:
He is going to star as Ben Cortman, the head (Mutant or vampire? What are they going with?). At least, that's the current speculation.
Flexo-"It's cool and totally hetero to go gay for Depp" should be your sig,i heartily agree:( :up:

hunter rider said:
Flexo-"It's cool and totally hetero to go gay for Depp" should be your sig,i heartily agree:( :up:

For some odd reason, all men say that. :( :up:

Smith=******ed, why god why this stupid casting choice?
Depp=never mind, another survivor is a STUPID, STUPID idea.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15221

UPDATE: JoBlo has learned that Depp will actually be playing a fellow survivor that Smith's character finds named Philip. The site says that Cortman has been taken out of the story completely. Akiva Goldsman's rewrite apparently has the monsters unable to speak and they are more primal and unintelligent.

hunter rider said:

UPDATE: JoBlo has learned that Depp will actually be playing a fellow survivor that Smith's character finds named Philip. The site says that Cortman has been taken out of the story completely. Akiva Goldsman's rewrite apparently has the monsters unable to speak and they are more primal and unintelligent.

That... sounds like ****.

I mean, damn.

I think I'll spend my money on 30 Days of Night.

Akiva Goldsman is a rapist of literature, does it seem he's raping htis as he did Batman and Constantine?

Movies205 said:
Akiva Goldsman is a rapist of literature, does it seem he's raping htis as he did Batman and Constantine?

Seriously, how horrible is that? Making the (Vampires or mutants? If they go with mutants, they obviously don't care about the source material one bit.) less intelligent? And adding other human survivors? Ugh.

Why even call it I Am Legend if Smith isn't the last human? Or if the monsters don't have the intelligence to fear him?

I would love to meet Goldsman, I bet he's really nice guy, just like Satan probably is :)

"which would have seen Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ridley Scott shoot a $108 million budgeted epic."

That line made me sad.....cause I would have liked to have seen that.

Matt declares Will Smith should go away ;)

well, im not seeing this. It isnt I Am Legend. If the world has the ability to re-populate itself with humans, there is no purpose to calling it "I Am Legend", if when by the ending, the humans are still around. I hate happy endings...especially in films like this.

to hell with Will Smith and to hell with Akiva Goldsman. Johnny Depp cant persuade me to see this film anymore.

hunter rider said:

It just keeps getting worse. :(

You KNEW they had to make Depp a big character. :rolleyes:

hunter rider said:

I was just reading this thread from the start and never read the book, but from what people have been saying, the story sounds very interesting. I'm not a big fan of Smith and I seriously think he's overrated. It sucks donkey balls that they're not following the book. I wanted to see Depp as the vampire. :o

Take my sound advice:

screw this, just rent "The Omega Man" and "The Last Man on Earth".

It's hilarious I can't wait till this comes out and everyone's like this is so amazing just like Constantine :(

Movies205 said:
It's hilarious I can't wait till this comes out and everyone's like this is so amazing just like Constantine :(

I'm still looking forward to this despite it veering away from the book and i'll be honest i am looking forward to seeing Depp and Smith onscreen as a duo:O

hunter rider said:
I'm still looking forward to this despite it veering away from the book and i'll be honest i am looking forward to seeing Depp and Smith onscreen as a duo:O

Yep, I'm there with you on that. :up:

When does this film go into production?

hunter rider said:

but...but i wanted him to play cortman...why god, why???????:( Why must akiva rape everything he touches in the ass?

Okay, this could be an interesting take, but it can not be called I am Legend. It is so far from the source material that it no longer even resembles the novella. If they want to make this movie they should call it something else and say it's loosely inspired by the novel I am Legend.

Then they should make a proper I am Legend movie a Richard Matheson's I am Legend that stays true to the source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"