Official Justice League Status Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed the 'lens flare' bottom center of the pic. This was definitely created for the film.

Although it's pretty unlikely that we'll get a Justice League movie that is an actual crossover between the existing movie versions of the characters, and I never want to see the solo movies getting bogged down with setup for other franchises the way Iron Man 2 did, I still think it would be neat if we eventually get to see a true crossover movie that has all the different characters team up and fight a big bad like Darksied.

The biggest problem, aside from the obvious one of getting all the actors signed on (it seems iffy that Bale would want to be involved, unless somehow they get Nolan to give his blessing to the project), is whether or not they can keep the walls between the solo films opaque while still making it believable in the Justice League movie that these characters exist in the same world. In the solo films, they never mention any other heroes, and I think that's for the best since if you'd rather not get into the whole "world of heroes" business (which in comics actually gets pretty out of hand), you can still enjoy the solo films as though that hero is the only one in the world. The "Superman stays out of Gotham" trope is kind of inevitable when Batman and Superman co-exist anyway, so you might as well run with it.

Unfortunately though, the easiest way to avoid having continuity be a problem is to not have continuity between the solo films and the JL movie at all, and that's the route they're probably going to go, so I don't expect that we'll be seeing Christian Bale, Henry Cavill, and Ryan Reynolds sharing a poster. I'm not going to whine if that's not what we get, because I can already see that the shared-universe approach is taking a big toll on Marvel in how maticulously they're trying to implement it. Still though, it's fun to imagine what could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"