Justice League of America has Been Delayed!

I can already see this a MILE away.

IF this is what they want to do...

....at the end of the JLA Movie we'll get the big reveal. Superman is alive, and Batman has been masterminding all the events in the movie unkown to the other leaguers. They both have been working together ... and at the end of the movie they will reveal the larger threat that they couldnt tell the rest of the leauge....this leads into JLA 2 with Batman and Superman in the forefront of that story

bank on it. Im calling it now. IF this JLA storyline stays in place...expect the big twist to be what I described.

Get off the weed dude... not being cynical here... but there is just no way in hell something remotely close to that will happen... even if Nolan walks... even if Bale is opened for a Batman role in JLA in 2011... not going to happen in a million years... the good news is we haven't gotten definitive casting of Batman and Superman in Miller's version as of yet... the other good news is that WB has at least brought in some writers... but at this point JLA or JL Mortal or whatever the **** they call it is light years ahead of MOS... until JLA is delayed INDEFINITELY and MOS SERIOUSLY picks up in the next few months... nothing close to this has any chance of coming to fruition. Those are the facts... unlike the make believe fantasy facts some people want to believe.

I Was wondering.

Would't be better if ''Justice League'' was settle, i don't know... four years in the Future?

Like... If the movie was released 2010, the movie would happen in 2014.

Like that, we could have Bale and Routh (The events of the individual movies are before ''JLA''), and also, we could get The individual movies, all settle in the present.

Makes sense, but again they aren't going to make part one Episode IV down the line or anything like that... the thing that irks me about this whole premise... how the heck to you explain Batman getting kicked out of the League unless you bring in a new Batman all together? That's why this whole thing is bull craps... because there won't be any Batman tie in to JLA from Nolan's films... I mean WB might very well do it with MOS considering they'll have more say with that this time around... but how they'd explain the tidbit on Batman getting kicked out would be really tricky if they intended to use Bale's version (which they won't of course)... there is really no perfect way of doing this... as it looks... the best we can hope for is JLA happening 09 (a vague origin movie not completely denying the team has been around for some time, with maybe a Superman cameo), MOS 2010 (Death of Superman), and MAYBE a reference in BB3 to the Justice League... then have JLA 2 take place many years after JLA and then add Batman and Supes full time... recast Bale if need be. All too complicated though.

Better yet, just cancel this ill-conceived movie. It's failing at every one of the apparent goals behind rushing this movie into production:

-The movie was supposed to beat the writer's strike, and be WB's big tentpole for 2009. Except they didn't, and there's no way this movie is coming out in 2009 now.

-JLA was supposed to launch solo franchises for heroes whose names weren't Superman and Batman...but now the rumors are that solo films in development aren't going to be in the same continuity or even feature the same characters (JLA will use John Stewart, GL will use Hal Jordan). WTF?

-I am convinced that when the script was originally written, they were hoping to get Bale and tie it in with BB. No one chooses friggin Talia as the big bad of the hugest superhero movie in history unless they're trying to piggy-back off of a sucessful film. But they couldn't get Bale, or any other credible actor, so they're stuck with nobodies like DJ Cotrona and Armie Hammer.

This movie has become a failure even before it gets made. It's an absolute joke that it's still going on, and with the resources the WB has poured into this they could already be well on their way to making a good GL or Flash film. With the Nolan trilogy still going on, now is not the time to be launching a separate big budget Batman played by some 21 year old kid.

Agree. I really don't have a good feeling about this.

I hope they film this one in Canada. All the best superhero films get made there (with the exception of the Fantastic Four films!)

Actually, all of the F4 & X-Men movies were filmed in Canada. I don't think any other Marvel movies did though.

The Batman movies end in the ''three'', Maybe we should wait and, at the end, get a hint that strike to JLA, as ''Man of Steel'' would also have.

I Was wondering.

Would't be better if ''Justice League'' was settle, i don't know... four years in the Future?

Like... If the movie was released 2010, the movie would happen in 2014.

Like that, we could have Bale and Routh (The events of the individual movies are before ''JLA''), and also, we could get The individual movies, all settle in the present.

4 years ahead isn't a long enough time frame to mention it unless Superman dies in the prologue of JL.

X-men did a similar thing like that. Just made it confusing since it still looked like it was happening now.

They can just have a character mention Superman dying X years ago in the story.

Guys, you know that they can release more than one DC movie in a year right? Marvel has been doing it.

No, movie studios using the Marvel characters have been, DC is part of WB, WB aren't going to make anymore than one superhero film a year, it's a different kettle of fish.

No, movie studios using the Marvel characters have been, DC is part of WB, WB aren't going to make anymore than one superhero film a year, it's a different kettle of fish.

Oh, well that sucks.

I still think it's just a threat. If doesn't get the 40% rebate, he will be forced to cut his budget for the movie.
Most likely a threat. I think the WB should be working on cutting budget and that was part of the problem with the script...

Agreed.

Or the WB can just fire Miller & get a yes man director & move the production to Canada while giving Miller the finger
...If it's not shot in Australia, I bet that Miller will not be involved.

Keep in mind that Barry Osborn more than likely owns the filming rights, so if it doesn't get made in Australia, Osborn will still have the filming rights and Miller is more than likely still in. Also, we don't know who will finance the $200 million if Australian based Village Roadshow Pictures decides to pull their money out of the project if they leave the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"