BvS Official Movie Title: Dawn of Justice (rate it)

Zeus

Sidekick
Reaction score
So its official

The new film will be called Dawn of Justice.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ed-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice#/slide/1

Lets discuss how you feel about the title and grade on a scale of 1 to 10 how much you like it. (1 being the worst, 10 being the best)

batmansupermanbig.jpg

5/10

Good first half.
Horrible second half.

8/10.

Making it a versus (supposed) film is engaging and what the DCU needs. Batman is the challenger to Superman so it should come first. "Dawn..." Is so so. I like the hint toward a Justice League.

Not bad WB.

6 - Fair for a title. Nothing special, but it gets the point across effectively.

I feel like its the lead in title to "The Justice League"...

Well done.

Should have had either the first or the second half. Why both?

And come on, why is the subtitle necessary? B v S is all anyone is ever going to call it.

I'm just going to vote 10 because it's a movie title and I can't believe we have a poll for a title.

5/10.

The first half is blah, the other half is fine.

:wow:Im surprised noone is complaining about supermans name not being in the front but instead are raging over the title name.

I gave it a 10. I like the fact it has batman and superman in it instead of man of steel and the the dark knight. I also like dawn of justice which is telling me this is leading into the justice league. It fits well with me i have no problem with it.

My only problem was...Why not call it 'WORLD'S FINEST'?

I know Cyborg and WW will be in this but come on.

Cue the "Dawn of the Justice of the Apes" puns

1/10

Not feeling it. Sounds like the title to a crappy fan-film or a video game. I like the logo though, and everything else about the movie.

5/10 for me.

I like the Batman V Superman part.

Dawn of Justice sounds tacky and clunky. Someone was correct when they said it sounded like a video game title.

It may have worked in a case where we got an earlier film with the BvS title and this would be a sequel to that, like Avengers and Avengers II: Age of Ultron...

But here... it just seems like overkill.

Though I am thrilled to see "Man Of Steel" dropped from the title, for all the wrong reasons. Won some bets on that one.

I knew they'd put Batman's name in the title and put him first.

Eh, 4/10.

Kind of laughable. Is it still a "versus" flick since it's "V" not "VS"? Lol.

Justice League: Reign of the Snydermen

Tagline: Now with more Goyer!

Last edited:
My only problem was...Why not call it 'WORLD'S FINEST'?

Because no one knows what Worlds Finest is... it sounds like some hair salon.

With a title like Avengers, you already had Fury namedrop it in Iron Man so audiences knew it was coming.

Worlds Finest would have just been left field confusion for general audiences.

I'm just going to vote 10 because it's a movie title and I can't believe we have a poll for a title.

Considering we are 5 minutes into the thread and there is a grade for every number...Its a damn good thing we have a poll :word:

Happy to see MOS NOT in the title though, that Superman's actual name is in it at least makes me happy.

World's Finest would have been perfect.... but that's not even the movie they're aiming to make so...

Last edited:
Eh, 4/10.

Kind of laughable. Is it still a "versus" flick since it's "V" not "VS"? Lol.

My issue with them using 'V' is that general audiences may likely just call the film Batman 'Vee' Superman orally..

Which sounds stupid.

Versus sounds better.

Batman/Superman: World's Finest would've worked. Or Superman/Batman: World's Finest. Either or would've been fine. Alphabetically Batman's name should be first in the title, it just rolls better, character wise it should be Superman though.

Last edited:
don't like the title myself..its sounds very b movie/fan film
just batman V superman would've been better.
i'm a bit nervous as to the versus content too...it's a very shaky subject is bats v supes to the comic fan...i personally am a superman fan and cannot see how bats could possibly beat superman.
but then you get the batman fan who says "read dark knight returns" ( a comic i very much didn't like) who is adamant bats would be the victor etc...it isnt like just doing justice league like in avengers where you can have in team fighting..this out and out says batman VERSUS superman.
It could upset the big hardcore bats or supes fans if not handled right..

Could be better.
I don't mind it though.
It's just a title.

Last edited:
I was fine with Batman vs. Superman.

Considering we are 5 minutes into the thread and there is a grade for every number...Its a damn good thing we have a poll :word:

Haha, good point. :yay:

Stay tuned for my hour long video review of the title. :cwink:

Superman relegated to second billing in his own sequel, oooh that is going to hurt.

Like Dawn of Justice though.

3/10 one for each word in the title that doesn't bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"