Iron Man 2 OFFICIAL: Rate & Review Iron Man 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this before....no one gives a flying **** who this "Scott Mendelson" is, I had never even heard of him until you posted his "blog trying to be art"

self importance doesn't fly around here....this isn't Blogspot or AICN

in my few visits over there yes, its the internet equivalent of a bunch of kids who formed their own club because no one else wants them...and then crap on everyone who isn't part of their club

That's what I figured. Whether they like me or not(i'm not that social when it comes to small talk that isn't a specific topic like film for example), I do like a good number of people over in community chat but a lot of the ones that got banned or left always had that whole click thing going on, just proves my belief that so many people in our society now matter how old they get still stick to that middle school/high school mentality.

Anyways, I can't wait to see IM2 for a second time this Sunday. I really want to see how I feel on second viewing. I hope I like it a bit more.

I'm a huge comic fan as well as film fan, i'm not an obsessive fanboy who complains about any and all deviations from the source material but was anyone else annoyed that they made Stark too humerous in the sequel?

I loved how Downey Jr. put his own personality into Stark and agree with those that said that was a fairly large factor in why the first film was so popular, especially with the GA. Near the end of the first film he started to become more serious like in the comics but in the sequel it's like he never learned his lesson or had that life altering experience when he was captured. I understand that his fame since he announced that he is IM got to his head and increased his ego but I think they should have toned his humour down just a tad.

Didn't ruin the movie for me of course but although I don't agree with those that said Stark in the first film is nothing like the comic book Stark, I do think in the sequel he really was that different from the comics. Downey Jr.'s performance was still fun and entertaining of course.

I dont need a poser on a website to tell me what I think about a film I watched...nor to validate how I feel

No one says I'm not listening. But they can't be challenged? What are they SHH deities? No one dare question their facist authority?

That is correct. We are given the authority, and we enforce it.

Now you will drop the trollish attitude, or I will drop you.

Irish, I don't know how much experience you might have with alcoholism or just drunk people in general...."talking it out" usually doesn't work, regardless of the situation..."Oh please you're putting yourself and others at risk" will usually get the response of

1. a bottle or something thrown at you

2. physical violence

Rhodey jumped in the suit, told everyone to get the f out, and even told Tony to shut it down

if you're so determined to hate it thats fine, you and Devin Faraci can this other reviewer you're so hung up on can sip brandy somewhere, pretend to be intellectuals, and laugh at us common folk for enjoying the film

Irish, I don't know how much experience you might have with alcoholism or just drunk people in general...."talking it out" usually doesn't work, regardless of the situation..."Oh please you're putting yourself and others at risk" will usually get the response of

1. a bottle or something thrown at you

2. physical violence

Rhodey jumped in the suit, told everyone to get the f out, and even told Tony to shut it down

if you're so determined to hate it thats fine, you and Devin Faraci can this other reviewer you're so hung up on can sip brandy somewhere, pretend to be intellectuals, and laugh at us common folk for enjoying the film

Hey, Black. Rhodey jumped into the suit because the military wanted action, correct? I thought that's why he was pissed off at Stark. Time was ticking, and Stark wasn't doing anything.

Why would've Tony laughed at him? It's not addressing the point of the issue. Tony is in a suit of armor destroying **** while drunk, correct?

Then, Tony's friends (the supposed rationale one) decides to go grab ANOTHER militarized suit of armor and fight said person to stop the damage (thus creating ALOT more danger all around)? ..... yeah that makes a world of sense.

:doh: I'll keep the face palm in there just for you. Rhodes intention wasn't to actually fight him. He gave a warning or two to Stark telling him to settle down and end the party due to his recklesness. The suit was only used as an intimidation factor since Stark most likely would have done the same thing to Rhodes as he did to Pepper in regards to ignoring their advice.

Also, you don't find it awkward in the slightest how Rhodes just jumps in the suits and is wizzing around handling it like a pro even though it's his first time in the suit?

Tony, a brillaint inventor didn't put pass key incriptions to even work said armors? You don't find it illogical that a suit of armor built specifically for a man Stark's size, that another occupant can just get in and use it and it fits him like a glove?

This is one thing i'll agree with you on. Tony most likely would have had some kind of pass key or even Jarvis might have not allowed someone else to use the suit.

The movie was ridiculous.

I don't find the movie to be ridiculous as you put it. It does have it's faults but I don't think it's as bad as you and a number of others make it out to be.

Loses all the charm, sense of realism, and tension the brillaint 1st movie gave us.

This review nails everything.

http://scottalanmendelson.blogspot.com/2010/05/review-iron-man-2the-imax-experience.html

To be honest, the first one didn't exactly have a sense of realism either. I do agree with you that they did ignore things like making it easy for someone to just jump in one of the IM suits just to move the scene forward but I still don't find the movie to be horrible.

I also didn't find much tension in the first one. I love the first one and I think I like it better than the sequel but I won't call the sequel crap or subpar since it wasn't a cluster **** like Spider-Man 3 or X-men 3.

Hey, Black. Rhodey jumped into the suit because the military wanted action, correct? I thought that's why he was pissed off at Stark. Time was ticking, and Stark wasn't doing anything.

yes, he was on the phone with his General saying that Iron Man would be back on watch within 24 hours

and I think during that fight, he realized he'd be better off taking the suit as Tony was a mess

this is not true :dry:

Don't dry face me square, I don't wanna have flash on you-I don't have the strikes left to bump. HE WAS physically IN THE SUIT for A LOT of screen time. Where am I wrong?

Monaco, the Rhodey fight, the final battle, Stark Expo, all the screen time spent suffering and dying in the suit. I don't play nerdball with nobody on here, so slow your hind quarters down.

:dry:

It was half the crowd at the theater I was in that stayed.

anyone notice that Mickey Rourke, at least lately, always has animals around in the movies he's in?

I'm giving IM2 a 9/10. I thought it was as awesome as IM1.

Being in a high powered suit of armor and drunk is not safe for anyone, and Rhodes gave him fair warning to shut down...

go back and read the comics, the relationship between Rhodes and Stark is fraught with this type of stuff, Rhodes thinks Tony should be more responsible and Tony thinks that Rhodes loyalty to the USAF is misplaced....in the books when Rhodes actually took over as Iron Man he refused to give the suit up and that led to a serious confrontation

The scene in question however, makes little sense from multiple angles. That was the best way to get Tony to stand down? He was merely having fun in the suit, he wasn't being forceful in the suit, nor was he on the verge of snapping on the people at his party. So why create a worse situation by challenging him to a fight? It seemed very overzealous for a character who is supposed to be more down to earth than Tony, and a more rational, less quirky mind. It wasn't a well built scene, at all. And then he steals it for military use ontop of it? What he just planned to beat Iron Man (a veteran of the suit) into submission (or near death) for being drunk and having fun? Or for him to steal the weapon for military use?

:dry:

Some friend.

He was drunk and shooting things that were thrown in the air at what point was that not a problem????
Tell you what next party you throw..let me show up, get hammered and shoot things in the air with a gun,,,we'll see how much of not a problem it is:doh:

This movie was damn awesome. It gave me everything I wanted and expected. This was like the first movie, but with a larger scope. They really stayed grounded to what made the movie likable in the first place. It also was a good setup for future movies as well. They didn't go too far trying to establish the rest of the Marvel U, but they gave plenty to look forward to in the future.

I'm gonna let this movie marinate a bit before thinking about where it ranks in regards to other comic movies. One thing is sure for me though. This movie is just as good as the first, and maybe even better.

I'm giving it an 8/10. Not Star Trek or Avatar good, but still a great ride. :D I missed Terrance as Rhodey. I thought he was better. :(

Terrance Howard gets to be Nelson Mandela now...he'll be fine

I still don't like him though, never did

Terrance Howard gets to be Nelson Mandela now...he'll be fine

I still don't like him though, never did
He was quite wonderful in the Hunting Game. :D He is quickly rising high on my list of faves. I like Cheadle, don't get me wrong, but I liked Terrance better here.

BTW, when Stark was looking through that notebook of plans from his dad, there was a sketch of cube thing. That wouldn't be a cosmic cube or anything would it....? *apologizes if this was already brought up*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"