Days of Future Past Official Rate and Review DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people are confused about Magneto's ability to control the sentinels. He embedded them with metal, therefore he was able to control all of their physical attributes (arms, legs, etc) despite their programming.

...and that doesn't make sense. He'd have to concentrate on every little thing, but the robots act without his influence while he's busy doing other stuff. I'll try to buy the "re-programming" explanation instead, that he managed to become a robotics expert overnight.

He was studying the blueprints to the Sentinels, so he'd learned how they worked. Whatever he did, he managed to reprogram them.

Mags is incredibly smart...

He was studying the blueprints to the Sentinels, so he'd learned how they worked. Whatever he did, he managed to reprogram them.

That's exactly what I choose to believe (with small nitpicks).

But, got to love the way he "sucked" himself on top of that train, wow. And it even makes sense.

Yeah Mags controlling the Sentinels was kinda an issue for me too.I think a lot of little things don't really hold up to scrutiny if you think about it too much.:oldrazz:

Yeah Mags controlling the Sentinels was kinda an issue for me too.I think a lot of little things don't really hold up to scrutiny if you think about it too much.:oldrazz:

At least they had the 70s Sentinels made out of plastic, in an attempt to stop Magneto being able to control them.

And i quite liked the fact he 'rewired' them. Considering the stuff he's done in the comics, that was nothing. And even the films have shown how sophisticated his powers are - just for one instance, in X1 he pulled away all those guns, then raised them and positioned them, fired one of them, held back the bullet, and then at the same time walked to a helicopter and opened the door magnetically. That's a helluva lot of magnetic fields going on!

Again, all he did was splice railroad metal into their bodies. How does that control their A.I.? All he should theoretically be able to do is force their bodies to do what he wants, but they wouldn't overtly obey him like they did.

Again, all he did was splice railroad metal into their bodies. How does that control their A.I.? All he should theoretically be able to do is force their bodies to do what he wants, but they wouldn't overtly obey him like they did.

Well considering the fact one tried to attack him before he ripped it apart doesn't that suggest he didn't have control over their A.I.? He was just controlling their movement, the Sentinels were still programmed to target mutants.

He studied the blueprints and found out how they worked, and used the railroad metal to rewire them.

I don't know how their AI works. Go build one, let us know how that works. :cwink:

Well considering the fact one tried to attack him before he ripped it apart doesn't that suggest he didn't have control over their A.I.? He was just controlling their movement, the Sentinels were still programmed to target mutants.

I think it was the one Beast damaged. Ripped some **** off its neck.

Danoyse, go see the movie again. Try to look real hard if you can see what book Magneto is reading while he's imprisoned in that one shot. I bet it's "Advanced engineering VII: robotics".

At work today some co-workers were talking about the movie. They told me it was too much talking and not enough action. Also they said it was a bit confusing. That seems to be the consensus with most people that mention it to me. It seems that most people forget about or didn't see first class. They are going in straight from wolverine 2 and are lost.

Ya, that's one of my issues ..... there wasn't a standout action sequence, but an awful lot of dialogue. There needed to be better balance, after all this is a comic book film.

Danoyse, go see the movie again. Try to look real hard if you can see what book Magneto is reading while he's imprisoned in that one shot. I bet it's "Advanced engineering VII: robotics".

:funny:

"Advanced Robotics: These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For"

...and that doesn't make sense. He'd have to concentrate on every little thing, but the robots act without his influence while he's busy doing other stuff. I'll try to buy the "re-programming" explanation instead, that he managed to become a robotics expert overnight.

Like someone else has mentioned he has done multiple things at one time many times before. He was controlling their movement..which is plausible seeing as how he infused metal throughout their entire body…even if their programming told them to do one thing, their body wouldn't respond because of the control Mags had over it.

Like someone else has mentioned he has done multiple things at one time many times before. Just in FC he stopped hundreds of missiles which were coming at him/them from every angle.

He was facing and focusing on the missiles almost the whole time. A sentinel has a huge amoung of moving parts, most of the time he probably didn't even know what they were doing when they attacked Logan and Beast, he was focused on the safe room and his speech/plans.

He studied the blueprints and found out how they worked, and used the railroad metal to rewire them.

I don't know how their AI works. Go build one, let us know how that works. :cwink:

Your last comment is completely irrelevant.

The whole scene is a great example of how Singer quickly brushed over various sequences in the movie without rational explanation, expecting the viewer to bite like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Nowhere in the movie does Eric reprogram their AI, which they clearly have. All that's shown to us is him fusing metal into the bodies.

He didn't have control over their AI as shown by when one of the sentinels tried to attack him.

He could not reprogram them. All he could do was make them perform simple functions like turning them out, turning on their flying capabilities, and having them shoot.

When he sicked one on Wolverine and Beast, he just let it go do its own thing.

Like someone else has mentioned he has done multiple things at one time many times before. He was controlling their movement..which is plausible seeing as how he infused metal throughout their entire body…even if their programming told them to do one thing, their body wouldn't respond because of the control Mags had over it.

He didn't have control over their AI as shown by when one of the sentinels tried to attack him.

He could not reprogram them. All he could do was make them perform simple functions like turning them out, turning on their flying capabilities, and having them shoot.

When he sicked one on Wolverine and Beast, he just let it go do its own thing.

He verbally ordered one of them to go do something though. Please re-watch the film.

When the little metal strings go into their "brain" and turns them on, that's more reprogramming for me than just making them non-automated puppets. Everything we see suggests that a reprogramming happened. The blueprints, the metal shreads in the Sentines' heads, the way Sentinels attack Logan/Beast and reacting to everything they do while Magneto is focusing entirely on something else.

What? That literally makes no sense. He gave a direct order, which signals he had control over their decision making.

We could confirm this, if only he'd asked them to make him a sandwich.

What? That literally makes no sense. He gave a direct order, which signals he had control over their decision making.

I forget the exact words, but essentially "Go do what you were made for" is not a specific order that one can just give to a robot. I saw it as more of a snide remark he makes before aiming the robot at Beast and Wolverine.

No, lol. It wasn't an order, he was just thinking out loud because we aren't in the age of silent movies any more.

At work today some co-workers were talking about the movie. They told me it was too much talking and not enough action. Also they said it was a bit confusing. That seems to be the consensus with most people that mention it to me. It seems that most people forget about or didn't see first class. They are going in straight from wolverine 2 and are lost.

I don't agree it was confusing, but it would have been good to have another action scene in the middle between the Quicksilver sequence and Magneto moving the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"