Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time Thread

This is offtopic, and I apologize for that, but I'm just really excited!

I got a package in the mail today from Insomniac Games that kicks bountiful quantities of ass!
IGPackage.jpg

Insomniac Games Package

R2DevTeam.jpg

One of the fellas

SRPADev.jpg

Kick ass gold SRPA Symbol pin
I'm looking forward to Ratchet and Clank: ACIT, this game is going to be phenomenal! Probably the best one in the series thus far. ;)

Man, you're a lucky dude LIZARD, I've love to get some schwag like that from a dev as good as Insomniac.

ACiT looks like its going to be Insomniac's best game yet. I've been counting down to it ever since the end of Tools of Destruction.

Man, you're a lucky dude LIZARD, I've love to get some schwag like that from a dev as good as Insomniac.

You don't have to tell me twice. :hehe:

I'm very fortunate to have kept in contact with them for the past three years. :wow: They are a great group of people!

I'm looking forward to visiting them this Fall.

Hopefully someday I'll be able to get a job there. Who knows, maybe I'll help with the next RESISTANCE. :bow::funny:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/20/dual-demo-details-ratchet-follows-clank-into-a-crack-in-time/

Sony's Playstation Blog announced today that the two expected Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time demos will hit the PSN over the next couple weeks. The first one, releasing this Thursday, is the Clank demo (he's the robot). Players will take the bucket of bolts with a destiny through the Great Clock, as he learns some "time-based abilities" for puzzle solving.

Next week will be Ratchet's turn to shake his money maker so you'll buy the game. Although the details are scarce as to what players will do in the demo, if we know anything about that lombax -- and after seven games, we certainly know plenty -- it'll involve blowing stuff up with crazy weaponry.

So I just got back from visiting Insomniac Games today and oh my god...my experience, in one word that doesn't justify the experience, PHENOMENAL!

Words can not describe how kick ass of a time I had. It was amazing, walking in and shaking hands with Ryan Schneider and have him recognize you, which I've never met him in person, and know that I flew all the way from Michigan! An amazing way to start off the day! Then, on top of that, have him personally introduce you to the CEO of Insomniac Games Ted Price who appreciates all your support over the years with Resistance! Amazing!

The panel was awesome. I got to meet David Kaye, the voice of Clank and Nathan Hale, who by the way actually does Clanks voice with no effects! It was amazing to see him jump back and forth between Hale and Clank. Adam Sessler of X-Play was there and man is he awesome! He is a very intelligent person and really nice. They served pizza and subs for lunch and then when that came to a close they announced that they would be doing autographs, lucky for those who didn't bring stuff to autograph, we received an advanced copy of Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time for free!

The game is easily the best one yet in the franchise and the story is just mind blowing. I have to say it easily sums up all the questions fans of the franchise have had over the years.

It was absolutely unreal...I look forward to Community Day next year, thankfully I won't have to fly out there. ;)

I just picked up the game along with the guide, will be playing it soon, (U2 must be Platinumed) WOO HOO exclusives galore lol!!!:awesome::up:

Its out in a few weeks here. Can't wait to snap it up.

Real shame what Insomniac said about Resistance 2 the other day. I hope they know there's lots of us out there that LOVE Resistance 2's campaign.

Its out in a few weeks here. Can't wait to snap it up.

Real shame what Insomniac said about Resistance 2 the other day. I hope they know there's lots of us out there that LOVE Resistance 2's campaign.

I loved the game,:heart: yeah they deserve better than that, but the fact that they acknowledged that some "fans":whatever: had complaints and that they will obviously be working on improving part 3 reflects highly, in my book, as to what a great developer they are, kudos to them!!!:awesome::up:

I wanted buy this game but i have never played the first one i played the demo and really had fun with it at best buy.

I wanted buy this game but i have never played the first one i played the demo and really had fun with it at best buy.

I heard there's a pretty good recap in the beginning. And if you're worried becasue you never played the first, what about the other 4?:wow:

I just started Quest For Booty. I have to beat it before getting CIT. It's great for 10 dollars, but not as good as I had hoped. Anyone play it?

I heard there's a pretty good recap in the beginning. And if you're worried becasue you never played the first, what about the other 4?:wow:

I just started Quest For Booty. I have to beat it before getting CIT. It's great for 10 dollars, but not as good as I had hoped. Anyone play it?
The PS2 games had very little bearing on Tools of Destruction. I was a new player to the series and jumped into it quite okay. The Future saga which started on the PS3 are all related so I think they are more pivotal to understand ACiT than the PS2 ones

Hi guys, I just beat the game yesterday and just wanted to say that it's a fantastic game and concludes the story arc perfectly, Insomniac has done it again, IMO it's the best game in the series 10/10!!!:awesome::up:

So, after months of delay, I finally got the chance to buy and play this game. Enjoying it so far. The graphics look absolutely beautiful!

So, after months of delay, I finally got the chance to buy and play this game. Enjoying it so far. The graphics look absolutely beautiful!
Im playing it now as well. Just as good as the last game. I was upset to see so many weapons gone though. I especially miss the Shock Ravager

Im playing it now as well. Just as good as the last game. I was upset to see so many weapons gone though. I especially miss the Shock Ravager

Yeah, I miss some of the previous weapons, but at least they kept the Groovitron and Mr. Zurkon.

Another thing I like is that, for the first time, they actually made the space fights fun. I remember dreading them in Going Commando and Tools of Destruction, but I like the new system set-up for space travel/space fights.

Yeah, I miss some of the previous weapons, but at least they kept the Groovitron and Mr. Zurkon.

Another thing I like is that, for the first time, they actually made the space fights fun. I remember dreading them in Going Commando and Tools of Destruction, but I like the new system set-up for space travel/space fights.
I also miss the Predators. Those were really useful. I didnt feel as if some of the newer weapons were as interesting and great

IA on the space stuff. When I first saw it, I got bad memories of the Gummy space stuff from Kngdom Hearts. I surprsingly liked the space stuff in this game. The moons reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy. I liked that there were several with extra side missions within them to do

I also surprisngly didnt mind the Clank bits. I didnt care for it in the demo but it grew on me. I was afraid the split would be 50/50 between him and Ratchet from stuff I read, but Im glad that wasnt the case. He was good for the small doses you played as him

If anyone is interested, here are some pictures from when I attended Community Day. For some reason my camera was acting up and was blurring the pictures...so I apologize about the quality.

102_0353.jpg

Insomniac Games Community Manage Ryan Schneider drawing a winning ticket.

102_0364.jpg

Ratchet Conference Room

102_0365.jpg

Clank Conference Room

102_0369.jpg

102_0370.jpg

The view from their Conference Room

102_0372.jpg

Insomniac Games CEO Ted Price signing Ratchet & Clank: ACIT posters

102_0367.jpg

Signing our posters, as well as, our free advanced copies of the game

For some reason I can't get to some of my other pictures. :( If you guys want to see anymore I'll post them.

This day was nothing short of phenomenal! :D

Last edited:
thanks for the pics. Looks like it was a fun day. Cant wait to see what they did with their next title.

Oh I also thought that mini game My Blaster Runs Hot was pretty fun and humorous. The quotes were really funny. "These graphics dont do my abs any justice" lol.

I personally think it's a good idea. As long as they develop exclusivley for PS3, all we're going to see from Insomniac is Ratchet and Resistance games. Seeing as we'll probably still keep getting those, more IPs from them that don't have Sony's influence can't hurt.

I'm mixed on this. On one hand, it's nice to see Insomniac growing as a company, and I understand if they are fed up with being tied by Sony's exclusivity deals. However, Sony still owns the Ratchet and Resistance franchises, and if Insomniac moved to multi-platform, we may or may not have a repeat of the fiasco with the Crash/Spyro games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"