Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time Thread

ahh that would suck. Crash was such a great series while Naughty Dog did it and when they moved on, it went downhill

I personally think it's a good idea. As long as they develop exclusivley for PS3, all we're going to see from Insomniac is Ratchet and Resistance games. Seeing as we'll probably still keep getting those, more IPs from them that don't have Sony's influence can't hurt.
Only if they expand though, which I think they should, now.
But if it's still the same group of developers, they'll be spread so thin, Ratchet and Resistance games will be like 4 years apart.
Though Ratchet can take it. I mean, Crack in Time concluded things nicely, there COULD be a sequel, but at least, unlike Tools of Destruction, this one didn't leave us on a massive cliffhanger.

Only if they expand though, which I think they should, now.
But if it's still the same group of developers, they'll be spread so thin, Ratchet and Resistance games will be like 4 years apart.
Though Ratchet can take it. I mean, Crack in Time concluded things nicely, there COULD be a sequel, but at least, unlike Tools of Destruction, this one didn't leave us on a massive cliffhanger.

Hopefully they'll expand. Seeing how the company grew while Tools of Destruction and Resistance, not to mention being constantly being honored for "Best Place to Work", I could see the company growing.

So, now that I finished the game here's my thoughts:

THE BAD:
-The game was a bit short.
-Not a large variety of weapons and enemies.
-Certain glitches, especially the Valkyrie glitch.

THE GOOD:
-An excellent, epic story with smart plot twists and likeable characters.
-Despite shortage of weapons, they are still fun.
-Plenty of replay value in Zoni, Mods, and moon systems.
-The graphics are GORGEOUS (especially in Terachnos and Vapedia)
-Plenty of little details (character animation, trivia, space radio) that make the game whole.

So, overall, I really liked. Probably the second greatest game in the series.

9/10

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there, my topmost favorite would be Up Your Arsenal.
But I didn't think it was short. It was longer than I expected. Longer than Tools of Destruction.
The space flying feature was great, I though. The fact that you could just fly around, listening to space radio. If they'll be making a sequel, I really hope they implement more of that.

IA on the weapons. I preferred the Tools of Destruction weapons. I hated that so many of those got taken out and replaced with new ones. This is my second Ratchet game and I didnt realized they replaced the weapons. I thought they would keep most and add maybe a couple of new ones

The series will be continued...in comic book form:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26690

RATCHET AND CLANK #1
Written by T.J. FIXMAN
Art by ADAM ARCHER
Cover by CREATUREBOX
The best-selling Sony franchise finally becomes an action-packed comic!
With Dr. Nefarious defeated and the universe safe, galactic heroes Ratchet and Clank return to the Solana galaxy for some well-earned rest and relaxation. But when entire planets begin disappearing from the universe without a trace, Galactic President Qwark calls them back into action to solve the mystery. As the rest of the universe erupts in panic, the duo must embark on an epic adventure that will pit them against their most capable adversary to date: a Markazian planet thief named Artemis Zogg!
On sale SEPTEMBER 8 • 1 of 6 • 32 pg, FC $3.99 US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"