The Dark Knight OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER #2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys can someone do me a huge favor? A while back there was a 39 mb AVI version of the trailer that was posted here. I forget by whom. Anyhow, I accidentally deleted it when I reformatted my computer, and I really need a smaller file size version (but still with at least medium quality, not MOV however) because the huge 1080p one is a killer to do editing with.

Thanks in advance.

- batman11

Great analysis.

Here's question: have we figured out yet why Joker turns around TWICE at the end of the trailer?

In the long shot, he turns around slowly as Batman passes him, torquing his body along with the motion of the Batpod as it does a 180. (This is roughly from 1:48 to 1:50.)

Then, Joker turns around again - obviously, after the "Let's put a smile on that face" line. This time he does it in a jerky fashion, very unlike the first motion in the previous shot (which was long and slow as the bike went around.) This occurs about 1:53 to 1:55, etc.

If you're like me, your eyes were glued to the Joker the whole time during the trailer, which is why I found it strange. It's cut together in such a way to look like Batman passes by, and then Joker turns around in the next shot. But if you watch the Joker the whole time, Joker obviously turns around twice.

So what's going on? Are these two different shots spliced together? Probably. But then why are both perspectives the same? (In both instances, Wayne tower is behind Joker in the distance as he faces the other direction.) Obviously, both shots take place in the larger context of the chase scene, but I just can't figure out why he turns around twice, once in reaction to the bike, and again in reaction to...? And facing the same direction, nonetheless?

Great analysis.

Here's question: have we figured out yet why Joker turns around TWICE at the end of the trailer?

In the long shot, he turns around slowly as Batman passes him, torquing his body along with the motion of the Batpod as it does a 180. (This is roughly from 1:48 to 1:50.)

Then, Joker turns around again - obviously, after the "Let's put a smile on that face" line. This time he does it in a jerky fashion, very unlike the first motion in the previous shot (which was long and slow as the bike went around.) This occurs about 1:53 to 1:55, etc.

If you're like me, your eyes were glued to the Joker the whole time during the trailer, which is why I found it strange. It's cut together in such a way to look like Batman passes by, and then Joker turns around in the next shot. But if you watch the Joker the whole time, Joker obviously turns around twice.

So what's going on? Are these two different shots spliced together? Probably. But then why are both perspectives the same? (In both instances, Wayne tower is behind Joker in the distance as he faces the other direction.) Obviously, both shots take place in the larger context of the chase scene, but I just can't figure out why he turns around twice, once in reaction to the bike, and again in reaction to...? And facing the same direction, nonetheless?

Personally, I think Joker slowly watches Batman crash (turns the first time around in the trailer) and then after the crash he turns forward again, takes a deep breath and does a quick jerk of the head (the second time he turns around in the trailer).

Imagine a big music que, where the Joker turns and flashes the evil smile, possessed about going after Batman.

Anyways, that's my take.

We'll see though.

Great analysis.

If you're talking about my analysis, thank you :grin::grin::grin:

I believe I mentioned in the analysis that the close-up of him turning around is just another shot of the same event (due to the nature of the film-making process, multiple pov's are needed for scenes like this one).

What about my point Battousai? Are you agree with it?

I don't think he actually turns around twice in this scene - as I said in my previous post, I think those are two pov's of the same shot meant to be edited together in the final cut.

First shot we see Batman coming toward Joker and swerving from pov behind Joker in the distance.

Example:

Cut to: close-up of Joker turning

Cut back to: Batman swerving farther down the road

Next shot

This has nothing to do with the 2 trailer, but in the first teaser when Joker begins to speak and you listen closely you can hear the sound on cards being shuffeled.

I don't think he actually turns around twice in this scene - as I said in my previous post, I think those are two pov's of the same shot meant to be edited together in the final cut.

First shot we see Batman coming toward Joker and swerving from pov behind Joker in the distance.

Example:

Next shot

That makes sense. I think the confusion being caused (at least for me) is how it was edited/shown in the trailer. Not entirely sure whether Nolan actually does the nuts n' bolts work on trailer editing, but by making the two shots separate entities (as if they occur consecutively but apart from each other), it really kinda make you go "Huh?"

Example:

Next shot
Ehh!?? I wasn't referring this part, sglass03 did...I mentionned Point 26b-1 when Lucius says "This more like it ..." and Bruce smile. Scroll up you'll understand.

In the trailer there are a lot of takes that have been used twice. This is Nolan filling in the space to make it a two minute trailer without showing too much. There are two shots of the Joker clapping his hands together, there are two shots of the joker turning around after the bat pod whizzes by him. also a lot of the other shots in the trailer like the one of Batman standing on the building look like shots they are not gonna use. In the prologue there are similar shots of what is in the trailer. The shot of Batman on the building in the prologue is slightly different, and it looks better too. There's also a shot in the prologue of joker firing his gun; this angle is different from the one in the trailer. My guess is that Nolan threw a bunch of images that were pretty much second or third takes into the trailer just to fill up the two minute mark. A shot of the bat pod ( in the trailer) with a camera car clearly visible is evidence towards my point.

Ehh!?? I wasn't referring this part, sglass03 did...I mentionned Point 26b-1 when Lucius says "This more like it ..." and Bruce smile. Scroll up you'll understand.

Ah - if you had said that earlier I wouldn't have gotten so far ahead of myself, lol :O

I've fixed the problem - it would seem in not putting that screenshot in the album I forgot I had it - thanks for the heads up :up:

Ah - if you had said that earlier I wouldn't have gotten so far ahead of myself, lol :O

I've fixed the problem - it would seem in not putting that screenshot in the album I forgot I had it - thanks for the heads up :up:
You welcome.:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back