OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER #2 Discussion

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Solidus, Dec 11, 2007.

?

Rate the trailer

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Battousai Registered

Due to my analysis thread being merged with this one, I have compiled the important posts for it here. I will re-post these links whenever the need arises in order to keep newcomers informed about our knowledge of TDK.

Points 1 - 11

Points 12 - 31

The link to Point 32 is given at the end of the second link's post as will all new Points that I post here.

--Cameron

:hoboj: :up:

2. Conebone69 The Legend Ends

3. The Battousai Registered

4. JokerCam Registered

I still think the lego version is cooler

5. Nightwing1977 Want to see my mask??

6. dark_knight08 December 20, 2019

The trailer looked amazing, i really can't wait for the movie to come out, The Joker looks awesome, and Batman looks amazing as well.
    This is by far gonna be the best movie of 2008

And here are my favorite quotes from the trailer spoken from The Clown Prince of Crime himself.

"You see, to them, you're just a freak... like me!"
    "Let's put a smile on that face!"
    :hoboj:

7. turtlefocker Registered

Someone should make one of these trailers with footage from the 1940's serials and "The Man Who Laughs"

I'm also surprised no one has used "The Batman" as a source to make it.

8. protocida Registered

9. turtlefocker Registered

Not clear on what that means....

10. The Battousai Registered

They have did? Who did you learn grammar from, the Rugrats?

11. mackblack01 Registered

12. regwec Make Mine Marble

Shuts up. :cmad:

13. The Battousai Registered

You're making me angry -

You won't like me when I'm angry... :cmad:

:bh::bh::bh::bh::bh:

14. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

15. dbrm Registered

16. First time poster, long time reader.

Anyways, the other day I was looking at the trailer and not really paying attention to it, but I thought I noticed something. At 1:14 in the trailer, it shows the scene of someone going down the the white area where the tumbler and all of batman's equipment is located. It's really hard to make out and it doesnt show a face, almost looks like up-close that they blotted out the face, but I am just speculating here, the way the person stands, his mannerism, could that be the joker going into batman's hideout? And then at 1:23 in the trailer it shows someone driving the tumbler, the way it's driven, (and I could be really stretching it here), almost seems as if someone is driving it the first time,that they're not used to it; could that be the joker inside the tumbler? Listening and reading a lot of stuff about this movie, everyone says that the change in the suit and vehicle of batman is a major plot point, is it because the joker destroys it?

On the other hand, I could be reading way too much into this and for that I apologize for wasting anybody's time.

Just one more thing, I have been reading that the joker's speech at the beginning of the trailer, that he is talking to batman and that could be very well true, but could he just as easily been talking to two-face?

17. TNC9852002 Banned User

It's strange. This trailer has a big-time killed reputation in the country and around the world. I've never seen people put so much time and energy in replicating and celebrating ONE trailer. I mean, it's been done before with some of the Spider-Man, LOTR, and X-Men trailers, but TDK has been parodied by a lot more people..

-TNC

18. Maul2513 Registered

I completely agree with the first part, i also believe its the joker going down into batman's hideout. The second part about the tumbler, i dont know. However, if he found the hide out, wouldnt he realize its under wayne manor and that bruce is batman? As for the speech to two face, it could go either way

19. TNC9852002 Banned User

I hear Joker has a couple of speeches in the film. It's hard to say who he's talking to or when in the trailer. It could be pieces of two different scenes.

-TNC

20. Cagefighterkip Mr. Golightly

id put money on the 2face/joker confrontation...
    :hoboj:

21. Snoo Clark's loyal friend

Welcome to the boards! Good first post. I'm going to comment on the first part. It's been debated before and if I remember correctly some people believe it might be Alfred. You're right though, the stance alone reminds me of the Joker himself, he was the first one I thought of when I saw the shot.

Still, the coat the person is wearing looks darker than purple (unless they edited it in the trailer to throw us off the scent for the time being). The scene is brightly lit from above so I think the actual color of the coat would show nicely.

From that angle, it looks more like a winter coat to me, classy, nicely cut, and not Joker's slightly lighter coat that has this nice flow to it when he moves (best seen in the news report cam footage of him on the streets during a Chicago shoot as he was "getting in character", standing by a car with a crew member and playing with a yo-yo, and it was night time). The coat moves beautifully there, making me believe the fabric is lighter than a typical heavy wool coat. It just doesn't look as thick as Alfred's.

Alfred's wearing a nice black wool coat over his black suit in the trailer. It's buttened up. Plus he has black leather gloves. Yo-yo!Heath in the above vid is sporting an unbuttoned coat, hence the nicer "flow", very theatrical. :woot: *flutters* Hehe. Unless he buttoned himself up in the trailer shot and therefore looks different... Damn... Walking in circles here.

It's hard to say. Since the shot in the trailer is cut off before we can see the face and the person is standing too far away for people to recognize them on the spot, we can't be certain of their identity. It's quite maddening and I'm sure that was intentional. Heck, from that distance it could be almost anyone, even Bruce. Or Gordon? :wow:

(LOLZ it would be funny if it was actually Rachel... Doesn't look like her but it would crack me up if it were true! Talk about unexpected!)

22. Citadel30 Here I am...

good post! makes one think a little about the plot!

23. Snoo Clark's loyal friend

Forgot to comment on this:

I just wanted to add you don't have to apologize for "wasting people's time" here, honestly. At least not to me. The trailer may have appeared a while ago and the smallest details have been analysed and debated to death already but that doesn't mean the discussion cannot begin anew after a while.

You know, just because it's been brought up before shouldn't stop any member from talking about it again. :yay: TDK news have been a little slow lately so it's good to be discussing the trailers, plot, twists, etc, again.

Really, the trailer is so exciting I could talk about it and gush over it forever and ever.

24. The Battousai Registered

Due to my analysis thread being merged with this one, I have compiled the important posts for it here. I will re-post these links whenever the need arises in order to keep newcomers informed about our knowledge of TDK.

Points 1 - 11

Points 12 - 31

The link to Point 32 is given at the end of the second link's post as will all new Points that I post here.

--Cameron

:hoboj: :up:

25. peteagassi Registered

Whispers are that the last trailer will debut with 10,000 b.c. on march 7. Can anyone who may have some inside info confirm this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.