Official Thor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just give him a beard and I'll probably buy it to appease my Paul Bunyan complex.

lol Yeah I know lol, JMS has some intresting ideas tho, at least they'll be a look like Lord Thor, Walt's armour, or 1602.
He does say that Don Returns, but, this could be as Thor's own Identity, because it has been confirmed that the Thor in CW4 is Thor, not a copy.
Thor does retain Blakes knowledge of Medical aid, and maybe that's why he was only checking for Hernia's in that line to pick up Mjolnir lol.

Just one question, is this Rune Thor, or just regular Thor. And if it is not Rune Thor where did all the power go and is Odin revived as well?

Well just happy to see this character, among my favourites, coming back.

I'm not sure what his powers are NOW, BUT, JMS has said that he is going to start where Vol 2 ended, so my guess is that if this is just regular Thor, the rest of what happened to his powers will be made clear in his new series.
I'm happy that there's a Thor fan on it. Just a few people have mentioned that JMS doesn't use Mjolnir to often with Thor, and they don't like that.

Not Jake said:
Just give him a beard and I'll probably buy it to appease my Paul Bunyan complex.

I actually loled at that.

Actually, I hope he's a version of the Rune Thor. Maybe not exact, but a variation. As long as they capture the majestic Thunder God (and NOT a hero in tights!!!) I'm cool with it. Thor ISN'T a regular hero, and should not be portrayed as such.

although the idea of asgard floating over the midwest seems stupid and pointless.

Vartha said:
I'm not sure what his powers are NOW, BUT, JMS has said that he is going to start where Vol 2 ended, so my guess is that if this is just regular Thor, the rest of what happened to his powers will be made clear in his new series.
I'm happy that there's a Thor fan on it. Just a few people have mentioned that JMS doesn't use Mjolnir to often with Thor, and they don't like that.
How would they know if he does or doesn't use Mjolnir?

If you had told me this news about a year ago I would've been like, hey great, this is cool.

Nowadays...I dunno.

I'm especially not sure about the premise. Asgard floats above the country in plain sight, forcing gods and mortals to interact? Didn't we just do this?? Yes, it was in New York while this is now in Oklahoma and maybe they can desperately milk some of the more blatant differences in mindset and lifestyle...but come on. At the least, it's not as novel as JMS is trying to make it sound. I just think Dan Jurgens already, brilliantly portrayed the "Asgard on Earth" angle and it's annoying that few people remember this.

I'll check out some issues, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well, Yes they did just do the Asgard above earth thing, but, since ragnarok, there's not much left of Asgard and the nine worlds, and that was ODIN's Asgard.
Since JMS said he'll be starting the series where Vol 2 left off, Rune Thor could remake Asgard anywhere he wants, but this time where there are less people. Does the Inhuman's come to mind? They were on earth isolated, and moved to the moon, JMS doesn't really say what Asgard is going to be could be a shield Heliopad.
I heard a rumor that Don Blake is actually COL. Don Blake of SHIELD! How and why is beyond me, and we'll have to see if it's true.

For those who missed the links on JMS.

According to legend...Baldur is the one to reform Asgard.

According to legend...Baldur is the one to reform Asgard.

Well I guess that's up to Thor. Maybe he trust's Baldur's way of thinking.
I can't wait to see what JMS and Olivier come up with.

Vartha said:
lol Yeah I know lol, JMS has some intresting ideas tho, at least they'll be a look like Lord Thor, Walt's armour, or 1602.
He does say that Don Returns, but, this could be as Thor's own Identity, because it has been confirmed that the Thor in CW4 is Thor, not a copy.
Thor does retain Blakes knowledge of Medical aid, and maybe that's why he was only checking for Hernia's in that line to pick up Mjolnir lol.

Yeahhhhh. Not quite.

Agreed. Whats that over his arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back