WW Chicago: Marvel Edition

PhotoJones

Avenger
Reaction score
I was browsing around, and the news seems to coming pretty quick today. I already created a CAGE! thread, and didn't want to create anymore, so let's try and keep the con news this weekend to this thread.

CAGE!
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=124776

Killraven
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=124804

Cory Walker on Punisher: War Journal (with lots of amazing preview images)
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=124769

Silver Surfer: In Thy Name
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=124772

So... nothing good yet.

So now Punisher is taking on Spidey villains? Well, who needs Punisher Max when you can read about Punisher shooting, but not killing, c-list supervillains?

C'mon, if you're going to post the link, show some Liefeld love. Kirkman and Liefeld........It's like Tchaikovsky writing something for Brittany Spears.

killraven.jpg

Whose idea do you guys think it was for Liefeld to work with Kirkman? Because if I were Kirkman I think I would refuse to do the project until they gave me somebody who was NOT Rob Liefeld to work with.

Really. It's just going to be a waste of paper.

Oh, don't take it too seriously. I (obviously) like to make Liefeld jokes as much as the next guy, but honestly, I would take him over the tracers and painters of modern comics (Yes, I would rather Rob illustrate a comic than Alex Ross.) And what makes you think that Kirkman didn't want to work with Liefeld?

C'mon, if you're going to post the link, show some Liefeld love. Kirkman and Liefeld........It's like Tchaikovsky writing something for Brittany Spears.

killraven.jpg

Hey, a recent Liefield work that doesn't suck total ass.

Whose idea do you guys think it was for Liefeld to work with Kirkman? Because if I were Kirkman I think I would refuse to do the project until they gave me somebody who was NOT Rob Liefeld to work with.

Really. It's just going to be a waste of paper.

Kirkman is a massive fan of Liefeld, probably because he was a big comic fan when Liefeld was really hot property or it's because he's apparently a really great guy.

Anyway, I've said it before but now Liefeld has lost the attitude he really is improving in his art. OK it's really not excellent (and not my cup of tea) but it's leaps and bounds better than his old stuff.

They should team Liefeld with Kirkman over on Ultimate X-Men and complete the suckpounding that Kirkman has started on the title. And hey, maybe Liefeld's art would improve.

That's right. Suckpounding. Look it up.

Its pretty sucky.

I'm not saying that it's good, but it's about f**king time that Liefield has stopped being a f**king parody of himself of drawing nothing but ugly Cable rip-offs with gigantic guns with horrible man boobs.

I swear Rob Liefeld's artwork just brings a wave of nostalgia. I loved Youngblood when it first came out. Really I loved Team Youngblood with the artwork by Chap Yaep. I might not buy it, but Rob always has a place in "my" comic book industry.

Seriously it's not even that bad if you think about it. Sure Liefield sucks most of the time with his art, but there's a difference between bashing Liefield's ugly art and bashing Liefield just because he's Liefield and Liefield bashing is considered "cool."

No one else likes the Cory Walker art? :confused:

Oh God yes. Man I love his stuff. His short but sweet gig on Antman was all kinds of awesome. The main needs more work.

I was getting tired of PWJ too. Not that I don't like the book, but the recent arc has dragged on far too long with Nazi hate monger hate Nazi man.:csad:

Oh God yes. Man I love his stuff. His short but sweet gig on Antman was all kinds of awesome. The main needs more work.

I was getting tired of PWJ too. Not that I don't like the book, but the recent arc has dragged on far too long with Nazi hate monger hate Nazi man.:csad:

I've been really enjoying PWJ, but I agree that the last arc dragged a bit. I'm pretty excited about the Bucky/Frank showdown, but I wish Olivetti could've drawn the issue.

I also wish Walker was 10 times faster than he actually is. These guest pencils he's been doing for Marvel are a tease.

1) Yes, Bucky/Frank looks to be fun.

2) Yeah, but the 'so good I can't help but fall for it' kind of tease.

3) Yes main = man:cmad:

Seriously it's not even that bad if you think about it. Sure Liefield sucks most of the time with his art, but there's a difference between bashing Liefield's ugly art and bashing Liefield just because he's Liefield and Liefield bashing is considered "cool."

I know you weren't addressing me in particular with this post but I'd just like to respond anyway.

I have no opinion about Liefield as a person, I've never met the guy, I just think his art is horrendous. Everything he draws is an ugly disgusting mess.

does anyone have any guesses as to what mark millars secret project with Steve mcniven is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"