The Twelve

It's the principle of the thing. I f***ing hate delays. A week or even a month is one thing, but 3 years puts this series firmly in the "not worth my money" camp. I don't care if no one is necessarily going to see that message from my refusal to buy it. It makes me feel better not to, and that's enough.

That's fair, if I really cared about the series I might feel the same but it's just entertainment, no real investment on my part so I don't mind really.

It's the principle of the thing. I f***ing hate delays. A week or even a month is one thing, but 3 years puts this series firmly in the "not worth my money" camp. I don't care if no one is necessarily going to see that message from my refusal to buy it. It makes me feel better not to, and that's enough.

I think that the JMS/JQ fight didn't help... it probably came back to life once JQ stopped being the EIC...

Yeah! I'm happy it's finally going to be finished. Now, will we ever see All-Star Batman And Robin reach it's conclusion??

Yeah! I'm happy it's finally going to be finished. Now, will we ever see All-Star Batman And Robin reach it's conclusion??

That may be like asking for peace in the Middle East. Small miracles first, man.

I don't know if it's on par with Watchman... Christ... that's quite a statement... let's see if there's a big squid at the end...

:yay:

I am reading the resumed series - which is merely over 3 years late. I got the previous issues and even #0 which was released back in 2009 I think. I may as well finish it out. It isn't a bad story - the extended cast caters to JMS' decompression, and he's free to alter the characters as he chooses. Most of them were vaguely written in the 1930's and 1940's to allow a modern writer a lot of leeway. The problem is by this stage the plot has devolved into a simple murder mystery in which the culprit was obvious even 3 years ago and this isn't a story that it so good that it can overcome 3 years of anticipation.

Frankly, people who want to scratch an itch for golden/pulp age Marvel heroes should check out the oft neglected MYSTERY MEN by David Liss and Patrick Zircher from last year. It's a 5 issue mini series which takes place during the Great Depression - before WWII and thus before heroes such as Captain America, Human Torch or even Phantom Reporter debuted.

It would be cute if Amadeus Cho got to meet Mastermind Excello at some point later on, given the comparisons between the two in INCREDIBLE HERCULES.

I don't see a problem with the murder mystery plot. The Watchmen was the same thing , at its core.

This is tightly woven tale. The Fiery Mask's confession was something very unexpected. The Laugh Mask being accountable for shootings he committed...?? I hope we can indeed see some of these heroes in the modern day stories like Avengers, Daredevil or Cap.

I have heard about this a lot. Now have read from this thread. Sounds interesting..

I'm a pretty big fan of Weston's art.

Welcome to Super Hero Hype, Ellis13 :word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"