OFFICIAL TNA Impact/Wrestling Thread

Socko . . . please don't watch it anymore.

Do it for Joe, Shelley, and Sabin.

6aqczf6.jpg

iiiMCMG.jpg

TNA's office phone number: 615-244-5557

Socko . . . please don't watch it anymore.

Do it for Joe, Shelley, and Sabin.

6aqczf6.jpg

iiiMCMG.jpg

TNA's office phone number: 615-244-5557

You do know that few people in America even have that Nielson box on top of their tv...right? I watch tv, but it doesn't go into the ratings one bit.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/58438/Complete-Congressional-Letter-Sent-to-TNA.htm

Dear Ms. Carter:

We are writing to request information regarding the response of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) to allegations of pervasive use of steroids and other drugs by professional wrestlers. The tragic death of Mr. Chris Benoit and his family has focused attention on the seriousness of the problem. Illegal steroid use in professional sports has gained plenty of attention, but the record suggests that the problem is most pervasive and deadly in pro wrestling, an unregulated form of entertainment that is watched on TV and in arenas by an estimated 20 million fans a week, including children. See e.g., attached USA TODAY investigative report, "High death rate lingers behind fun facade of pro wrestling."

As Chairman and Ranking Member, respectively, of the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection of the Committee on Energy and Commerce, the subcommittee with jurisdiction over sports-related matters, we are monitoring this situation very closely. We request a briefing on this matter at the earliest possible time We also are considering a hearing on this matter, and whether there is a need for Federal regulation to protect the health and safety of the wrestlers. In the 109 th Congress, the Subcommittee held a hearing on "Steroids in Sports: Cheating the System and Gambling Your Health," and reported legislation, H.R. 1862, the Drug Free Sports Act

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. implemented a Talent Wellness Program in February 2006. Please advise the Subcommittee by close of business on August 28, 2007, whether TNA has adopted a similar program. If so, please provide the Subcommittee with a copy of your program, as well as any other relevant records detailing the specifics of the program as well as TNA' s implementation and interpretation thereof. Records include memoranda, correspondence, and electronic communications. Please also describe any and all actions that TNA has taken - either within or outside any such program - to detect and prevent steroid abuse. Information, including the aggregate number of random tests conducted in each month this year, would assist the Subcommittee in its review, and we request that you provide that information, as well. We are sending similar information requests to other wrestling leagues.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us, or have your staff contact Christian Tomatsu Fjeld or Consuela Washington with the Majority Committee staff at (202) 225-2927 or Brian McCullough or Will Carty with the Minority Committee staff at (202) 225-3641.

Sincerely,

Bobby L. Rush
Chairman
Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection

Cliff Stearns
Ranking Member
Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection

Attachment
cc: The Honorable John D. Dingell, Chairman
Committee on Energy and Commerce

The Honorable Joe Barton, Ranking Member
Committee on Energy and Commerce

Credit: PWInsider.com

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/ar...r-consideration-why-fans-should-hate-tna.html

For your consideration…Why fans should hate TNA

First off, let me warn that there might be some SPOILERS lurking in this column. I did read the reports from this week's taping to make sure I didn't write something only to have a show contradict me (like the time I wrote an extensive article on Mister Kennedy's MITB countdown only to watch it get taken away that night). Thankfully, I'm good to go.

Now I am going to work off the assumption that there are a healthy number of people who hate the WWE. Trust me, I know this to be a fact. I get e-mails from these people on a weekly basis. There are major complaints that people have with World Wrestling Entertainment, and I tried in earnest to address those last week. In short, people want more wrestling, people hate John Cena, people are sick of the McMahons, people hate the Boogeyman, people hate Randy Orton, people hate a weak Women's Champion, people hate the lack of surprises, people hate Jim Ross and Michael Cole, people hate Todd Grisham, people hate the Great Khali, people hate Mark Henry, people hate squash matches, people hate bad comedy angles and people hate RAW, Smackdown and ECW. That about sums it up.

Yeah, it's always easy to hate the big guy. Fans (like myself) did it with WCW. I always hated WCW throughout the Monday Night Wars. I felt loyalty to the WWE since that was the company that brought me to the dance, and I firmly believed that there was enough of a wrestling audience for both shows to thrive without going head-to-head. When TNA came to Spike TV, they put them on in a late-night Saturday night slot. That slot didn't compete with any WWE programming, so wrestling fans were more then free to watch all the Jarrett they could handle.

The fact that TNA is still around and kicking is a bit surprising. Few thought that a company that aired exclusively on PPV would last a week, let alone extend their survival long enough to wind up on cable. TNA attempted to position itself as the antithesis of the WWE, which was the smartest move a company could make. Sure, they lured you in with the promise of seeing some of your favorite ex-WCW and ex-WWE guys like Scott Hall and Ken Shamrock, but they hooked you with unique wrestling that you weren't getting from Titan Tower.

TNA in 2007 is by almost all accounts a failure. That's a bold statement, I know, and there is ample evidence to support the opposition, but again I come at these problems using logic and reasoning. TNA's buyrates are downright embarrassing and the company has yet to turn a profit. If TNA wanted to do a PPV that fetched 15,000 buy, they wouldn't need guys like Steiner, Sting and Angle. They could probably grab 15,000 people based on the names Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Abyss. TNA is paying a fortune to have "big names" around, yet those big names have translated into nothing. And what's worse is that TNA is traveling down that same path that WCW took. It amazes me that no one realizes that this is running off the rails here.

Let's start with the problem at the top. The main event at TNA is muddled and blurry and confusing. The fans don't know who to care about from week to week. If TNA was smart (and lets continue the belief that they are not), they would have established Samoa Joe as their top face. The guy is liked by the fans and can deliver in the ring. He's got a unique look and does well on the stick. This should be the face of your company. But the problem here is that TNA doesn't have faith in Samoa Joe. Part of me is conspiratorial and believes that its because Jarrett wants to come back as the top face. Part of me thinks that TNA genuinely doesn't trust Joe to carry the company. What makes me think that? Well, as I said in my Roundtable, if TNA wanted Joe to hold the belt, they wouldn't have done this Karen Angle bull**** storyline. Most of the Net saw the "swerve" coming last week, so TNA effectively telegraphed their main event finish. And just to cement it, they had Abyss go over for the #1 Contender slot.

Kurt Angle is not a comedy act anymore. The WWE learned the hard way about 6 years ago that comedy-heel Angle doesn't draw money. Yeah he's funny and yeah he is willing to debase himself, but at the end of the day that doesn't do anyone any good. Christian is your chicken **** heel. That's his niche. Angle should be the badass. He can be a badass heel. Look at his run against Lesnar. Book Angle as the cocky ******* and you're okay. But this week after week of him crying and *****ing didn't serve any purpose. Sure, it set up the swerve, but they didn't need it. They didn't. Angle/Joe sells itself without the Sports Entertainment. If fans want SE, they would tune into the WWE. I said that this should have been booked more along the lines of Cena/Lashley. There were two guys nowhere near as good as Angle and Joe, yet they got a straight up man up storyline. A cocky Angle versus a determined Joe is a good storyline. Hell, rip off Cena/Hunter from last year. There was your Hollywood slick champion against the gritty underdog. Replicate that. Do that. Now the fans have the images of Angle crying and moaning and that doesn't exactly make him a tough guy. The WWE worked so hard to erase the "You can dance and you can prance but when it comes to relations keep it in your pants" Angle and replace him with the guy that could snap your ankle off if he wanted to. Kurt Angle is a legit badass and he can do cocky heel better then anyone, so why not let him and Joe do a straight-up storyline? Oh yeah…

Jeff Jarrett is worse then Triple H. The fans hate the very sight of Jarrett. Jarrett's not as good in the ring as Triple H. He's not as good on the stick. He's not even as established a superstar as Triple H. To a lot of fans, Jeff Jarrett is the guy that couldn't get past midcard in the WWE and wound up holding the ball in WCW when the bottom fell out. I wish that Jeff would stay behind the scenes. The fans aren't clamoring for him. Hell, there isn't even room for Jarrett on the roster. TNA is gonna have to bump yet another guy to make room for Double J. So here's another example of TNA burying in-house talent to put over someone older who doesn't draw. Kurt Angle occupies the #1 heel slot that Jarrett held. Joe should be the guy occupying the #1 face slot that Jarrett's gonna wind up taking. For months Kurt Angle has been built as the evil heel at the top, and whoever unseats him is going to be a hero in the fans eyes. Unfortunately, that guy riding in on a white horse is going to be holding a guitar. In a company where even Sting is being used in the midcard, maybe its time Jeff realizes that his main event days are over. Speaking of Sting…

Sting is the biggest drain on TNA's resources. Sting is making a fortune. He's a name, yes, but he isn't a big enough name to bring in the fans. I said in the Roundtable that Sting should have been the winner of the Chamber of Horrors 2007 match. Instead they went with Abyss, which I think was a mistake. I think that TNA should have used Sting to be Angle's next big feud. I say this because Sting/Angle would draw enough attention from nostalgia fans and it would leave room for Joe-ference. Sting and Angle are marquise names that can usher in the 2-hour era of TNA. Plus, you can job Sting out to Angle to feed the monster that should rightfully be slaughtered by Joe. Unfortunately, Joe's been screwed over so many times that it's beyond anti-climactic. Now, with Abyss fighting Angle, Sting's gonna do another midcard feud despite not making midcard money. Who would benefit from a Sting feud now? Did Vampiro get a huge bump because of his Sting feud? TNA needs to realize that a guy like this is a drain on their bank account. Plus, if Sting were to pop up in WWE and do one more nostalgia run there, he could secure a place in the Hall of Fame, sign a Legends contract and leave in the spotlight. But TNA isn't using Sting in the main event, they're going with…

Kane…I mean Abyss. Yeah, he's big-ish. Yeah he takes some cool bumps. Problem is, Abyss is Kane. Abyss has been jobbed out so many times that he's kind of a non-entity. Yet, like Kane, TNA thinks that they can keep bringing Abyss up to the main event to be a placeholder. Abyss/Angle doesn't make me want to buy a PPV. It doesn't even make me want to tune in to Impact. Now TNA is going to spend a few weeks making this guy look credible again, which means guys like Christian and James Storm better get ready to do the JOB, which is one letter off from…

Samoa Joe is ****ed. There is no other way to put it. He's got the Lex Luger thing around his neck. He had fan support and then they dropped the ball. Three times! Even WWE isn't that stupid with CM Punk. TNA should have let Angle and Joe do a straight-up storyline and end it with Joe holding all the gold. Now he's their Chris Jericho (though Jericho at least got to be Undisputed Champion) because he's gotten near the top but the powers that be still won't push him that extra inch. What the hell does TNA have to lose? Why not establish ONE homegrown superstar? He better be making a lot of money, that's all I know. With Abyss taking the slot at this PPV and probably Jarrett at the next, Joe's going to just sort of flounder. What else is there? Christian Coalition? Robert Roode? Shark Boy? This is pathetic.

TNA's midcard is screwed. Like I've continued to say, TNA needs a midlevel belt. Now more than ever, TNA needs something for all these big guys to do. You've got Test, Tomko, Roode, Storm, Goldust, Hoyt, Harris, Rhino, Young, Raven and K-Kwik and none of these guys have **** to do. What are they fighting for? ****, even ECW had a TV Title. Give them something to fight for. The X-Division title is fine for the X-Division guys, but no one wants to see Test versus Alex Shelley for the gold. These guys are another drain on the purse strings, and while they make great cannon fodder for the people at the top, the fans need to remember that these folks do win every now and again.

The X-Division cannot go. TNA needs the X-Division to carry the dead weight of this show like WCW needed its cruiserweights. You can't expect us to choke down Abyss versus Bubba Dudley and not give us Daniels/Lethal. TNA, you're going to have 2 hours to kill. Give these guys 20 minutes a show. Hell, give them a whole half hour. Call it the X-Hour, I don't give a ****. Let them do what they do. People like high-flying, and they sure as hell aren't getting it from Scott Steiner. Speaking of that useless pile of ****…

Do SOMETHING with the tag division. The tag division has a lot of fossils who are at the top. You've got the Steiners, the Dudleys, the Outlaws, the Bashams, LAX, Triple X, MCMG, Dutt/Lethal and Serotonin. That's a huge tag division. So why does it feel so stale? Oh yeah, because some of these guys were wrestling for almost 20 years! Look, TNA, I sympathize with you. It's hard to cut a guy like Scott Steiner. He seems like he's a big name. I get it. Unfortunately, he isn't. Sorry. Neither are the Dudleys. Vince cut them for a reason. If he thought there was any money in them, he'd have renewed their contracts. But he didn't. Same for the NAO. Same for the Bashams. The fans realize this, and they're not buying your crap anymore.

So fans, I urge you to hate on TNA. Don't take up arms or anything, just don't buy into their crap anymore. They aren't giving the fans what they want with the talent they have. Instead, they are giving us stupid storylines and pathetic wrestling. We want a viable alternative to the WWE, not WCW.

This has been for your consideration.

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/ar...lity-of-wrestling-joeangle-as-a-metaphor.html

The Reality of Wrestling: Joe/Angle As a Metaphor
By Phil Clark

Joe, get out while you still can

What has happened to this promotion? It did seem that after the first month of Russo's second tenure that TNA could still maintain a good product with Russo at the helm; his first PPV as booker was entertaining and was the highest bought of the three-hour show era. However, in the nine months since, this promotion has managed to dilute a dream feud, pull the plug again with ROH, and lose its very sense of creativity. The buys are going down each month, but nothing seems to change. And with one show that could start the turnaround, they managed to blow it again.

P.C. Says: Joe should be back in ROH after his TNA contract ends

There were other mistakes, but the main-event 'obviously' was the biggest of them all. This was the final opportunity of many for TNA to showcase Samoa Joe as the definitive future of wrestling, and it was pissed away over the same finish that has plagued wrestling for around ten years: The Russo Swerve. What happens is a face will lose the big match to further the feud for the eventual blowoff, which doesn't always even happen in Russo's world. The problem there is that people's careers are put on hold or even sent down a peg just because of one guy's short attention span amongst a group of likeminded individuals. The main reason (I'm guessing) that Jarrett loves the Russo swerve so much (he has used it at least once in every one of his title reigns) is because he has the one thing Angle didn't: a weapon. Weapons are cool for swerves only if they're established and a chair shot ending is just weak these days. Trust me, it would've put over Joe HUGE if Team 3-D and Karen Angle would've interfered because fans like nothing more in wrestling than a face overcoming every possible odd to win a big match. That did work for Steve Austin, remember.

The opening tag seems to be the consensus feel good match of the night as it did show that the X-Division still has talent that can at least put on a good but fun match. In an eerie similarity to WCW, these X-Division matches are being used as the opener for the last two PPVs just like they did for WCW in its final days. I'm not implying anything with that, but for anyone who sees how WCW-ish TNA has gotten these days can't be liking that realization. Still it was a good match and I'm very glad that The Motor City Machine Guns are at least being used as a tag-team. Give the tag division to the X-Division. I said it a while back and I'll say it again.

Did LAX really need a restart to beat VKM? Couldn't they just have stabbed one with a fork, Border Toss another and end it? If you remember back in 2000, VKM -- as The Outlaws -- jobbed the tag belts to what is now Team 3-D in a very quick match clocking in at 5:20 and soon after, they were one of the hottest tag teams on the planet. Did The Outlaws make them stars? Not on your life (Ladder Matches and tables did), but it was very symbolic as is the jobbing of the old in any old v. new themed match. It doesn't have to happen all the time, but it does have to when it's needed to. And that isn't very hard to spot by the way. First meetings are usually a must as they make that first impression on the public (not hard to get huh?). Had LAX came out there, bloodied VKM, and destroyed them with some combination move with the Border Toss ala XXX's finishing sequence, I doubt VKM would lose much in stature as most people's perception of them are never going to change (like Flair). For LAX, it would have definitely made an impression as the guys were the hottest act TNA had in 2006 and people still do remember how cool these guys were just a few months ago. It seems that the only young guy to benefit in this type of match has been Kazarian.

That's exactly how they ****ed up Joe/Angle right out of the gate: the first meeting. In '02, Rock/Brock could've happened a month after Brock won the shot, but they stretched it out a month and got a great buyrate since it was at one of the Big Four. That extra month gave The E a shot to make fans really salavate at the prospect of this match: and it wasn't even a dream match. Joe/Angle has been a dream match since Joe's ROH title reign set the wrestling world on fire back in '04 and they still blew it. Even with the quickness of it, to have Angle win was the absolute wrong move; especially considering it was Angle that made the call to end the match somewhat abruptly after only around fifteen minutes. This is by no means a rip on Angle, but he was in the position as a surprise castoff of The E (ala Luger in '95) to create a new star out of this young promotion. Trust me, a conclusive Joe win back in November would've done that much for his career if not necessarily for TNA. Plus, they could've done things the same way they did with Angle and Joe in each other's faces all the time, but they don't actually face each other in the ring. Three matches: the first could've been in December, second in the cage, and third for the title in Atlanta. Instead, most of the drawing power of the match was lost since Angle was established as the higher of the two with his established stature within the business and that all-important W.

Yes, wins and losses do matter in wrestling. Even if Joe beats Angle for the belt in October (my guess for Atlanta), that won't even make their series even, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who realizes that. And don't say that won't matter since it'll be a title match, this last match was for EVERY TITLE IN THE COMPANY. Sorry, but that is a big deal even if titles don't mean what they used to.

When it comes to Samoa Joe, I do believe that Ring of Honor has more to offer him right now. At this point, TNA has managed to create their promotion's first star of the Spike Era in Joe and job him out in pretty decent time. Whereas if he went back to ROH right now, he would be greeted with open arms and would be inserted in ANY feud that was at the top. And this wouldn't be as gratuitous as that booking move usually is because Joe is to Ring of Honor was Steve Austin or Hulk Hogan is to The E. Period.

The Reality is... TNA is likely where Joe will stay. It is a bigger platform for him to become a star and TNA will always push him in some form. It is likely that he will become the face of TNA by the time November comes around and who knows, maybe TNA could pull a miracle and begin to turn around. Maybe it will all turn out to be a slower than usual process. I, on the other hand, have more faith in Ring of Honor making Joe a star because it was where Joe first gained popularity amongst the wrestling community (and you know it's where TNA first saw him). I'm not saying that ROH's PPVs are going to skyrocket because of Joe or really anybody; ROH is an Indy fed as it should be, but ECW was able to help launch the careers of people while being an Indy promotion. I believe it will have the same effect on Joe especially at this point in his career. Looking at a lot of booking decisions showing how unwilling America's Big Two are to make new stars in recent years (Orton's first push getting ****ed, Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, Michaels' mega push since his return, Hogan coming back and back) because it seems that Japan is beginning to learn their lesson. In recent years, wrestlers like Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Jun Akiyama, Shinjiro Ohtani, Masato Tanaka, and others have suffered somewhat from shortsightedness and poor booking within the company. However, yesterday one of New Japan's 'New Three Musketeers' Hiroshi Tanahashi won his first G-1 Climax -- Japan's biggest singles tournament -- beating New Japan's world champ Yuji Nagata. Nagata ironically was the man who ended Tanahashi's first title reign (a pretty good one) earlier this year setting up a rubber match in October at Sumo Hall. The show itself by reports drew the promotion's biggest legit attendance in the building in years. Nagata, not the biggest draw in his first title reign, now has legend status and thus was able to help Tanahashi in what could've been his star making win despite already being champ once. Good move, and Nagata hopefully will get the rubber match because Nagata/Mutoh would be perfect for the Tokyo Dome in January.

TNA, please smarten up. People are looking for you to succeed by being different from The E. There's the message. I bring up so many references from the past, because I told TNA to learn from it a while back and it just seems that the people within won't do that. Not to get prophetic, but if Joe actually does leave when his contract is up, that very mistake could lead to the end. It happened under Russo's watch once, who's to say it won't happen again?

This week's '**** YOU!' goes to:

MAINSTREAM SPORTS MEDIA
As if Joe/Angle wasn't disheartening enough, Pacman's welcome was no surprise to me. What did TNA think was going to happen? Wrestling fans these days don't care about celebrities that aren't really celebrities. Pacman Jones is a pro football player on suspension for allegedly being involved in a shooting at a strip club in Las Vegas during NBA all-star weekend. Was this the best celebrity these guys could think of? The MLB stars didn't do anything for the promotion, but Wycheck at least fit since it was in Nashville. Mainstream sports media -- ESPN, CBS, etc. -- saw right through this (as they should've), but please DO THE ****ING RESEARCH. To come out and openly say that you don't know about this promotion is not helping. How does that help? Not only that, but it is downright insulting... more so when it happened during the fiasco that was the MMA v. Boxing feud. First off, it's not Ultimate Fighting, it's Mixed Martial-Arts because there's more than one style at work ('dee-dee-dee' to quote Carlos Mencia). Not only that, but it seems that after Liddell/Rampage that nobody on ESPN really cares about MMA, a fact that is particularly sad considering a unification match -- something big in the fight game -- is coming up. Now I know wrestling isn't a real sport and people still think that MMA isn't a sport like Boxing (it is), but the people that have been reporting on these things are better than this; I know they are. Doing the research is part of your job and look like idiots to insiders, which may not mean much, but they are part of the audience too, and they are to their sport and fake sport what you are to all sports.

Not a bad article but he is slightly off when it comes to the Joe/Angle booking.

What would you guys think of Brock in TNA? Personally, they have the talent..just bad booking and not enough time to showcase their talent. A 2-hour show (which probably will happen starting in October) will/should fix this.

http://www.sescoops.com/tna/Brock_Lesnar_In_Talks_With_TNA_Many_Releases_More.shtml

TNA Wrestling is currently in preliminary negotiations with former WWE champion Brock Lesnar.
Kurt Angle is the one who is brokering the deal and bringing the 2 sides together. Angle has a very good relationship with Lesnar and has tried several times to convince him to join TNA.

Dixie Carter has already had one meeting with Lesnar in Nashville to discuss the possibility of working together. Carter made it very clear to Lesnar that she understands Brock's MMA involvement and would be 100% flexable to his schedule. TNA is hoping to get SpikeTV to help pay Lesnar, as they did for the massive contracts given to Kurt Angle and Sting.

Brock Lesnar actually contacted WWE early this year about a 1-time appearance at WrestleMania. He offered to job cleanly to whoever WWE wanted - but he wanted too much money and Vince McMahon was still furious about the way Lesnar left WWE 3 years ago and the back-and-forth lawsuits that followed.

If a deal is made, Lesnar is expected to start with the company this fall, when TNA iMPACT! expands to 2 hours on Thursday nights. This would be a tremendous acquisition for TNA.

Yes because that's what TNA needs another ex-WWE wrestler. Especially one that quit wrestling to play football and quit football to go back to wrestling and then refuse to lose the IWGP title and then went into M.M.A.:whatever:

Yes because that's what TNA needs another ex-WWE wrestler. Especially one that quit wrestling to play football and quit football to go back to wrestling and then refuse to lose the IWGP title and then went into M.M.A.:whatever:

point taken

,,,,the Prog must live on! Like 'Jake the Snake' after his infamous drunk appearance on TNA last year! :o

IMPACT spoilers..........my god, they expect ppl to watch this incoherent crap ?:huh:

The following is from Richard of PWInsider.com:

TNA taped the next two episodes of Impact tonight, leading up to the No Surrender PPV, in Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios Soundstage 21. Complete results of the taping featured:

Impact 8/30

*Team 3D vs. The Motor City Machine Guns was announced, but before it could begin Scott Steiner came out. He tells Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley to get out of the ring. Steiner brawls with Team 3D. He has control of the situation and goes to get a table. Devon attacks Steiner and they nail him with the 3D. Devon grabs several chairs. Ray sets a chair on Steiner's throat, playing off his surgery, and Devon nails it with another chair. Brother Ray said that Steiner would be going back to the hospital. Security comes to the ring to clear it. Security tries to help Steiner to the back. 3D attack security and bring Steiner back into the ring. They set up a table in the ring. They lay out Steiner through it. Steiner does a stretcher job.

*Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin return to the ring. Sabin says that no team can match them for their total sexiness. Shelley says that TNA needs some heroes and they challenge anyone to face them and bump up the ratings. Voodoo Kin Mafia come out...

*The Voodoo Kin Mafia defeated The Motor City Machine Guns in under 90 seconds. Kip James gets the mic and asks if they are any tag teams that want to challenge them. LAX, XXX and Eric Young & Shark Boy all come out. All four rings brawl in the ring. It settles down to LAX and Young/Shark Boy.

*Sting defeated AJ Styles, Christian Cage and Samoa Joe in order to become the new TNA Tag team champion (with Kurt Angle). Samoa Joe had the Samoan dance troupe for his entrance. Before the match started, TNA Everything champion Kurt Angle and Karen Angle came to ringside to watch. Sting forced Styles to tape to the Scorpion Deathlock. Before the finish, Joe was given the Unprettier on the floor by Cage and was out for awhile. Cage and Styles were discussing how to finish off Sting. Cage goes to get a chair but Joe stops him from getting back in the ring and they brawl to the back. Sting is down in the ring. Styles tried to distract the referee as Tomko interferes. Styles only gets a two count. Sting forces Styles to tap.

*After the match, Sting gets his belt from Kurt Angle and Karen raises their hand. The Angles leave. Ron Killings and Pacman Jones attack Sting (well, Killings did) and Jones spraypaints Sting's back. Angle makes the save.

TNA Today or Road to No Surrender Bout (not sure)

*Eric Young & Shark Boy defeated Sonjay Dutt & Petey Williams when Young hit a double death valley driver on Williams.

Impact 9/6

*Tomko defeated Kaz. During the bout, Robert Roode and Traci Brooks come out. Roode tries to interfere but it backfires. Kaz hits a baseball slide on Roode and brawls with him. After the match, Brooks checks on Kaz but Roode yells at her and attacks him. Tomko gets in Roode's face and shoves him to the mat.

*Samoa Joe defeated Raven. AJ Styles comes out with a kendo stick and hits Joe to try and help Raven. Joe chokes out Raven. After the match, Joe pulls Styles into the ring. Tomko hits the ring, followed by Christian Cage. Christian hits Joe with a chair. They handcuff Joe to the ropes. The members of Samoa Joe's dance troupe tried to protect Joe but they were laid out. They hit a One Man Conchairto to one of the dancers while Joe is cuffed to the ropes. Security comes out and they uncuff Joe. Joe grabs a kendo stick and runs off in pursuit of Cage and company.

*Abyss and Jay Lethal defeated TNA Tag Team champions Kurt Angle and Sting in a non-title match when Abyss pinned Angle with the Black Hole Slam. During the match, Karen came to the ring. Angle picked her up and carried her back to the stage. He backed up into Abyss and they began fighting. Abyss had Sting and Angle for a double chokeslam, but Abyss decided to let Sting go. Abyss had Angle set up for a powerslam, but Angle escaped. He hit an Olympic Slam. He went for the Ankle Lock but Abyss escaped and hit the Black Hole Slam for a three count. After the match, Abyss retrieved a bag of something from under the ring. Jim Mitchell comes out and Abyss sees him, then chases Mitchell to the back. Angle is still down in the ring, so Pacman Jones and Ron Killings come out through the crowd and attack Sting, then spraypaint Angle's back.

Xplosion:

*Robert Roode pinned Homicide with a Perfectplex.

*Gail Kim & Chris Harris defeated BG James & Roxxi after Gail pinned Roxxi with a missile dropkick. The women were the showcase of the bout.

The fact that the MCMGs got squashed by VKM makes me want to act violently.

]I'm Interested Inthe [BLACKOUT]GAIL VS ROXXIEpart[/BLACKOUT]:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"