Official UFC Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine this is accurate however I've no link or quote to back me up, however I read on Twitter from one of the MMA websites I follow that he reportedly injured himself in training inside the last week which prevented him from doing alot of the running/cardio that he would normally be doing in the final week in order to make the weight. He apparently cut 20lbs but couldn't make the final 6lbs in time.

Which is fair enough, if hes injured himself & is unable to make weight by 6lbs I'd rather have him healing for a week, forfitting 20% of his purse just to keep the fight going rather than have the fight scrubbed. It's not like hes Anthony Johnson or some other fighter with weight issues, Rampage has never had any other weight cutting problems professionally & while this is a black mark on his otherwise perfect weight record, it's only a first strike.. with a credible defense if it's accurate.

My thoughts exactly. Rampage hates working out and he gets fat, but he always comes prepared and in-shape(ish) for a fight.

Rampage dug his own grave with all the excuses he makes. Sure he's never missed weight, and this is just one occurrence so we should cut him some slack. The problem is that when he's made excuses his whole career he has to expect that people are going to call ******** on them. I know he's sensitive, but that's just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"