Official UFC Thread - Part 8

Just lol at thinking just because he didn’t get under his chin that he didn’t have a legit submission. Khabib clearly could’ve broken his jaw the position he was squeezing in. Khabib completely controlled the fight but he certainly didn’t rag doll Conor like some people said he could have. Conor defended better than most people who end up beneath Khabib, all I’m saying.

2Q4fzRN.jpg

sEV7N4Z.jpg

Yeah, Ferguson is scary. He’s like a better Diaz. Doesn’t seem like he can be knocked out and keeps coming forward. I don’t think Mcgregor could take him either.
He's an animal and doesn't give his opponent any breathing room the whole fight. Would be interested in seeing him fight both of these guys.

Just lol at thinking just because he didn’t get under his chin that he didn’t have a legit submission. Khabib clearly could’ve broken his jaw the position he was squeezing in. Khabib completely controlled the fight but he certainly didn’t rag doll Conor like some people said he could have. Conor defended better than most people who end up beneath Khabib, all I’m saying.
Losing to that hold is the equivalent of losing to the can opener at this point. He didn't tap because he was about to go out, he tapped because he had nothing left, was in pain and couldn't escape, even as it is rather easy to escape. It means Conor was done. Beaten into submission and incapable of going on.

“Rather easy to escape.” Wow. You clearly have no desire to give credit where credit is due, so I won’t bother.

“Rather easy to escape.” Wow. You clearly have no desire to give credit where credit is due, so I won’t bother.
You won't bother because you have no answer. How many high level MMA fighters tap to a neck crank in a rear naked choke position 2018? Go ahead, I'll wait for the long list. Here is the hint, it doesn't happen often. Because to break the hold is all about pain at that point. You aren't being choked out. You need to break the grip and slip out. If Conor wasn't beat up and too physically exhausted not to tap, why did he tap then?

See you want to have two ridiculous narratives at the same time. That Conor wasn't mauled (he was) but then he tapped to a technique that shows just that.

@DarthSkywalker, no offense but you literally no clue what you're talking about in regards to Khabib's submission over Conor. Acting like tapping to that is some sort of discredit, the reason he tapped was because if he didn't tap, he was probably going to be drinking out of a straw for the next 2 months because his jaw would have been broken.

I think you've been watching too many Master Wong videos if you think it's that easy to defend just 'break the grip & slip out', guys that reach championship levels of MMA or grappling don't typically have grips that peel away. The defense to that is not letting him get in the position to do it in the first place.

@DarthSkywalker, no offense but you literally no clue what you're talking about in regards to Khabib's submission over Conor. Acting like tapping to that is some sort of discredit, the reason he tapped was because if he didn't tap, he was probably going to be drinking out of a straw for the next 2 months because his jaw would have been broken.

I think you've been watching too many Master Wong videos if you think it's that easy to defend just 'break the grip & slip out', guys that reach championship levels of MMA or grappling don't typically have grips that peel away. The defense to that is not letting him get in the position to do it in the first place.
How many guys tap to a neck crank, especially as slipping out of the rear naked choke is common in high level MMA? We see it all the time, especially with sweaty and bloody fighters. And then how many guys just apply that version of the hold instead and get the submission? Because it does not require slipping the forearm under the neck and is thus easier to apply. Why even go for the rear naked choke?

Also it wasn't the jaw, it was the neck, as it was a neck crank or a choke with the chin tucked. As you can still choke with the chin tucked, but that is rare.

Also, yes the answer is to not get in that position in the first place, but it isn't like we haven't seen countless dudes escape in championship level matches. But considering Conor was beaten into submission and the only injury Conor caused was to Khabib's brother, maybe the issue was that Conor had nothing for Khabib, who didn't even need to sit on his stool, while Conor was huffing every time he went back to his corner. But lets act like it was close. :o

Last edited:
How many guys tap to a neck crank, especially as slipping out of the rear naked choke is common in high level MMA? We see it all the time, especially with sweaty and bloody fighters. And then how many guys just apply that version of the hold instead and get the submission? Because it does not require slipping the forearm under the neck and is thus easier to apply. Why even go for the rear naked choke?

Also it wasn't the jaw, it was the neck, as it was a neck crank or a choke with the chin tucked. As you can still choke with the chin tucked, but that is rare.

Also, yes the answer is to not get in that position in the first place, but it isn't like we haven't seen countless dudes escape in championship level matches. But considering Conor was beaten into submission and the only injury Conor caused was to Khabib's brother, maybe the issue was that Conor had nothing for Khabib, who didn't even need to sit on his stool, while Conor was huffing every time he went back to his corner. But lets act like it was close. :o

You're making my point for me, you're completely misinformed on the submission entirely & you're statements indicate someone who's never been in such a hold by a novice let alone someone of the grappling prowess of Khabib.. it's actually pretty annoying if I'm honest how ignorant your view on it is. The only time guys (or gals) escape those types of situations at any level is when the person applying the submission makes a mistake eg doesn't keep control of the persons body allowing them to turn into it or doesn't have the energy/strength to put enough pressure to force the submission.

Most of the pressure Khabib put was on Conor's jaw with a side order of a neck crank because he was pulling his head to the side as well. There was no real choke involved even though in the record books that will go down as a rear-naked choke it was a straight jaw crush & part neck crank of which the danger isn't going unconscious, it's mainly causing severe jaw/neck damage.

Volkov didn't get the memo. When you're fighting Lewis and clearly up with 20 seconds to go, just run and hide - don't engage!

Volkov didn't get the memo. When you're fighting Lewis and clearly up with 20 seconds to go, just run and hide - don't engage!

I liked how hilariously honest he was in the interview as well about his skillset & his cardio when asked about a potential title shot. His Instagram is hilarious as well it's pretty much nothing but funny videos & pictures.

Khabib’s post fight celebration of getting it on with Dillon Danis was certainly interesting.

I liked how hilariously honest he was in the interview as well about his skillset & his cardio when asked about a potential title shot. His Instagram is hilarious as well it's pretty much nothing but funny videos & pictures.
Haha, I was crying. Never heard anything like it. :funny:

You're making my point for me, you're completely misinformed on the submission entirely & you're statements indicate someone who's never been in such a hold by a novice let alone someone of the grappling prowess of Khabib.. it's actually pretty annoying if I'm honest how ignorant your view on it is. The only time guys (or gals) escape those types of situations at any level is when the person applying the submission makes a mistake eg doesn't keep control of the persons body allowing them to turn into it or doesn't have the energy/strength to put enough pressure to force the submission.

Most of the pressure Khabib put was on Conor's jaw with a side order of a neck crank because he was pulling his head to the side as well. There was no real choke involved even though in the record books that will go down as a rear-naked choke it was a straight jaw crush & part neck crank of which the danger isn't going unconscious, it's mainly causing severe jaw/neck damage.
You didn't bring up any neck pain until I did and then you call me ignorant. :funny:

Go check out TechMeGrappling Coach Brian explanation for the ending. The issue is the neck, and yes if the chin was tucked, you can choke someone there, even over the chin.

I did find someone whose jaw was broken in a neck crank in the UFC. It was someone who already had a broken jaw.

Last edited:
You didn't bring up any neck pain until I did and then you call me ignorant. :funny:

Go check out TechMeGrappling Coach Brian explanation for the ending. The issue is the neck, and yes if the chin was tucked, you can choke someone there, even over the chin.

I did find someone whose jaw was broken in a neck crank in the UFC. It was someone who already had a broken jaw.

I'm called you ignorant because you were equating the submission to something like tapping to strikes, as if it was some sort of ***** move to tap in that situation & saying things like all he had to do was break his grip & slip out as if it was easy to do.

I don't need to watch a video explanation on the finish mate, I know exactly what happened, he tapped to an over the chin rear-naked 'choke', which isn't as embarrassing as you're trying to make it seem.

I saw a guy a couple of years ago at a local grappling competition get submitted with something extremely similar, a couple of his teeth shattered & when he left he was suspected of having a dislocated/broken jaw his opponent had that tight a squeeze & he didn't tap quick enough.

I'm called you ignorant because you were equating the submission to something like tapping to strikes, as if it was some sort of ***** move to tap in that situation & saying things like all he had to do was break his grip & slip out as if it was easy to do.

I don't need to watch a video explanation on the finish mate, I know exactly what happened, he tapped to an over the chin rear-naked 'choke', which isn't as embarrassing as you're trying to make it seem.

I saw a guy a couple of years ago at a local grappling competition get submitted with something extremely similar, a couple of his teeth shattered & when he left he was suspected of having a dislocated/broken jaw his opponent had that tight a squeeze & he didn't tap quick enough.
He tapped to a neck crank I believe. Pretty sure that is the name of the technique, but I might be wrong.

I have no problem with tapping to strikes. I have no problem tapping to a neck crank, a choke, an arm bar or anything if you don't know how to get out of it. There is nothing easy about avoiding punches from the top, or escaping a choke, or surviving long enough in an arm bar that is fully applied in elite level MMA. But it happens all the time in high level MMA. Is there a risk that you might be injured? Yep. But that hasn't kept others in the past from holding on, trying to escape. Even in your own story, that happened. Conor is someone who acts like he is about that life, that he would die out there, but once a sub is applied, he clearly isn't. So his own persona are why tapping out to a neck crank that quickly is pretty funny. He panics when a submission is fully applied and taps quickly. He didn't even try to escape.

Also, there is this weird theory, and it is has been said in here, that Conor did okay and/or that Conor wasn't dominated or that he has a similar chance to Khabib to win a rematch. I believe you said it. Nothing about that fight showed Conor isn't at a big disadvantage to Khabib. Beyond his striking, Conor's biggest advantage is his general toughness, but his general toughness doesn't really apply to submissions. Khabib beat and wore down Conor so badly, he easily applied a neck crank with a body triangle, and Conor against the cage, tapped very quickly. Conor was beaten into submission. Look at Khabib and Conor at the start of the 4th. After Conor had his "best round", where Khabib decided to stand with him for more then a bit. Khabib went back to his corner, got hyped, and then just overpowered and ruined Conor. Khabib decided to end the fight and it was over.

In a rematch, if Conor doesn't catch Khabib early, we will see a carbon copy of what we saw tonight. Conor didn't get caught and then finished. He got rode and beat up, and then had nothing left to even try and escape the sub. He gave up, completely.

So apparently Danis was being super bigoted during the fight, calling Khabib a ****ing Muslim rat and a lot of other stuff. This explains why Khabib lost his mind right after the fight.

Also, seems Conor now might be in trouble after the video of him sucker punching Khabib's brother has made its way to the NSAC.

Khabib, Conor both facing complaints after brawl

LAS VEGAS -- The Nevada State Athletic Commission will file formal complaints against Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor for their postfight actions at UFC 229 on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena.

NSAC chairman Anthony Marnell told ESPN on Monday the commission is conducting a full investigation into the melee that took place after Nurmagomedov's championship win against McGregor. The investigation includes lengthy film review and interviews with people involved.

The commission elected to hold Nurmagomedov's $2 million paycheck in expectation of filing a complaint. It released McGregor's $3 million payday but now intends to file a complaint against the Irishman as well, after reviewing tape that was not immediately available on fight night.

"We will be filing against Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov," Marnell said. "Because we withheld one purse, we will have to move expeditiously to a complaint and hearing. We have held 100 percent of one of the fighter's money, so the goal is to get the complaints out in the next 24 to 48 hours."

After submitting McGregor (21-4) in the fourth round on Saturday, Nurmagomedov (27-0) leapt over the cage and got into a physical altercation with members of McGregor's corner. At the same time, video captured McGregor throwing a punch at one of Nurmagomedov's teammates, who had entered the Octagon.

A third individual in a red sweatshirt was filmed jumping into the Octagon and punching McGregor as his back was turned. Three individuals were arrested, according to UFC president Dana White, but were released when McGregor declined to press charges.

Marnell said the commission is looking into measures to punish those individuals, despite McGregor's decision not to pursue charges.

"There are a lot of things here," Marnell said. "There are a lot of charges that can be brought against a spectator who came over the barricade, through the commission section and into the Octagon to strike a fighter three times. For the record, I have a massive problem with that. That cannot happen.

"We're taking a really hard look at that gentleman. We know exactly who he is and where he is. I have to let the attorney general determine -- is that trespassing, disturbing the peace? That was a serious action and it deserves a serious consequence."

Nurmagomedov publicly apologized to the commission on Saturday. He is facing a possible fine and suspension. White said on Saturday if Nurmagomedov is out for an extended amount of time, the UFC would consider stripping him of his title.

"Both," said Marnell, when asked whether Nurmagomedov is facing a fine or suspension. "It's always both. We could do one or the other, but at least in the chair's mind, I think the commission will be entertaining a recommendation from the attorney general that will include both."

The NSAC's next commission hearing is scheduled for Oct. 24, but Marnell said there is "zero chance" complaints against McGregor and Nurmagomedov would be heard then. Marnell said the goal is to hold disciplinary hearings no later than the end of the November.

"This is a serious issue, this is not a light issue," Marnell said. "This isn't, 'We smacked each other in the face in a hotel lobby the week of a fight.' This is the night of the event, and it needs to stay inside that field of combat. There are serious regulations and statutes about what took place, and the consequences have to match the actions."

Last edited:
"****ing Muslim rat." Clearly promotion. Only animal thugs would react to this... I wonder why Khabib's brother didn't bow and say "thank you" to Conor after the punch?

He tapped to a neck crank I believe. Pretty sure that is the name of the technique, but I might be wrong.

I have no problem with tapping to strikes. I have no problem tapping to a neck crank, a choke, an arm bar or anything if you don't know how to get out of it. There is nothing easy about avoiding punches from the top, or escaping a choke, or surviving long enough in an arm bar that is fully applied in elite level MMA. But it happens all the time in high level MMA. Is there a risk that you might be injured? Yep. But that hasn't kept others in the past from holding on, trying to escape. Even in your own story, that happened. Conor is someone who acts like he is about that life, that he would die out there, but once a sub is applied, he clearly isn't. So his own persona are why tapping out to a neck crank that quickly is pretty funny. He panics when a submission is fully applied and taps quickly. He didn't even try to escape.

Also, there is this weird theory, and it is has been said in here, that Conor did okay and/or that Conor wasn't dominated or that he has a similar chance to Khabib to win a rematch. I believe you said it. Nothing about that fight showed Conor isn't at a big disadvantage to Khabib. Beyond his striking, Conor's biggest advantage is his general toughness, but his general toughness doesn't really apply to submissions. Khabib beat and wore down Conor so badly, he easily applied a neck crank with a body triangle, and Conor against the cage, tapped very quickly. Conor was beaten into submission. Look at Khabib and Conor at the start of the 4th. After Conor had his "best round", where Khabib decided to stand with him for more then a bit. Khabib went back to his corner, got hyped, and then just overpowered and ruined Conor. Khabib decided to end the fight and it was over.

In a rematch, if Conor doesn't catch Khabib early, we will see a carbon copy of what we saw tonight. Conor didn't get caught and then finished. He got rode and beat up, and then had nothing left to even try and escape the sub. He gave up, completely.

It just depends who you ask, I've heard those types of things called jaw crushers, neck cranks, rear-naked chokes & I'm sure there are other names for them as well. The reality is it's a bit of everything, typically the pressure & pain of those types of submissions is mostly the jaw, but who know's, I'm sure his neck wasn't feeling too good either with him pulling his head to the side you'd have to ask McGregor.

The guy I saw get injured didn't try valiantly to escape or hold on for dear life, he was caught in the hold for about 5 seconds & the injury/damage was done, which is in & around the same amount of time McGregor was in the hold before he tapped. You don't get a bravery medal for refusing to tap or holding on for a couple of seconds more when you are about to get ****ed up from a submission hold, they hand out stupidity medals though with a complimentary hospital trip. Again though what you're saying is highly ignorant, you said that he 'tapped out very quickly', he was in the hold for about 5 seconds against a world class grappler who's squeeze is probably like an industrial vise grip combined with flawless technique.. it's literally crazy that you seem to think that, that's a quick tap.

Conor has the same chance of winning a rematch as he did this fight. It's literally grappler vs striker, Khabib's biggest strength, is Conor's weakness & Khabib's weakness is Conor's strength. The rivalry parallels so much with Couture & Liddell IMO. They could fight 10 more times & you could get 5 Khabib maulings & 5 McGregor KO's, it literally comes down to who can impose their strength on the opponent. Typically though if I was betting, I'd bet on the grappler winning as I did on Saturday night with Khabib for the simple fact that the longer a fight goes on the less chance the striker has of finishing a grappler with a single punch.. and that is definitely the case with McGregor as much like Chuck, he's got 2 rounds to get you out of there otherwise he's going to be in trouble.

So apparently Danis was being super bigoted during the fight, calling Khabib a ****ing Muslim rat and a lot of other stuff. This explains why Khabib lost his mind right after the fight.

Also, seems Conor now might be in trouble after the video of him sucker punching Khabib's brother has made its way to the NSAC.

Khabib, Conor both facing complaints after brawl

Pretty disgusting if that turns out to be true, with all the fans with smart phones, cameras & boom mics around the cage & teams this won't be hard to get footage of at all.

That being said it still doesn't make Khabib's actions anymore right or wrong.

Haha, awesome. I didn’t realise these guys fought their matches so close together (unlike boxing). Thought they’d need more recovery time. He might need time to work on his ‘cardio’ too, lol.

Haha, awesome. I didn’t realise these guys fought their matches so close together (unlike boxing). Thought they’d need more recovery time. He might need time to work on his ‘cardio’ too, lol.
This is unusual. This are hotshoting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"