Official UFC Thread - Part 8

The better Usman's hands get, the more exciting and dangerous he becomes. I used to think wrestling with him was suicide but at this point, it might be the better option as opposed to getting knocked out...

Did anyone watch Izzy vs Jan? I have not yet.

Did anyone watch Izzy vs Jan? I have not yet.

No not yet, I've hardly watched or been following any combat sports these last 6 months or so. The last MMA fight I can remember watching was Khabib/Gaethje & the only boxing bout I saw was a replay of the Warrington/Lara fight that happened last month.

Having no crowds at MMA/Boxing events annoys me a lot more than it does any other sport.

Anyone going to watch Masvidal vs Usman 2 tonight? Expect anything different from either one?

The better Usman's hands get, the more exciting and dangerous he becomes. I used to think wrestling with him was suicide but at this point, it might be the better option as opposed to getting knocked out...

I think Jorge wanted to take heed to that advice, but clearly Usman is on another level. Hanging around with Francis and Justin probably doesn't hurt either.

Big respect not only to him but Valentina and Rose as well. Rose is cute as a button, but a fighter through and through, hopefully she can handle holding the strap this time. And Valentina just keeps dominating. It's sad because she'll always be at a disadvantage physically against Amanda, but no other woman I think comes even close to beating her, she's simply too strong for them...

Crazy to think that the only other contenders out there for Usman right now are guys he's already beaten with Colby Covington and Leon Edwards.

Anyone in on tonight's event? I always like Derrick Lewis fight, especially when he wins and gets to say some hilariously ridiculous stuff on the mic afterwards.

Nick Diaz hasn't fought in 6 years in a fight in which he mostly got slapped about by Anderson Silva for 5 rounds & hasn't won a fight in 10 years, yet he apparently thinks he is basically too good to fight Robbie Lawler & should have walked into a WW title shot against Usman on his return..

giphy.gif

Sad to see Nick Diaz like that, didn't look like he was in the sort of condition he normally is, didn't look like he wanted any part of Robbie Lawler once he started getting hit & literally quit in the cage when Lawler offered him the chance to get back to his feet.

Makes me wonder what his motivations for fighting again were/are, does he need the money? or is he hungry to get back in there for a few scraps.

Never been the biggest Nick (or Nate) Diaz fan, but I definitely don't like seeing fighters in the cage/ring that just give off the body language that they don't want to be in there.

Sad to hear about Stephan Bonnar.

Considering what was happening with him before, I fear he might've been suffering from CTE. I don't know that he was. I'm not a doctor, but it seemed like things were off with him beforehand.

I have similar concerns about Diego Sanchez as well.

45 damn, way too young. RIP :csad:

The handling of the HW division has been a joke for years. Why change now?

I thought Khabib didn't do drink or drugs? He must do to first of all name 20 names in a top 15 & then also to rank them in that order.

If you let him list a top 30 he'd probably have the rest of his non-fighting family & friends included on the list as well.

That UFC "BMF" title is the most useless conception ever, if they wanted to make it a thing for effectively those fighters that for whatever reason are just beneath the official champion status/level, they should hold tournament style competition with fans getting to vote or have their say on who gets entry & hold it every 2 or 3 years.

I don't know if they'd be allowed to do it in the same capacity as some of the original UFC events & WWE King of The Ring were there's multiple fights in a single night incase someone gets hurt & is unable to continue. If they staggered the fights over a period of months any drop outs could be replaced by the next highest voted fighter.

That makes more sense to me than what it currently is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"