Comics Official ULTIMATE X-MEN Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt said:
Is it me or does Ultimate X-men kinda suck since Millar left? :-/
I've liked all the writers, though i do like Millar best.

I think it's dragging a bit, but there's always an arc that will pick things back up. Can't always have big arcs like Millar had.

Atleast Ultimate X-Men doesn't suffer from what 616 Spider-Man has been suffering from...stories that not only suck/boring but also damage a lot of the characters in the process.

The problem with Ult. X-Men as of late are the stories just don't seem to be going anywhere. You don't really get that sense of "importance".

USM has gone through a slight phase of that, too. Silver Sable and Deadpool arcs seemed like complete fillers until the moment we've all been waiting for (in different ways and some more than others) -- Ultimate Clone Saga. :up:

When will the X-Men meet Ultimate Apocalypse? Something on that scale would be exciting. A lot more exciting than ANOTHER fight with the Ultimates/Magneto.:(

MattXG said:
Atleast Ultimate X-Men doesn't suffer from what 616 Spider-Man has been suffering from...stories that not only suck/boring but also damage a lot of the characters in the process.

The problem with Ult. X-Men as of late are the stories just don't seem to be going anywhere. You don't really get that sense of "importance".

USM has gone through a slight phase of that, too. Silver Sable and Deadpool arcs seemed like complete fillers until the moment we've all been waiting for (in different ways and some more than others) -- Ultimate Clone Saga. :up:

When will the X-Men meet Ultimate Apocalypse? Something on that scale would be exciting. A lot more exciting than ANOTHER fight with the Ultimates/Magneto.:(
to tell ya the truth I think we wont be seeing Apocalypse until #100, because like you said the clone saga is USM's big story arc for issue 100 it only makes sense that they keep an Apocalypse arc until issue 100.

I wonder how long before the 616 time-traveling/AOA mutants(Bishop, Cable, Blink, etc) show up in the Ultimate Universe and whether they switch up their history.

I think Blink made a cameo already back in that arc when Beast was killed.

Well, when I say cameo I really mean "I think someone mentioned her name and showed her on a video screen".

Ohhh wait. Now that I think about it, I think this happened in the whole Mojoworld arc. Didn't Mojo say she died before Longshot went on the island? I could be completely wrong, but I know shes been mentioned. Anyone remember if it was the Longshot arc?

I should rephrase my comment though. I meant that I wonder if they'll introduce time travelling/AOA characters we care about. With our luck, we'll get Ultimate....Sugarman. I'd kill to see Ultimate Abyss.

- Asked for hints as to what's coming up in Ultimate X-Men, Barber gave perhaps the worst, most obtuse tease ever in the history of comic convention panels, and replied, "it won't be getting digital satellite anytime soon." Barber's comment even took Quesada aback, who asked the associate editor to explain just what the heck he was talking about. Trying to make up for his comment, Barber offered up one word: "Cable."

http://www.newsarama.com/WWPhilly06/Marvel/XMenpanel/WWPhilXMen.html

Joaqenix said:
Well, when I say cameo I really mean "I think someone mentioned her name and showed her on a video screen".

Ohhh wait. Now that I think about it, I think this happened in the whole Mojoworld arc. Didn't Mojo say she died before Longshot went on the island? I could be completely wrong, but I know shes been mentioned. Anyone remember if it was the Longshot arc?

yeah she was apparently the mutant in the first episode. kinda sad that she's already dead in the ultimate universe. she was a cool character. i bet they'll bring her back as well as beast. sabretooth survived getting his head chopped off, so anything is possible.

If they Bring Hank back, I hope it's only to kill him again. Dumb bastard.

how the bad place are they going to explain cable? i thought the ultimateverse was more grounded in reality!

He could just not be a time traveller. Maybe Scott knocks Jean up and they use an age-accelerator?

or maybe it has something to do with the phoenix god. and i wouldn't be surprised if cable is a woman. like they merge cable and rachel together.

Cover to Ultimate X-Men #75:

UltimateX-Men75.jpg

Ultimate X-Men #75 will see the debut of the Ultimate version of Cable by Robert Kirkman and Ben Oliver. Barber explained that the Ultimate version of Cable will be very different from his Marvel Universe version, and his appearance and influence will move the team of mutants in a new direction. A possibility of an Ultimate Bishop was mentioned, but it was said that there were no current plans for a version of the character.

I actually don't mind that look, but I'm interested to see how tehy handle the chracter, and how this will lead into Singer's run.

that cover looks cool. it just looks like 616 cable with scars. i bet the techno organic virus will be introduced.

they said they were thinking bout ultimate bishop but i guess they forgot bendis introduced him already.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic (real shocker there), but...

Why am I not so enthused that 1) there's going to be an Ultimate Cable, and 2) he's being introduced by Kirkman?

Then again, perhaps I should thank my lucky stars that an actual character is being introduced, and Ultimate X-Men will not be turning into Ultimate Original Characters.

I thought Oliver was done after this arc. :(

Cover looks bad though, I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"