Comics Official X-FACTOR Discussion Thread

How can you kill a guy who can always adapt? That's why I never understood why he was killed off on First Class. In the comics I think it was one of those "just kidding" deals, where one writer killed him and another dusted him off.
Cut his head off? I havent read enough of his appearances from X-factor to know his limits but Id imagine he'd have limits that if pushed to the extreme, the could fail on him. Even without that, there are any number of means within the MU, where mutants have had their powers suppressed

Two weeks really, per the last page of today's issue. :(

M is with Darwin now. I swear these X-Men pairings are getting more and more random.
I thought Toad and Husk was weird I shudder to think who they will pair up next.

i don't know if I buy the whole PAD explanation of Shatterstar and Longshot. Did he even mention or go into the whole Shatterstar/Benjamin Russel thread that was started in X-Force way back when? Shatterstar may in fact be half human and a mutant with some kind of energy manipulation abilities.

XFACT2005262-DC11-LR-e220b.jpg

XFACT2005262-int-LR-1-6598e.jpg

XFACT2005262-int-LR-2-c5dba.jpg

XFACT2005262-int-LR-3-549bf.jpg

X-FACTOR #262
PETER DAVID (W) • NEIL EDWARDS (A)
Cover by DAVID YARDIN
The end of X-Factor!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

What the heck happened with Siryn? She's a goddess now?

She's the Morrigan. She's also an actual Banshe without being an actual spirit. Much to my shame I'm not up on this particilar legend. But she appears as a crow which suggested may be a Goddess of war as a crow landed on the shoulder of the warrior Cú Chulainn on his death. Don't know if the Banshe and Mór Ríoghain were one in the same but sure legends are altered.

What the heck happened with Siryn? She's a goddess now?

Like Lee said, she's a new Morrigan/Banshee. She fought the last one in a story arc awhile ago, and then later after Lorna was going insane after learning learning she was responsible for her parents' deaths, she asked Morrigan for help, but she couldn't because Lorna didn't believe in her. The only way for Siryn to help her was to take the title of Morrigan from her by killing her since she was tired of being a goddess, which Siryn did, and that's how she got the powers.

Ugh. I don't like that much. I'm not sure leaving her like that is what's best for the character. Same as I'm fairly certain leaving Longshot and Shatterstar as each others' fathers and sons did them any favors. And Strong Guy as the lord of Death or Hell or something?

David's run started great early on, but I can't help but to feel that he should have left the book years ago.

Good riddans to an overrated book. I came back for the final arc and was left underwhelmed and unimpressed. That's the best he could do with this? The final issues were overall on the boring side. I did not like what was done with the characters either

Ugh. I don't like that much. I'm not sure leaving her like that is what's best for the character. Same as I'm fairly certain leaving Longshot and Shatterstar as each others' fathers and sons did them any favors. And Strong Guy as the lord of Death or Hell or something?

David's run started great early on, but I can't help but to feel that he should have left the book years ago.

Bite your tongue! I agree the finale was underwhelming and PAD left about half the characters in some weird places and a future writer is gonna have to get creative to use them again.

Loved this book in its entirety and CANNOT wait to see what PAD's gonna jump on next :D

I loved the book through Messiah Complex. It was up and down after that (though I'll admit when he was up he was WAY up). But for me, the book stopped being enjoyable once Madrox and Layla returned from the future. I'd love to see someone else's take on the book.

As for me, I'm hoping for another PAD Spider-Man 2099 book during the Marvel NOW wave 2.

And nice Gladiator Avatar :up:

I want him on that new X-Factor book he hinted at with Polaris ASAP

Thanks, easily my fav superhero.

hopefully no one follows up on that. Lorna needs to finally return to the X-men, preferably in the new series that debuted with the other women. Either that or in Uncanny alongside Magneto. It would be interesting to see them on a lineup together

Thanks, easily my fav superhero.

I always kinda liked him but War of Kings made me a fan. My favorite scene was in War of Kings 6 when Gladiator's holding the staff and the people are chanting him as their leader).

I'm stoked actually. I had my own War of Kings hardcover bound from individual comics and am waiting for it to come in later this week.

Together in one volume:

Illuminati 5
Secret Invasion: Inhumans 1-4
Secret Invasion: War of Kings one-shot
War of Kings: Darkhawk 1-2
War of Kings: Warriors (Blastaar story)
War of Kings: Ascension 1-4
War of Kings 1-6
War of Kings: Who Will Rule?

And I splice Ascension into WoK so that the two stories play out together, culminating with the Darkhawk/Talon and Blackbolt/Vulcan battles going back and forth.

I loved everything having to do with the Inhumans, Shi'ar, and Darkhawk, but felt the X-Men, Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Skaar stories were distractions from the main plot (though I loved the X-Men and Nova stories separately). So I made a volume with the core story how I like it.

err... and now we bring you back to your regularly scheduled X-Factor conversation.

^I'm still waiting for Vulcan to come back. I miss Gabe :o

hopefully no one follows up on that. Lorna needs to finally return to the X-men, preferably in the new series that debuted with the other women. Either that or in Uncanny alongside Magneto. It would be interesting to see them on a lineup together

Ideally, I'd want all the X-Factor people folded back into the main X-world/books but like I said PAD has left a lot of them(Guido, Darwin, and Lorna especially) in some hard places to write them out of.

One of the big wigs said that Vulcan was definitely returning soon. They listed a few options as to where without giving it away. I forget what they were exactly but I know Uncanny Avengers was one of them. I think the others were All New X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, and New Avengers.

I gave up on the book after 2 or 3 issues. That might get me to pick it back up though.

Dun, dun, DUNNNNNNNNNN:

1381430830.jpg

Though the final issue of Marvel Comics' "X-Factor" recently landed in stores, the ending was one which was so open-ended, it's no surprise that acclaimed writer Peter David is set for another turn with the team that he's helmed in a number of incarnations.

With "X-Factor" #262, David brought his saga of X-Factor Investigations -- Jamie Madrox's motley crew of mutant detectives -- to a close, with Madrox and his wife Layla Miller set for a happy ending and wedded bliss after going through a Hell on Earth war, surviving futuristic mutant concentration camps, demonic possession and strange private investigator cases. Although Monet, Guido Carosella (previously Strong Guy, presently the new lord of Hell), Darwin, Banshee, Longshot and Rictor all got a chance to have their "X-Factor" arcs come to a close in the issue's leading up to the finale, it was Polaris' spotlight -- "X-Factor" #260 -- that left the series open to a continuation. And now, David, along with artist Carmine Di Giandomenico, is set to pick things up from that thread with "All-New X-Factor," a new series launching as a part of All-New Marvel NOW! announced at New York Comic Con 2013.

"It picks up sort of directly after X-Factor #260," Peter David told CBR about the series. "I dropped some reasonably obvious hints in that one as to what direction we were going."

So far, the corporate-sponsored team consists of Polaris and her half-brother Quicksilver, plus an intriguing wildcard who just saw his own solo series come to a close: The kinetically-charged Cajun, Gambit.

"I see him as something of a cynic, particularly in so far as Pietro is concerned," David said of the mutant thief. "He doesn't trust anything Pietro says or does, which is either completely unfair or else totally reasonable, depending on your point of view."

However, just because Polaris, Quicksilver and Gambit are the only confirmed members of the team so far doesn't mean the team's roster will be limited to them.

"Just because we've only announced three members doesn't mean the team is staying at that number," said David. "Over the first six issues, we will be bringing on three more members of the team."

That said, the writer was quick to mention that the newer members will be "no one you'd expect." One thing is for certain, though -- certain previous X-Factor members are off the table for now. During the writer's appearance in a recent X-POSITION to discuss the end of "X-Factor," he mentioned that some of the team's roster have been spoken for.

"Someone is already making plans with Guido," David said in September. "And I read somewhere that someone's already snapped up Monet."

The writer also noted that it's unlikely that he'll bring back Madrox or Layla in his next project. "At the moment, I'm happy to leave them as they are," he said during X-POSITION. "I mean, I could easily write a book about their adventures on the farm, but it would likely bore the hell out of everyone except me."

Previous incarnations of David's X-Factor have had varying mission statements and settings -- his first was the government-sponsored mutant team with a roster that included Havok, Strong Guy, Madrox, Wolfsbane, Polaris and Quicksilver; the second centered on Madrox building X-Factor Investigations, a privately-run P.I. firm -- and "All-New X-Factor" once again puts a different spin on the constantly changing mutant team. Polaris' X-Factor has a corporate sponsorship, as company Serval Industries is backing the team and providing them with whatever they might need. It's a superhero team on retainer, if you will, which gives the team a fair amount of autonomy from the rest of the mutant groups populating the X-Universe. Although readers hadn't have heard of Serval until the company's mention in "X-Factor" #260, David made it clear that the trusted electronics, internet and weapons technology company has a large place in the Marvel U.

"They're a bit more of a modern take [on a company] in that they're into a vast variety of things," David explained. "I'm sort of making them a cross between Stark Industries and Google in that they are a weapons maker, but also run an Internet search engine that's made them a ton of money. So they are heavily into corporate expansion, and X-Factor is one of the things they expand into.

"Let's be honest: most teams exist for the purpose of fighting bad guys," he continued. "X-Factor, on the other hand, exists to serve the needs and requirements of Serval Industries. So that can wind up propelling them into some very unusual situations -- situations that they're not always comfortable with."

Polaris is stepping into a leadership role for "All-New X-Factor," and while it's not the first time she's had to take the helm of a group, recent character developments have left her slightly unbalanced -- specifically her attempt at suicide by cop in "X-Factor" #260 which resulted in her fighting with Quicksilver and landing in jail, where Serval made her an offer to get the band back together, so to speak. David said Polaris' fragile mental state might end up being an issue, and will certainly lead readers to question her qualifications.

"Well, she's kind of nuts, so that can serve as a problem," he said. "You will find yourself wondering whether she was chosen as the leader because they genuinely believe she's qualified, or because Serval was convinced that her delicate psychological nature would make it easier to control her."

Regardless, David is certainly set to extend his legacy with X-Factor. Asked about if "All-New X-Factor" is an evolution of the work he's done with the book so far rather than just a continuation, the writer had only one response:

"Can't it be both?"

"All-New X-Factor" #1 hits stores in January as a part of All-New Marvel NOW!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48406

Adds to the "to Buy" list. :D Thanks, Specs!

EDIT: Even better that Peter David is staying on! :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"