Comics Official X-FACTOR Discussion Thread

ANXFACT001_Cover.jpg

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #1 & 2
PETER DAVID (W) CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO (A)
CoverS by JARED FLETCHER
ISSUE #1 –
Variant Cover by Salvador Larroca
Sketch Variant by Salvador Larroca
Young Variant by Skottie Young
Blank Cover Also Available
ISSUE #2 –
Variant Cover by J. Scott Campbell
“NOT BRAND X” Parts 1 & 2
X-FACTOR IS BACK…LIKE NEVER BEFORE! Serval Industries, one of the world’s most trusted names in electronics and leader in cutting-edge internet and weapons technology, has just unveiled their newest contribution to society…the All-New X-Factor. Led by mutant mistress of magnetism, Polaris, the team uses its corporate backing for the betterment of society. With her half-brother Quicksilver, notorious thief, Gambit, and more by her side, can Polaris trust that her corporate masters really have good intentions?
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

New team member revealed:

1383586786.jpg

Yep, that's Danger on the far right. I'm excited for what PAD could do with her.

Not digging Gambit's shades. Makes him look too much like Cyke. :(

Me. too. She's always been a favorite. Nice to see the team is a bit diversified. :)

Those shades hark back to X-Treme when they all wore the computerize shades I think Prodigy had a pair too. Loving that Danger is back I missed her.

I hate that writers keep trying to make Danger happen and she on the cover in sexy pose is disturbing

I care about exactly half of this team. Danger, Doug and Warlock bore me to tears. I'l check the book out though. See if there's any truth to the saying "there're no bad characters, only bad writers".

PAD can make anyone look good. I have confidence in his writing. :)

Where do people keep getting Cypher and Warlock from? I've seen nothing about it on Newsarama or CBR.

I hate that writers keep trying to make Danger happen and she on the cover in sexy pose is disturbing
Yes, because sexy robots/cyborgs/androids/etc have NEVER been done before in fiction, except a lot. :cwink:

Okay? Not getting the point of your response

You called her "sexy pose" disturbing. I'm not seeing what's disturbing about it.

Yes I did. I never said anything about other metallic based beings in fiction. So what? That doesn't mean I cant find that image disturbing. Danger is not a sex symbol, nor has she been portrayed as such. I'll chalk this up to Larocca's interpretation for this cover and hope that PAD isn't going to start writing her as such within the pages of this book. To have her suddenly be as such would seem odd considering her previous portrayal. There's no need to "sex" her up.

The more I look at the other 2 the more I think Doug and Warlock anyway I'm a bit iffy on the costumes but at least both male and female are covered equally as not is always the case. They all look skin tight and the artists in the cover pic for issue 1 shows that. Glad of a bit of balance I have to say.

instead of Doug and Warlock..how about Wither and Elixir

Haha, you know Marvel doesnt give a damn about them

I think Elixir killed him in Necrosha, not that that would matter

That's such a weird pose for Danger. I mean, has Danger EVER been "feminized/sexualized"? I mean, it's hardly that bad, but I could never picture Danger posing like that.

Also, I miss Elixir. :'(

ANXF_Cover_03.final.jpg

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #3
PETER DAVID (W) • CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA & JARED FLETCHER
Variant Cover by TBD
"Not Brand X"
• The All-New X-Factor is meant to help people...
• But one of their own has a secret.
• Hint: It's Gambit.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"