Days of Future Past Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Images Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like a fat Wolverine version of the same character, lol

If its for The Wolverine, fine... but would be funny if Wolverine in one of the alternate realities is fat :D€

I'm sorry...but where do you see an ounce of fat??

so, are they in the future or have they already ungraded the lower levels of the mansion(with the metal walls) in the 70's

I think they are in the future and I don't think thats the 70s Wolverine.

But that picture is quite confusing to understand.

That looks like the past, or at least the quote indicates it is the 70s, so Wolverine is either the time traveler or its a 70s Wolverine. But more importantly, how come Beast isn't blue and fury?

I like the theory that wolverine gets killed in the future and the time traveler, kitty or whoever tells the 70s xmen that they will be needing all the help in stopping the assassination or whatever the mission is and they find the 70s wolverine which is that pic of wolverine in the sub levels

The caption says "Welcome to 1973" though :huh:

I already explained this in the other thread that, the outfits they are wearing are for the 1973 setting, but the backdrop is not since they could be only doing test shots. Or the time travel takes place in the subbasement. 1 moment they are in the subbasement and the next, they are in 1973.

I already explained this in the other thread that, the outfits they are wearing are for the 1973 setting, but the backdrop is not since they could be only doing test shots. Or the time travel takes place in the subbasement. 1 moment they are in the subbasement and the next, they are in 1973.

I don't think it makes sense for the time travel to be in the subbasement, or at least with that picture because that is definitely a 1973 Hank McCoy. It could be a test shot, but I think the subbasement is the 1973 set. If Xavier built Cerebro in the mansion, which seems like a possibility, why wouldn't he update the subbasement too?

bk4vaaiciaamb5bjpglarge.jpg

thecrapwemissed05211767.jpg

I don't think it makes sense for the time travel to be in the subbasement, or at least with that picture because that is definitely a 1973 Hank McCoy. It could be a test shot, but I think the subbasement is the 1973 set. If Xavier built Cerebro in the mansion, which seems like a possibility, why wouldn't he update the subbasement too?

I think it would just be odd if the 1973 Subbasement has the same look with the subbasement of the original trilogy. Like I imagined it would look different. Its the 70s, they could definitely do more with the design.

Well maybe Bryan Singer wants the subbasement to resemble the one In OT since beast and Mystique are looking like they did at OT.

I agree that the OT subbasement looks a tad weird in the 70s, but I think that this movie is going to be full of nods like this. Plus, we've only seen the corridor, the actual insides of Cerebro might look quite different and not as high tech.

Well maybe Bryan Singer wants the subbasement to resemble the one In OT since beast and Mystique are looking like they did at OT.

LOL then thats a funny reason.

The subbasement should have a 70s look, not a futuristic look even if the subbasement was created by the production designer in the late 90, it still looks futuristic in this decade.

I think it would be just a missed opportunity not to embrace the 70s look or the vintage look especially when you have the First Class cast wearing dated-looking clothes but when they go home to X-Mansion and chill at the subbasement and do their X-Men thing, they are suddenly in a futuristic-looking room.

Last edited:
Setpic and video from Journal de Montreal and tv station TVA Nouvelles (June 4, 2013) at the Hotel de Ville in Montreal.
http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/artsetspectacles/general/archives/2013/06/20130604-111242.html
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/06/04/le-tournage-se-transporte-a-lhotel-de-ville

Pic of filming at Saint-Joseph-de-la-Rive that took place in June where no actors were reportedly on set. However, there was one stuntman present and they filmed a helicopter flying over a moving (Trask Industries) train courtesy of Le Soleil.

Much more pics, video and report are available here and here.

Attachments

• 702157.jpg
    702157.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Montreal filming.jpg
    Montreal filming.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Cool find, retro!!!

let me watch.... but... is that Mystique double and Michael Fassbender, the man with glasses?

Liking the Trask Industries cargo.

Cool find, retro!!!

let me watch.... but... is that Mystique double and Michael Fassbender, the man with glasses?

It appears to be a Mystique double, but I don't believe that's Fassbender. Fassbender's hair is shorter and a different color.

maybe Fassbender double too.

Loving that there is a train sequence, and with Trask Industries stuff!!! :wow:

what if we get sentinels prototype on the 70's too? :wow:

oh man, this movie can be bigger than I thought, lol

Yeah, I'm very curious to see how they plan to connect the events of 1973, and Trask Industries, with the dystopian future.

It would be cool if they could two types of Sentinels for both periods.
Cool find, retro!!!

Thanks.

Not sure about the man in the glasses but i do believe the man we see from the back (with the hat on) is Newton Thomas Siegel, Bryan Singer's DP.

LOL then thats a funny reason.

The subbasement should have a 70s look, not a futuristic look even if the subbasement was created by the production designer in the late 90, it still looks futuristic in this decade.

I think it would be just a missed opportunity not to embrace the 70s look or the vintage look especially when you have the First Class cast wearing dated-looking clothes but when they go home to X-Mansion and chill at the subbasement and do their X-Men thing, they are suddenly in a futuristic-looking room.

Well it had to be built somewhen, no reason it couldn't have been that way since the 70's.

They want to connect the films together.

As for sentinles In 1973 let's remember there has to be reason Sentinles are threat In
future and not used In OT.

there will probably be an early form of sentinal in the 70s, like maybe mastermold

it will probably be explained why there was no sentinals during the OT

infact lets be honest... i'm willing to bet we will see a sentinal in some form in the end battle, and yes people will say but thats not like the comics but when have these films been that loyal? singer basically takes the product and does his own thing with it

there will probably be an early form of sentinal in the 70s, like maybe mastermold

it will probably be explained why there was no sentinals during the OT

infact lets be honest... i'm willing to bet we will see a sentinal in some form in the end battle, and yes people will say but thats not like the comics but when have these films been that loyal? singer basically takes the product and does his own thing with it

I was thinking that the final battle would involve Sentinels, especially if it turns out that Xavier, Hank, Logan, Magneto, and Mystique are all on the same side.:whatever:

I was thinking that the final battle would involve Sentinels, especially if it turns out that Xavier, Hank, Logan, Magneto, and Mystique are all on the same side.:whatever:

I doudt that will happen.DOFP will have film versions of 3 core ideas most likely

1:Dark future with sentinles
2:Time travel to attempt to prevent future
3:A version of Brotherhood tries to assassinate a human and what passes as
early X-Men have to stop them

It's already been said there will be things from original comic In film version.

with sentinles the most I could see Is early protype of sentinles used In 1973.
Maybe It Is unleashed when brotherhood attacks.

Maybe the sentinles In future come out because antimutant humans take Trask's designs and upgrade them with present X-Men world technolgy.That's the most logicil reason to work In Sentinles and explan way there were never used In OT.

Also If film cuts back and forth between 1973 and future you could have final battle aganst sentinles In future intercit with Brotherhood's attempt to assassinate Trask most likely,assuming he replaces Kelly as Brotherhood's target.

Also If film cuts back and forth between 1973 and future you could have final battle aganst sentinles In future intercit with Brotherhood's attempt to assassinate Trask most likely,assuming he replaces Kelly as Brotherhood's target.

Which is actually something that I would prefer to see. I don't think the film will feature much more than one or two epic scale battles between mutants and sentinels and I want them all to happen in the future with the OT mutants plus Bishop, Blink, Warpath and whoever else is with them.

Watching them fight the sentinels inter cut with the FC team trying to stop magneto assassinating whoever he assassinates would be much better and cooler to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"