Comics Official YOUNG X-MEN Discussion Thread

Just read the issue.
Ink is in a coma, Dust is alive. It'd be a happy ending if this wasn't the final issue and Dust becomes evil in the distant future.

Hopefully people will conveniently forget that bit or find a way around that future, even if it means bringing back Ink for a bit.

im sure the rest of the kids on this book will eventually wind up as fodder for death in X-force

I thought it was interesting when Anole leaned up against the 4th wall a little when he said the students are all just cannon fodder.

did he? wow. prophetic much? or a nice way for the writer to take a dig at editors as well as kyle and yost before being shown the door

Exact quote:

"But we're not. We're not even X-Men-in-training. We're... we're cannon fodder. This is why I didn't want to come back. Us? The junior team? The Young X-Men? All we do--the only thing we do--is die."

wow...damn.

the thing is though...even if he wasn't on a team...he is still destined to die...ala Surge and Hellion who werent on teams

so Ink, Cipher, and Graymalkin had better watch their backs. They have now become targets for 'shocking' disposals at later dates. That is if anyone remembers them after this series ends.

Mondo and Gaia and Penance and Artie and Leech are still around from GenX

but they r now reaching further back for their kills...Boom Boom? I guess Skids is up for a shot in the head next. hmmmm. i wonder if that mutant lobster is still around.

If anyone's going to be forgotten, it'll be Cipher. Her powers, past, and personality allow future editors to say "she's still there. You just can't see her, like how she's secretly been there the whole time." And that'll be that. And if a writer ever comes along that remembers her, they can make her "up to speed" on everything with no explanation.

I think we kinda actually need someone like her. We need a Kitty Pryde on the team.

Kitty's gonna be pissed when she comes back.

"YOU REPLACED ME?!"
"No, no. No one can replace you, Kitty."
"She has my exact powers!"
"Don't be absurd. She can also turn invisible and is harder to detect telepathically. Team her up with Logan, and she'll be twice the ninja you ever were."

Now I just had a little thought: Logan's Angels. Between Kitty, Jubilee, Hisako, and Megan, you can literally start a team with all of the teenage girls that creepy 100 year old man has mentored.

All Logan needs is one megaphone and is all perfect.

Kitty's gonna be pissed when she comes back.

"YOU REPLACED ME?!"
"No, no. No one can replace you, Kitty."
"She has my exact powers!"
"Don't be absurd. She can also turn invisible and is harder to detect telepathically. Team her up with Logan, and she'll be twice the ninja you ever were."

LMAO....as Kitty goes to join Nightcrawler in depressed-ville

So is anyone sincerely upset by this being "ended"?

And I'm sure we all know what "ended" means right?

So is anyone sincerely upset by this being "ended"?

And I'm sure we all know what "ended" means right?
"Canceled"? I expressed myself a few pages back. I liked this book. I didn't want it to end. Relaunching New X-Men into Young X-Men ultimately hurt the sales numbers, since the book didn't even sell this low back when Weir & DeFilippis were writing.

The Neo are back? Didnt they all get slaughtered except Domina?

Just for the hell of it, I've gone back to read (well, skim through) the first few issues, now knowing that Cipher was supposed to have been there the whole time. I gotta say, the way Guggenheim wrote Blindfold's dialogue makes a lot more sense if you imagine Cipher is standing next to her the whole time. I didn't realize how many times Blindfold said "we" and "she" at seemingly random times (ie. when Blindfold and Ink raided Dani's cabin, Blindfold told Ink "We'll be right behind you"). When Graymalkin was talking to himself in the beginning, I assumed he was communicating with Blindfold telepathically, but I just noticed that the first time we ever saw him talk to himself was shortly after Ink knocked Blindfold out.

Some sad things worth noting about #5. There was a "coming soon" page that I forgot all about, and it showed:
-The Y-Men (done)
-Magik (never happened)
-Spider-Man (never happened)
-Douglock (never happened)

so then..Cipher was there when wolfcub was killed and could have possibly helped save him?

According to Cyclops, she's been hanging around the X-Men since before Jean died, so she's kinda been sitting around and watching everyone die for years without helping.

In her defense, I don't think Cipher can phase other people with her like Kitty can. She didn't have any problem giving Dani an invisible sucker-punch when they raided her cabin (she thought Dani was going to shoot Blindfold), but she didn't try to grab Blindfold or anything after Ink knocked her out. Also, despite wanting Graymalkin to hide in the shadows throughout the first arc, she didn't exactly turn him invisible or phase him anywhere with her. Heck, there was a moment when they were about to fight Pierce where Graymalkin expressed his confusion about phasing.

Though that's still no excuse for not phasing through Pierce and causing him to malfunction. We saw that she does the same electric systems breakdown thing that Kitty does when she phases through stuff.

I will admit, however, that if I'm right and she's can't spread her invisibility and phasing to anyone she's touching, then it's a great way to keep her from being overpowered. It's kinda bad enough that she can't be detected by sight, heat, telepathy, or mutant scanners, can pass through all solid objects, and can apparently control who hears her when she talks. If she could make an entire team do the same by holding hands, I'd be done with her.

According to Cyclops, she's been hanging around the X-Men since before Jean died, so she's kinda been sitting around and watching everyone die for years without helping.

In her defense, I don't think Cipher can phase other people with her like Kitty can. She didn't have any problem giving Dani an invisible sucker-punch when they raided her cabin (she thought Dani was going to shoot Blindfold), but she didn't try to grab Blindfold or anything after Ink knocked her out. Also, despite wanting Graymalkin to hide in the shadows throughout the first arc, she didn't exactly turn him invisible or phase him anywhere with her. Heck, there was a moment when they were about to fight Pierce where Graymalkin expressed his confusion about phasing.

Though that's still no excuse for not phasing through Pierce and causing him to malfunction. We saw that she does the same electric systems breakdown thing that Kitty does when she phases through stuff.

I will admit, however, that if I'm right and she's can't spread her invisibility and phasing to anyone she's touching, then it's a great way to keep her from being overpowered. It's kinda bad enough that she can't be detected by sight, heat, telepathy, or mutant scanners, can pass through all solid objects, and can apparently control who hears her when she talks. If she could make an entire team do the same by holding hands, I'd be done with her.

perhaps SHE is the author's self insertion that you was warning everyone about then

It's plausible that Marc Guggenheim views himself as a black girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back