Sequels The official YOUNG X-MEN Spin-off thread

I hate to burst everyones bubble here but i truely believe the young x-men movie that they're planning to make will be a prequel and revolve around teenaged/early 20's cyclops, jean, storm, gambit, beast, etc. Thats why a young scott and young gambit are in the wolverine movie cuz they're gonna also use it as a base to spin young x-men off of. If successful it can turn into a whole other x-men trilogy since theres alota storylines that could have happened in the previous 10 years before what happens in x1. (think about it - thats why they signed Taylor Kitsch to do 3 movies and trust me none of them aint gonna be x4 cuz there not gonna have the same guy also play a 30+ year old gambit as a 20 year old one)

Taylor Kitsch won't play a 20 years old Gambit, he is 27, so he fits more with a 30 years Gambit. He surely won't be in this spin-off.

And why not X4? is as difficult as X3 was, so if they want it, they can do it, they have two or three years to do it yet, so... why not?

Regardless of how old Kitsch really is he's gonna be playing a 20 year old gambit in the wolverine movie. So it would be really dumb to turn around and also use the same actor to play a 35 year old gambit in x4

I think its unlikely they are carrying these actors (who are appearing as cameos) over for X-4... maybe using them for a young X-Men movie would be a good fit. Gambit in Young X-Men could potentially work though he obviously shouldn't be part of the team by the end. He's a good wild card character being that Wolverine is out of the picture. And this Cylops rumor (in Wolverine) is a big head scratcher to me personally and it will only be relevant if they use that actor for this spinoff if it is to happen. I think Sabertooth and Mystique need to be in a young X-Men movie as well... meaning they need Schrieber back. The young mutants should be Mystique, Jean, Cyclops, Storm, and Gambit. Beast and Sabertooth for the veteran mutant presence. And of course the rivalry building between the young Xavier and Magneto. That's all we need IMO.

Regardless of how old Kitsch really is he's gonna be playing a 20 year old gambit in the wolverine movie. So it would be really dumb to turn around and also use the same actor to play a 35 year old gambit in x4

why dumb?

I think it makes perfect sense. The actor will be older in X4, so he can play an older Gambit.

Look then at Hugh Jackman, who now is playing Logan supposedly 15-17 years before X1. So theoretically, Logan can't look older in his spin-off than in X1, true? but is how it's going to be, hehe, Hugh is older now. So it won't be unrealistic.

But this won't be the case of Taylor as Gambit.

At the most there might be like a 3 year gap between young x-men coming out and x4 coming out so Kitsch wouldnt look any different at all. The same actor always playing Logan is irrelavant cuz Logan doesnt age. But ya it is dumb cuz its like having halle berry still play storm in young x-men as a 18-20 year old, or marsden play cyclops still, or famke play jean still, and so on and so on.

You know if a young X-Men movie deals with younger versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, etc. I would love to see that!
Schwartz arrogant comments kind of turned me off though!

If they use a younger Storm for the spinoff... they'll recast her again for X-4... Beast they can probably use the same actor (whoever plays in the SPinoff that is)... it is no where near believable using a teen for a role and then ask the same actor to play a 35-40 year old like three years later... it will be totally unbelievable no matter how much makeup they use. Cylops probably won't be back so don't even worry about him... and Jean is dead... so realistically its just one major role that needs to be recasted... with Xavier and Magneto... they will probably sign guys in their 30's or 40's so those guys can probably be players in X-4 with the right makeup... but asking a 23 year old actor to lay a 36 year old 3 years later is unrealistic. But since I think X-4 is still eight years away at least... I think Kitsch could play the younger gambit now and the older gambit in about four or five years if he matures properly... they can grey is hair selectively and easily add some wrinkles here and there.

I think none has thought they would use the same young actors to sustitue Halle, James, Patrick, etc in X4, that hasn't any sense, hehe.

And about the possible release year of X4, I see it this way:

• May 2009: Wolverine release

In the first month they will already know if the movie succeed or not, and could decide what to do next, if a Wolverine sequel, the young x-men spin-off.... or X4.

I think Wolverine won't be success as big as X3, so they could decide to do X4.

• Some months after May, 2009: Fox signed a new writer to do the X4 script. Maybe they signed a director before, or at the same time, I don't know.
  • June 2010: start of X4 production. Five or six months of shooting.
  • May 2011: X4 worldwide release.

Call me crazy, but it can happen, definetly.

We'll know something since June of next year.

Now, we'll have to wait.

I don't like the idea of a prequel using younger versions of the core X-Men.

I feel like the X-Men movies were prequels in themselves...we always had an incomplete, inexperienced team and then by X3 we should have started to really take off but alas it ended abruptly.

I don't want to see anymore of Magneto and the Brotherhood, they had their run and it's time for something new. If they make a movie like this it should involve Xavier rescuing Scott from the orphanage ran by Mr. Sinister or Storm from the Shadow King.

I agree in that we've had enough of Magneto (at least for now). But rather than a prequel, I'd much rather a sequel which instead focuses on the consequences of X-Men 3. With the cure widely available and blatant mutant terrorist activities, there's bound to be public pressure for all mutants to be 'cured' of the X-gene 'disease'. It would be a nice little analogy on 'cultural assimilation', which is a very relevant issue in today's shrinking world. As for the villains, I'd suggest a human one; say the Purifiers who're determined to eradicate all mutants, even if it means by deadly force for those who refuse to take the cure.

not so much...

i vote that we get a two part movie free of magneto. and find out that the jean in x3 was actually the goblyn queen. so then the real jean comes back and it introduces sinister. we also get to see her rising from the lake. and then theres all kinds of cool stuff they could use, like the mutant massacre, apocalypse, the hellfire club, and the sentinels...it would be awesome!

I don't like the idea of a prequel using younger versions of the core X-Men.

I feel like the X-Men movies were prequels in themselves...we always had an incomplete, inexperienced team and then by X3 we should have started to really take off but alas it ended abruptly.

I don't want to see anymore of Magneto and the Brotherhood, they had their run and it's time for something new. If they make a movie like this it should involve Xavier rescuing Scott from the orphanage ran by Mr. Sinister or Storm from the Shadow King.

I sort of feel the same way to.

If they are going with the younger prequel (featuring the core members) then one option is to say the X-Men was a much bigger team before, but maybe something divided and seperated them (except for Cyclops, Jean and Storm, who stayed). Kind of like how Beast was an early member of the team, but we didn't find out until X3? IDK...this wouldn't follow the comic history at all, but they've already messed with a lot of it.

I can't believe they want to forget the great cast they already have, Ellen Page, Ben, Anna, Kelsey, Halle, Patrick, etc, etc. They should seize these actors, at least for the last time.

And apart, guys, what do you think about the possible planning of X4 that I posted?

I can't believe they want to forget the great cast they already have, Ellen Page, Ben, Anna, Kelsey, Halle, Patrick, etc, etc. They should seize these actors, at least for the last time.

And apart, guys, what do you think about the possible planning of X4 that I posted?

You are living in fantasy island... no joke. First of all there is no public demand for X-men sequels... will we see a new trilogy eventually? Probably... but it will be a reboot or revamp with a NEW cast entirely... accept that. Marvel has too many projects lines up. Yes Fox works independently of Marvel... but this young X-Men spinoff looks very appealing as of now. I still don't expect to see that until 2012 (And no X-4 in the mean time). Because if they shove massive comic tentpoles with other Marvel projects its just bad business in the long run. A May 2011 release is a bad idea because Marvel has already locked up the first weekend with Captain America and HP seven is due out 2/3 weeks later. No one cares about X-4 right now except the bitter fan boys myself included. But Fox stinks at making these movies so I am in no rush really.

We'll only know how this spin-off movies will be accepted or not by the general public when they be released.

Fox will realised team movies is what will give them more money.

Firstly, in May next year we'll know if Wolverine ends as succesfull as X3.

The cast is too expensive at this point, and I recall someone mentioning that the cast budget for X3 was out of control.

I have a feeling Ellen Page wouldn't want to do another X-film, if she had the choice. I don't know the full deal on their contracts, but at some point (maybe 3 years?) the options for many of the newer X3 cast members will expire. After that, I really doubt Fox will try to pull everyone together.

We'll only know how this spin-off movies will be accepted or not by the general public when they be released.

Fox has realiZED that team movies cost too much money and spinoffs can be done on a 50-100 million dollar budget if done right. Wolverine will be a hit regardless... its the only Marvel comic book film coming out next year. I think Fox knows what's going to sell here.

It doesn't have to be as successful as The Last Stand in order to be more profitable because X-Men Origins: Wolverine is already less costly.

I have news on the New X-Men movie. so i am giving this news to you since I cannot post news here.

yeah well it looks like Mr. Josh Schwartz has been booted or simply replaced . and Marc Guggenheim's in .
marcgug.jpg

video.

http://www.spacecast.com/wvx/2008/05/elis_stone.wvx

"I am a big fan of 'soft' Science Fiction- movies like Run Lola Run, Sliding Doors, and The Prestige. There have been a few attempts to translate soft sf into tv- Journeyman, Pushing Daisies, and New Amsterdam. You could even argue that Lost is a further example of the genre. Some have even suggested that The West Wing was an alternate world were a Democrat was elected instead of a Republican...

Last year a new show called Eli Stone debuted, and while it isn't obvious, I think it's a soft SF show. While the tv blurb made it sound as if it was another show about lawyers, I recognized the name of one of the creators- Marc Guggenheim. Marc wrote a Wolverine comic book illustrated by Howard Chaykin, and he's currently writing Young X-Men. Marc co-created Eli Stone, and is one of the writers and Executive Producers of the show.

Eli Stone is a lawyer, but he has an inoperable brain tumour, and he has strange visions (the most memorable of these include singer George Michael!), and we soon realize that Eli could be a modern day prophet.

Today ABC announced that despite low ratings Eli Stone will return for a second season!
I'm thrilled for Marc, and the season one cliffhanger left a lot on the table (as it were), I'm glad to see that the show was renewed.

I interviewed Marc a few weeks ago at the New York Comic Con, and I asked him about the very 'genre' feel of the show."
from here
http://www.spacecast.com/spaceblog.aspx

source:REPORT BY MARK ASKWITH, brought to you by Me zenith16 formerly the reporter of Mutatis Mutandis http://www.mutanthigh.com/ and the massager forum http://mutanthigh.com/smf/index.php

The X-Men comic and all things x-Men and mutants References and the video from hyper space weekly.

I just hope it's is a true x-men film and not to show case wolverine over shadowing again.

So we fans a can actually call it a x-Men film. with out half the fandom both comic and movie goers knowing and saying it's a wolverine film. it's kind put things in mess since doing that.

Now that their actually going the right way with using comic book writers ala sin city(along side the director) lets hope they get this right.

Please let them get things right.

Discussions in session.

From Wikipedia:

He will be launching a new Marvel comicbook the Young X-Men in April 2008.

He is writing the comic, not movie :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"