Sequels The official YOUNG X-MEN Spin-off thread

Exploding Boy said:
M is Monet St. Croix.

superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, invulnerability and intelligence, night vision, hearing, healing factor, low-level telepathy, flight
Thanks for filling me in

Its sounds like M is the female version of Superman. :down

lordofthenerds said:
Its sounds like M is the female version of Superman. :down
Wasn't that Ms. Marvel? I thought I read somewhere that she was created to compete with DC's Superman.

I thought Ms. Marvel was made to have more female heros but i could be wrong.

And she sounds like the female Superman but shes alot weaker then him. she has alot of attributes but they are fairly low-level.

i would like to see jubilee

i was gutted they cut her musem scene out of the xmen film :down

yeah she is relly one of the few mutants that i could care less if she was in a xmen movie, and would be incredibley dissapointed in the studio's if they made it..

what would be about...?

basically your only plot is saved by the bell h.s. drama and her friends find out she is a mutant freak, and now she is the "dweb" as she would put it..

no jubilee anything but bit player in an xmen movie

Maybe we will see her im the Wolvie spin off, since she they have a bond.

yeah i am not huge on her being featured in a movie haha, but yeah if she is in a movie that would be cool with me

I would want an next gen x-men team to consist of:

Beast (leader)
Angel
Ice Man
Collossus
Rogue
Kitty Pryde
Psyloc
Gambit

Any group of young mutants is fine with me. I really dont want to see X-23 though.

What I have seen X-23 hasn't really been that impressive, but it would be treading on Wolverine territory. So I really wouldn't count on seeing her onscreen anytime soon.

Wow - she looks a lot older now. I wouldn't mind seeing her as a young Jean again.

Someone mentioned M. I wouldn't mind seeing her, or Husk, or Chamber, or Skin...or the entire GenX team *loved that series* :p

yes, I was surprised with her change too, but well, she did X3 three years ago, so it's normal, hehe.

Here is another pic:

holy crap! she looks at least 5 years older, and thats a minimum! she would be great as jean again!

was she signed to a two movie contract as well?

M is Monet St. Croix.

superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, invulnerability and intelligence, night vision, hearing, healing factor, low-level telepathy, flight

talk about over doin the power list! ive never come across in my comics, but im pretty sure i could never like her...just too many powers.

Wow! Talk about being resurrected from the dead! 2006?! Anyway, I think a 'young X-Men' spin-off featuring the new generation of X-Men (New X-Men) could work. This is due to the presence of X-23, who is quite literally a female clone of Wolverine which potentially add some of the 'Wolverine factor' to the spin-off's attractiveness in the public's eye.

Anyway, I had suggested my personal picks in another thread. Just thought I'd copy+paste it here, along with the direction I'd have liked the movie to have gone in. My picks are at the bottom of the quote:

Of course, it it was my call, I would go a completely different direction by making it a sequel of sorts (as opposed to prequel). It would go something like this:

Set after the events of X-Men 3, the presence of the 'cure' has increased human-mutant tensions with the public now convinced more than ever that the X-gene mutation is a disease which ought to be cured. Enter Matthew Risman, an anti-mutant zealot who leads a group known as the Purifiers. It is his belief that the cure is a miracle by God, an opportunity to repent for the mutant/sinners and that those who refuse it are the Devil's agents. Hence, it is his belief that the remaining mutants need to be exterminated.

In these dark times, the X-Men have become the focus of the anti-mutant sentiment. Fearing that the school, and thus the children would be in danger with their presence, the main X-Men team now operate from elsewhere in hopes of diverting the dangers away from the school. Meanwhile, Storm (can be replaced by another character) has taken the role as headmistress at the Xavier Institute. She hires Emma Frost, the sole telepath strong enough to use Cerebro after Prof. Xavier's death, to help locate new mutants. However, this move proves problematic as Frost was a Magneto supporter who thus influences the students to take a more 'proactive' stance against mutant haters.

As the movie progresses, Storm and Frost come to loggerheads over a particular group of troublemaker mutants due to their opposing philosophies. Meanwhile, Risman and his Purifiers carry on their crusade, finding their next target in the children of the Institute.

As for who the central characters, my pick for the team is as follows:

Julian Keller/Hellion
: A charismatic, self-absorbed mutant with the power of telekinesis. He's the 'leader' simply because he's the most goal-oriented. Has an antisocial streak and swayed towards Frost's world view. He and his group are generally seen as troublemakers/ rebels by the rest of the student body.

David Alleyne/Prodigy: An outsider to the group. Hellion's roommate with the power to steal other people's skills. Rational and attempts to keep Hellion's group from jumping into the deep end.

Noriko Ashida/Surge
: An impulsive Japanese mutant with the power to absorb and discharge electricity. More reckless than Hellion.

Sooraya Qadir/Dust: A quiet Sunni mutant with the power to turn into sand. Afraid to speak her mind. Part of Hellion's group simply because they are the most receptive whilst she is ostracized by others due to her clothing.

Laura Kinney/X-23: A 'lone wolf' mutant with claws and a healing factor. Described as Wolverine's 'sister'. Has bloodlust issues which make people around her nervous.

Victor Borkowski/Anole: Wisecracking but fiercely loyal mutant with a reptilian appearance and the powers of camouflage and limb regeneration. Hellion's confidante. Panics easily.

talk about over doin the power list! ive never come across in my comics, but im pretty sure i could never like her...just too many powers.

It all ties into who she is as a person. She thinks she's perfect, and holds herself at a higher status than others...and she has good reason to :p

I think the studio is trying to see if a X-Men film w/o Wolverine would sell...

I hate to burst everyones bubble here but i truely believe the young x-men movie that they're planning to make will be a prequel and revolve around teenaged/early 20's cyclops, jean, storm, gambit, beast, etc. Thats why a young scott and young gambit are in the wolverine movie cuz they're gonna also use it as a base to spin young x-men off of. If successful it can turn into a whole other x-men trilogy since theres alota storylines that could have happened in the previous 10 years before what happens in x1. (think about it - thats why they signed Taylor Kitsch to do 3 movies and trust me none of them aint gonna be x4 cuz there not gonna have the same guy also play a 30+ year old gambit as a 20 year old one)

That's what I think (and hope) will happen. Cyclops and Gambit are two characters that really have no place in a Wolverine origin film. I can't help but to think they're setting these characters up for something greater down the line (aka an X-Men team prequel). It wouldn't go with the correct history of the comics, but they haven't been following that since X1.

However, there's a timeline inconsistency here. If I'm not mistaken, the Wolverine movie takes place seventeen years before the first X-Men movie. Taking James Marsden's age as an estimate (he was 27 in the first X-Men movie), Scott Summers would be about 10 years old in the Wolverine movie. I dunno; something about this whole situation sounds weird to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"