Superman Returns Ok, have you come around to accepting Routh now or not?

boyscouT said:

Yeah, and what does this thread NOt have to do with SR?

Just what do peoople think about Routh now, that is all.

Once again, I never wanted the guy from SV, nor have I ever been anything but a reasonable well behaved member.

Please read what the thread is about and respond apropriately, or simply refrain. thankyou.

I'll admit to bashing him but now changing my mind. Well maybe not now but I knew when BS was brought on board and started talking alot about the Donner films that he knew what he was doing. So I guess I was put more at ease when listening to BS talk about the Routh and what he wanted in a Supes picture.

Zilleraut #66 said:
I'll admit to bashing him but now changing my mind. Well maybe not now but I knew when BS was brought on board and started talking alot about the Donner films that he knew what he was doing. So I guess I was put more at ease when listening to BS talk about the Routh and what he wanted in a Supes picture.

Thank you. For posting something that belongs in this thread.

Honestly, I'm not going to jump on the Routh bandwagon that people will be jumping on. By that I mean I'm not going to act like I never had any doubts, I did and I can say that honestly. When the first image of Routh came out in the suit I groaned....he just didn't look like Superman to me.

I wasn't going to knock his acting skills...because I never seen him act, LOOKS wise he just wasn't convincing. Over the past few months with trailers, other images, ect...I must say my opinion changed. Routh went from being some guy in a Halloween costume to BEING Superman.

What helped change my mind was Bale and Routh standing side by side at the MTV movie awards, for the first time it "clicked" with me, I was seeing Batman and Superman.

The newest trailer should put any doubts to rest, as much as I love Smallville (I know, most of you guys hate it. I don't, sue me.) Routh IS movieverse Supes and I'm glad they went with him.

Now if I could just get past this kid issue. :p

I've been optomistic about Routh and his acting since the start of his casting. Pics show he looks the part and footage shows he delivers as Supes. Will he be great? Only seeing the movie will tell. But for now he his Superman to me, the Superman of our generation. He knows the the character and cares about him, he's proud to be apart of the Superman legacy. From positive reviews we see they liked his acting and he gave all he's got to be Clark/Superman, he was labled perfect. Will he exceed Chris's performance? Who knows, but by the looks of it he did a ****ing SUPER Job for the role. Bring on June 28th!

From the sounds of the reviews (even the bad ones who critisize him say he is chanelling Reeve, not just imitating him but channeling him) it looks like Routh has done as good as can be expected.

I don't think it is possible to ever surpass Reeves performance, only live up to it.

He was just too perfect, and you can not beat perfection.

And it sounds like Routh is nearly, or completely, on par with Reeve.

I think this stands true even for diffrent interpritations of the character too. Even if you do it differently, you can still only be as good as Reeve was, no better.

IMO that is

I always liked Routh for the role. He looked a lot like Reeve, and that initially sold me on him. The stills didn't help at first because there were some very bad stills released at the beginning. However, after I saw some footage of him and saw him on the tv spots and trailers I was further convinced he was definitely the man for the part.

couldnt this thread have waited until the movie is officially released and when the majority have seen it?

yeah, that might be a better idea you have there.

What does it matter really? The same people are going to say the same thing before or after the movies release.

i have come to accept Routh as the guy who will play Superman , but he isn't superman to me , just the guy playing him. When i see routh i don't see the man of steel just an actor playing him.

It was different when Chris did it cause i never saw chris i only saw superman

Routh is earnest, attractive and likeable, whether that translates into him being a good actor or at least good enough to pull off a convincing Superman still remains a question, at least to me. The few clips I've seen and heard so far leave a lot to be desired. In particular, the way he speaks, those deliberate, hesitant, and self-conscious affectations when he delivers his lines. He seems a little uneasy and the acting shows, which it shouldn't. Chris Reeve seemed more at ease and natural. That seems to be the big difference. I'm sure Roth can pull off the serious non-verbal action but when speaks he's less convincing, IMO.

I originally wanted another guy who was winning polls left and right before casting.....now though I've come to like what I've seen from this kid Routh. I've got some faith in the guy, and I'll make my final sentiment be known next week.

Or it could just continue untill then . . . no, that would be too simple.

Well, wouldn't the poll results be too skewed by then? Opinions can change after we all see the movie.

Oh, no wait....that makes too much sense.....

I'm just curious as to if Routh will be playing Superman or Chris Reeve playing Superman? I think reviews indicate the latter.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Well, wouldn't the poll results be too skewed by then? Opinions can change after we all see the movie.

Oh, no wait....that makes too much sense.....
lmao......

Matt said:
I'm just curious as to if Routh will be playing Superman or Chris Reeve playing Superman? I think reviews indicate the latter.
now take that curiosity and buy a ticket to the movie.

Matt said:

I read that he embodies Reeve moreso when he is Clark but he's less goofy. The good note is most reviews seem to indicate that his Superman is all his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"