Old Birds of Prey Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is Rated-R, which I hope that it is, then I hope that they really show how sadistic Black Mask (assuming that he is the villain) can be and how brutal/ruthless Huntress can be as well.

If it is Rated-R, which I hope that it is, then I hope that they really show how sadistic Black Mask (assuming that he is the villain) can be and how brutal/ruthless Huntress can be as well.
That’s one of the most exciting prospects of an R rated BOP.

They need to not hold back at all with Black Mask. He’s one of the most sadistic characters in the comics.

Just found this.

display
Love the Bat-signal just creeping in there :)

Black Mask will be neutered he's not gonna seriously go all out and kill/degrade any of the female leads in this movie
If they did have the guts to do that in a movie props to them but they already balked at making Joker be abusive to Harley because the test audiences didn't like it.
Hard to see WB want that risk again especially with their new low risk low reward mentality

If they're willing to make the move Rated-R (we'll see about that), whereas SS was PG-13, then I wouldn't be so sure.

Margot Robbie is one of the producers too, she is likely pushing for an R-rating or at least a PG-13 with some teeth.

And she knows what the fans want.

Does this movie really need to be rated R? I’m not opposed to it, but I don’t think it’s necessary.

R rating is a gimmick, there's no guarantee that it makes movie better. A PG-13 rating would be fine for this.

pg-13 is fine. The "implication" of violence is enough for the audience to get the picture.

R rating is a gimmick, there's no guarantee that it makes movie better. A PG-13 rating would be fine for this.

depends on whether we get R rated male random dancers or Harley/BC/Huntress =P

I don't recall "white" lead, but she did say she thinks Robbie wants to be the most eye-catching and most prominent star of this vehicle. All eyes on her.

Essentially, less of a team movie and more of a Harley & friends thing like Deadpool.

Ok...so MEW is not white?

Does this movie really need to be rated R? I’m not opposed to it, but I don’t think it’s necessary.
No constraints on content is one advantage but this is a female empowerment girl gang movie. I think with a villain like Black Mask he won't get to show how vicious and unconscionable he is like in the comics
Harley Quinn is probably the only thing pushing it to R but imo I could be wrong Cathy Yan is a good director

Also Huntress can easily be an R-rated character as well.

Who knows if it’ll stay R rated. Look at Venom!

I don't see why this would warrant an R-rating.

EDIT: Ok, I forgot Black Mask was the villain. I rescind that statement, lol.

Okay, so if she doesn’t end up looking like that, I’m gonna be a little upset. :funny:

Yeah. That's a Black Canary, right there.

I can't believe you hold the race of the characters more in importance than the actual writing, directing, acting of the movie.
Old post but it’s funny how race is such a hot topic for people like him. They’re fictional characters. God could be cast an Indian woman and it wouldn’t matter because he doesn’t exist.

Even if you’re a purist who wants to be 100% accurate, you want to be the a-hole who tells someone they can’t be cast because of their race to fulfill their own vision of accuracy because they lack imagination?

Last edited:
Okay, so if she doesn’t end up looking like that, I’m gonna be a little upset. :funny:
After how she's been done in live-action TV and how they did SS, my expectations are low.

Old post but it’s funny how race is such a hot topic for people like him. They’re fictional characters. God could be cast an Indian woman and it wouldn’t matter because he doesn’t exist.

Even if you’re a purist who wants to be 100% accurate, you want to be the a-hole who tells someone they can’t be cast because of their race to fulfill their own vision of accuracy because they lack imagination?
LOL. I think you missed the point of my post man.

I get your point your making, but i'm kind off baffled as to why your directing your comment at me. Did you even read my message in context to who I was even responding to? I don't appreciate that. I posted my message because someone said something about deciding to skip the movie because of Black canary's skin being mixed or something along those lines ( i'll have to check again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"