Olympus Has Fallen

Yes, in that aspect it's true, but it was just wrong the notion that it had grossed more, before the films run had even properly ended

By the way, it's Millenium Films we're talking about. OHF definitely cost less than $70 million.

While I can't speak for WHD, but the consensus appears to be that OHF was the better movie because it told the story more economically.

By the way, it's Millenium Films we're talking about. OHF definitely cost less than $70 million.

While I can't speak for WHD, but the consensus appears to be that OHF was the better movie because it told the story more economically.

I think they both offer something different, OHF is getting a bit extra love because of the R rated nature of the film, but structurally I'd say White House Down is a better action film and I thought Tatum and Foxx's buddy pairing was more entertaining than Butler's McClane attempt as he's not the most charismatic of actors. OHF's opening sequence attack on the White House is brutally effective where as The White Hose is taken over in a less blunt and more surgical way in WHD.

Basically both have strengths and weaknesses but overall enough positive differentials to make a good movie night double bill! :D

I just watched both, i prefered White House Down, was more entertaining and the main characters were more fun, none of the films were really good though and i give some points to Olympus for the R-Rating.

I just saw both and while WHD was the more "fun" movie, I liked OHF more overall. I think OHF was the better movie of the two.

The Under Siege films too. Political-Military themed Die Hard Clone Marathon.

Weren't Air Force One, Under Siege and The Rock better than these though? I in least regard them (expecially The Rock) in a better light than simple Die Hard clones.

I've seen both White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen. Rated it a 9.

As far I am concerned, Olympus Has Fallen was the far better film. It took itself more seriously, the action scenes were performed more realistically than in White House Down and I found Gerard Butler to be a better protagonist than Channing Tatum.

Don't get me wrong, I found White House Down to be entertaining, as a light hearted, buddy action movie.
It's just that I enjoyed the subtlety and depth that was in Olympus Has Fallen more.

bump

Liked this movie but there was one part that made absolutely no sense. Everyone was talking about how the president was never going to give up his Cerberus code, and he even encouraged the other 2 to give theirs because he would never cave. But then later they just skip right to the scene where he has just given it up with no explanation as to why or the reasons he gave it to the terrorists! It made absolutely no sense and I'm thinking it must have been the result of editing mistakes.

bump

Liked this movie but there was one part that made absolutely no sense. Everyone was talking about how the president was never going to give up his Cerberus code, and he even encouraged the other 2 to give theirs because he would never cave. But then later they just skip right to the scene where he has just given it up with no explanation as to why or the reasons he gave it to the terrorists! It made absolutely no sense and I'm thinking it must have been the result of editing mistakes.

I believe it was cracked by their computer/system. He didn't give it up.

Yeah he didn't realize they were hacking it and didn't want his staff to die by keeping it a secret. The code was easy to break once they had two of the passwords.

Watched this the other night and it was pretty good in a dumb fun sort of way. It was a strange movie because it would have some really clever bits followed by some silly ones.

Butler was awesome as usual and in this he gave his best and most consistant american accent ever. Very rarely if ever broke into scottish which was a nice change.

Some good action and pretty brutal scenes as well which were fun to watch, but some of the silly moments really grated on me. 7/10.

Watched this last night. It wasn't bad overall, but some of the CGi was just plain poor (especially the whole car crash scene at the beginning) which removed any sense of tension for me, and the overall storyline was just serviceable.

Butler was great though - his character was a badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"