Angel Has Fallen | Lionsgate

LoganGambit87

Sidekick
Reaction score
Gerard Butler Reteams With Millennium Films For Threequel ‘Angel Has Fallen’
EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Films is teaming up with Gerard Butler again, this time for Angel Has Fallen, a threequel follow-up to hit action titles Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen.Butler will be back to star as Secret Service agent Mike Banning, who has spent his career keeping American presidents safe. This time, he’s the target. If his attackers can take down half of Washington, D.C. with it, all the better. Among those at risk is the President, whose official plane Air Force One is code-named Angel.

Producers are Butler, Alan Siegel, Mark Gill, John Thompson and Matt O’Toole. Exec producers are Avi Lerner, Trevor Short and Christine Otal. Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt, who created the franchise, will write the script. No director has been set.

Millennium will be launching the title to distributors at the American Film Market in Santa Monica next week, and it’s sure to be one of the hottest titles up for grabs given the box office success of the first two installments: Olympus Has Fallen took $161M at the worldwide box office i 2013 while London Has Fallen generated a whopping $205M worldwide this year.

Millennium is targeting a production start in the first half of 2017.

The company also will be shopping Unchained, a Reservoir Dogs-style thriller from writer-director Paul Solet that stars Adrian Brody, John Malkovich and Antonio Banderas.
http://deadline.com/2016/10/gerard-...gel-has-fallen-olympus-has-fallen-1201843139/

Loved the first one. Enjoyed the second, but could have been better. Holding out hopes for the third one.

As someone who LOVED the first one and was 'meh' on the second....this is completely unnecessary. I didn't realize that LHF did that well at the box office so i guess I see why they're doing this,

As someone who LOVED the first one and was 'meh' on the second....this is completely unnecessary. I didn't realize that LHF did that well at the box office so i guess I see why they're doing this,

I'm in the same boat. Loved the first one, I fell asleep during the second.

The only thing I liked about the second one was the big shoot-out in the streets.

Angel has Fallen? At first I thought they were going to set it in London again with that title, with Angel in London having now fallen. But who would want to target that area? There's nothing of much significance there apart from a few theatre schools.

Angel has Fallen? At first I thought they were going to set it in London again with that title, with Angel in London having now fallen. But who would want to target that area? There's nothing of much significance there apart from a few theatre schools.

I thought they were going to embrace the cheese to the fullest and have a battle in Heaven.

I didn't love part 2, but my friend and I where in absolute hysterics watching it, so I'm down.

Man this sounds like the equivalent to Leprechaun 4: In Space

I thought they were going to embrace the cheese to the fullest and have a battle in Heaven.

Too bad, I was looking forward to Banning getting chewed out by God for not following proper procedure.

Like the first. Stopped watching the dumpster fire sequel before the halfway mark. Maybe this one will be watchable at least.

I never got around to seeing the second but like more I enjoyed the first, the plot of this one is basically Air Force One.

Poor Gerry. This is all he has.

He is still paying off those student loans (Jimmy Kimmel mean tweets) :cwink:

Butler seems to of found his own action franchise. These movies are ok in a sub-die hard kind of way. I would rather watch him in these films then those bad romcoms he kept making for a few years.

So wait, he's the target now? Does this mean we get to see him blow up?

Who keeps greenlighting these things?

Who keeps greenlighting these things?

On one hand, it annoys me that they've turned this thing into a franchise, because the first one was awful... As far as Die Hard wannabe films go (and this actually has become a sub-genre) this might have been the worst one. So when a sequel was announced (and now a threequel) I think my eyes rolled so hard I detached a retina. Both times.

However, if Butler keeps making movies like this and Gods of Egypt, then the less of a chance there is at him showing up in something I actually care about like a Marvel or DC film. And for that, we thank you.

I liked the first one. But to be honest, that was more due to the fact that 'Olympus has Fallen' was better than 'White House Down' which was absolute cr*p and made Olympus a rather much better thing to watch, though it still was.....well.....meh

London has fallen was a absolute waste of time. I think i've been entertained better and seen more quality in staring like a zombie at the tiles whilst taking a d*mp compared to that almost 'parody' of its fist movie.
I really liked Butler as an actor, but in London has fallen he was cringeworthy and kind of annoying.

I'm not even going to bother seeing this movie. I really dont know why stuff like this actually gets going. It's B movie material. ugh.

Gerard Butler should fire his agent, and start doing smaller films.

The first one was decent for what it was. The second one was a textbook lazy sequel that didn't need to exist.

I liked the first one. But to be honest, that was more due to the fact that 'Olympus has Fallen' was better than 'White House Down' which was absolute cr*p and made Olympus a rather much better thing to watch, though it still was.....well.....meh

London has fallen was a absolute waste of time. I think i've been entertained better and seen more quality in staring like a zombie at the tiles whilst taking a d*mp compared to that almost 'parody' of its fist movie.
I really liked Butler as an actor, but in London has fallen he was cringeworthy and kind of annoying.

I'm not even going to bother seeing this movie. I really dont know why stuff like this actually gets going. It's B movie material. ugh.

Because it's made almost $200 million worldwide on a $60 million budget. And Milliennium Films is basically today's Cannon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"