Omg! It's SUPER BOWL 50!

It's only one extreme? Or can you just not pull for him because you're not a Panthers fan, nor a fan of his antics.

My fault, didn't mean for anyone to take that old expression seriously. I should've wrote something different not to cause confusion

Interesting. I'll have to look into that.
Basically- He kind of went through naming great QB's and said he was better because he doesn't just have some of their attributes, he has every great QB's best attribute in his own game making him the greatest now. :dry:

It sucks that someone can't dislike a person's antics without being called a racist.
That is what pissed me off about the last two weeks the most. That Cam actually encouraged that BS made me dislike him more.

Not that there aren't racist though. There are plenty and what is posted online by some is disgusting. But Cam painted everyone with the same brush here and then tried to act like he didn't.

Basically- He kind of went through naming great QB's and said he was better because he doesn't just have some of their attributes, he has every great QB's best attribute in his own game making him the greatest now. :dry:
Von Miller was like:

TKu0yIP.gif

Cam leveraging racism for every person that wants to see him handle his position with more humility... very divisive and quite unfair actually. I've defended much of his season antics that I thought were just fun. However some of his talk about being the greatest ever, and how those who disagree with his actions are inherently racist, etc... it's using the race card in worst way. It has no place with the majority of people who don't like some of his behaviors and comments.

icDAkh.jpg

Congratulations to the Denver Broncos, the elite defense, Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips, John Elway, and Peyton Manning for that victory. The better team won the football game. It was great of Manning to not announce his retirement either. He can make that announcement at the end of the month and take this time to let the organization enjoy the victory. Elway's gamble paid off and his moves as a GM are now validated. They have a championship. Those salary cap problems will happen soon enough but with the championship, the eventual rebuild will be a bit easier if the right pieces all into place.

And another shout out to Ron Rivera. He handled that quick post-game interview on CBS with humility. He can get Carolina back to the playoffs next year. They are a young team and in a division they can more than likely win again next season.

That new meme of Peyton Manning as Forrest Gump ruining the Panther Party is hilarious.

Here's a crazy stat for everyone. This is the 2nd Super Bowl in Panthers history. In those 2 Super Bowl's, they've never scored points in the 1st or 3rd quarters.

I sure hope Peyton doesn't Farve this retirement. I sure got that feeling.

Cam collapsing was the most overly dramatic, stupid thing. Come on man.

I think Peyton loves the game too much and will forever doubt himself regarding retirement. I honestly think he needs to take a year or two away and then dive into coaching.

Well, hate to say I told ya so about Cam and the Panthers but...I told ya so. This is a team that was never as good as it appeared. It had a very advantageous schedule. The two times it played quality defenses in the playoffs (Seattle and Arizona) the game was given to Carolina. First when Seattle did nothing in the first half (and then dominated the second half). Then when Carson Palmer single handedly gave Carolina the NFC championship. Carolina is a good team. They were never a great team though.

As for Cam Newton, just a pathetic, childish display. Flopping around on the sideline, not diving for the ball, pouting at his press conference...just pathetic on his part. He is a child. He is a petulant child. He is dancing and showing off and making obnoxious, self-aggrandizing commercials when things are going good, but he can't man up and face the music when he loses? That is being a boy...not a man. I mean, for **** sake...this is the guy who, just last week said, he isn't the LeBron James of the NFL, LeBron James is the Cam Newton of the NBA...well, they certainly have one thing in common. They are both entitled, cry baby, sore losers.

I have never been in a situation like loosing a Super Bowl so I can't comment on the emotions involved. I can imagine it's incredibly heartbreaking. However it's how you handle defeat that determines your character. As much as I dislike the Manning family...I'm a Pats fan....I wanted the Panthers to lose because they were just too cocky. It wasn't just Cam...it was their fans too. When you are too cocky everyone dislikes you.

Cam Newton can still rebound from this but only if he uses this loss and the scrutiny he has and will face in this off-season as a catalyst to change. He already showed so much growth after Kelvin Benjamin went down. Now with him coming back, another WR pickup being likely, and the harshest of growing pains (a Super Bowl loss), he can bounce back. He can still have fun out there and dab on people, but he must realize that his attitude on football-related activities must change. Great guy off the field (the children, charities, volunteering, etc) but he needs to overhaul his on the field persona (as a quarterback, during press conferences, on the sideline, etc).

The NFC South is still the Panthers' division to lose next season. Even the all-time greats have lost Super Bowls before.

I think he needed to be humbled a bit.

Hopefully, he can learn from this.

I just hope the same people who were excusing Cam's exuberant behavior because "he's not your typical QB", aren't excusing his temper tantrum and puss face during the post game because "he's not your typical QB."

Newton is getting slammed all over for ditching the post game press conference. While I don't really care about his relationship with the media, I did find some of his on-field actions a bit disturbing last night. You could tell by his mannerisms after the first quarter that he was already beaten. I mean, the guy shriveled up like a raisin. The topper for me was when he backed away from the loose ball instead of diving on it. As a team leader, you have to at least try to get that ball! Don't back away!!

I think Carolina is going to have a tough time trying to get back to the SB next year they will have to face the AFC West which means a SB Rematch with Denver at Denver now they might not have Peyton Manning when that game is played but I still think they will have Von Miller. They also have to go to Seattle and face the NFC West. Its going to be a tougher road for them not saying they can't do it but its going to be a lot harder schedule for them going into next year.

Next years Panthers schedule will definitely be a test. Facing 6 playoff teams next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"