Omg! It's SUPER BOWL 50!

That Denver defense next year will be mighty still. And Denver's offense has the potential to be even better. It will all depend on two things. Manning retiring (more than likely) and Osweiler's development. Osweiler can run faster and pass farther than Manning can. I just hope one report that Manning being a selfish guy who didn't help Osweiler much is false. That salary cap situation in two years will be rough. Elway bet the farm on a SB win.

That Denver defense next year will be mighty still. And Denver's offense has the potential to be even better. It will all depend on two things. Manning retiring (more than likely) and Osweiler's development. Osweiler can run faster and pass farther than Manning can. I just hope one report that Manning being a selfish guy who didn't help Osweiler much is false. That salary cap situation in two years will be rough. Elway bet the farm on a SB win.

I don't think it is so much being selfish, I just don't think Peyton could mentor any young QB. His style is so distinct. His offense is made for him. No one can replicate that style or learn it. So I don't think it is selfishness that kept him from mentoring Osweiler. I think it is more about being unable to.

That does make me wonder how well of an offensive coordinator Peyton Manning could be. Can he achieve even half of what he did on the field out there on the sidelines or in a booth? Who was the last top-tier athlete that had a successful run as a coach in United States sports aside from Bill Russell? Hell, Derek Fisher just got fired today.

That does make me wonder how well of an offensive coordinator Peyton Manning could be. Can he achieve even half of what he did on the field out there on the sidelines or in a booth? Who was the last top-tier athlete that had a successful run as a coach in United States sports aside from Bill Russell? Hell, Derek Fisher just got fired today.

I wouldn't call Don Shula or Jim Harbaugh dominant players, on the same level as Manning. The only person who springs to mind who meets that criteria is Larry Bird. He was an incredibly successful coach, but only lasted three seasons (by choice). The worst that the Pacers finished in those three seasons was the conference finals. His first two he made it to the conference finals, then in the third he made it to the NBA finals. Then he retired.

I think Peyton loves the game too much and will forever doubt himself regarding retirement. I honestly think he needs to take a year or two away and then dive into coaching.

He might never admit it, but I think it bothers him that his level of play was so low this season. Riding off into the sunset is easier when you're Superbowl MVP or at least playing at a decent level. I mean, I thought the '00 Ravens & '02 Buccaneers carried their offenses, until Denver put up the worst offensive numbers for a winning team in the game's history.

Regardless of the hardware, I think that might bother him. That said, it might be a mistake trying to come back thinking you'll be any healthier over a full season at age 40, and I doubt Denver brings him back. So that's yet another new team, coaches and players to adjust to, he'll probably punt on that...

I wouldn't call Don Shula or Jim Harbaugh dominant players, on the same level as Manning. The only person who springs to mind who meets that criteria is Larry Bird. He was an incredibly successful coach, but only lasted three seasons (by choice). The worst that the Pacers finished in those three seasons was the conference finals. His first two he made it to the conference finals, then in the third he made it to the NBA finals. Then he retired.

Good ones. I forget about those. When Harbaugh became a quarterback, I wasn't even born.

:o

Manning is done. If he comes back, then I'll be genuinely surprised. I don't think Denver wants him back out there next season. It was a miracle he survived this season. Plus, going to another team that doesn't have a top notch defense like Denver is just asking for trouble. He's not gonna find that kind of success again.

I imagine he'll announce his retirement before the end of April, which is when the 2016 NFL Draft takes place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"