Comics One More Day Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither. I think Blader has "jumped the shark".

You guys are unbelievable. I'm not even talking about Spider-Man at this point; the idea that it's okay to criticize a movie without seeing it or complaining about an election without voting in it is just ridiculous.

It's very sad to me how quickly the name Pinky Tuscadaro came back to me....

You guys are unbelievable. I'm not even talking about Spider-Man at this point; the idea that it's okay to criticize a movie without seeing it or complaining about an election without voting in it is just ridiculous.

But that's not what you said. Your saying "without buying it." And that's wholly different.

Look, this is a very boring and exhausting topic (online comics) so I'm willing to drop it anytime...

The differences are obvious.

First off, the guy probably isn't you friend. Maybe he is, but odds are it's a nameless, faceless website.

Second, this friend doesn't rip up the comic (the cost of which includes paper, ink, presses, staples, delivery) and send one and only one copy to you. He keeps it (preserving its value) and sends it off to thousands, who now probably won't buy it.
Or maybe he is my friend, even though I don't know his real name or seen his face, I have exchanged words as in many others online comunnities, as this forum.
And why he can only let one friend read his comic, and not thousands?

1. Legal
2. Piracy

The latter is distributing material illegally. While there is nothing physically stopping you from reading a downloaded comic (of course), I wouldn't regard your opinion of said comic as having any kind of credibility.
So, because the law (that may be wrong or be changed sometime) says is wrong, my opinion wouldn't be valid? Even if, from my point of view, there is no difference reading the comic that someone else buys, with his consent, from his own hand or trough the internet?

I hate that term. Don't people realize that was the BEST HAPPY DAYS EPISODE EVER!?!?!?

that and the demolition derby with Pinky Tuscadaro

So true. I always thought it was just bad-ass that Fonzie jumped a shark...he could have DIED!!!! Don't you get that?! A world without a Fonz....I don't want to live in that world.:o

Look, this is a very boring and exhausting topic (online comics) so I'm willing to drop it anytime...

It is, and I've had it many times. I understand the frustration of anyone under25-30, who probably never had to pay for an album unless they wanted to ( or could afford to). And now all of a sudden they do?!?! It was stealing when it was music, and it's stealing now with comics (now, when I say stealing, I mean stealing along the lines of making a cassette recording stealing, the kind nobody cares about. But it IS stealing.)

So true. I always thought it was just bad-ass that Fonzie jumped a shark...he could have DIED!!!! Don't you get that?! A world without a Fonz....I don't want to live in that world.:o

Correctamundo....

Not only did I love Happy Days and watch them all....I also loved Simon & Simon, Magnum PI, A-Team, Quantum Leap, Knight Rider, Tour of Duty, Laverne and Shirley, the list goes on! TV back then was AWESOME! I still watch dvd's more than current stuff!

And since I own most of them on dvd too (...i should qualify with blader for an opinion on them!)

And by the way...the new Knight Rider movie a week back just didn't live up to my expectations. It was cool in parts but too much talking. (Plus it's just hard to surpass or meet expectations of things you look back so fondly of)

Okay, this is the only counter-argument I will give to that:

Have you seen Catwoman?

Neither have I. You know why? It looks horrible. It got horrible reviews. I've heard from people who have seen it, how horrible it was. The dialogue I heard in the preview was horrible....hell, the whole damn preview was horrible!

So...everything about this film was horrible...I know that...yet, I can't knock it because I didn't want to spend money to see it? SCREW THAT! That's like someone asking you to eat a turd sandwich, and then telling you that you can't knock it until you try it...and pay for it.

If it looks like a crap, it smells like crap, and every fiber of your being is telling you, "Man, this is crap", then why subject yourself you it?

Now, in the context of BND, I think someone reading it in the shop, reading a friend's copy, downloading it, or even stealing it is more than enough for them to form a viable opinion on it. In my home country of America, we get to voice whatever we feel, whether we know anything about the subject matter or not.

As for voting...have you seen our choices?! It's like asking if you want to be shot in the balls, stabbed in the balls, or just bludgeoned in the balls....either way, we're going down. (Shinlyle's views on politics, courtesy or some a-hole behind a keyboard)

Not only did I love Happy Days and watch them all....I also loved Simon and Simon, Magnum PI, A-Team, Quantum Leap, Knight Rider, Tour of Duty, Laverne and Shirley, the list goes on! TV back then was AWESOME! I still watch dvd's more than current stuff.

All cool shows, but the A-Team is hands down my all time favorite show from when I was a kid, and still is to this day.

*bad guy: Your nuts!!!

*Murdock: No I'm condiments! I've been promoted!!

You can't get any better than that.:up:

*I realize we're way off topic, but I had to chime in and say that*

Murdock on the A-team was indeed the best character!!

However, I've been on a long Magnum PI kick here lately...it's a show I'm actually enjoying MORE than originally and holds up surprisingly well, as I re-watch them. I try and get a daily fix of Magnum actually....that and spaghettio's...make me feel..swell!! :woot:

(I'm glad they're making so many of these collections available on dvd!)

As for voting...have you seen our choices?! It's like asking if you want to be shot in the balls, stabbed in the balls, or just bludgeoned in the balls....either way, we're going down. (Shinlyle's views on politics, courtesy or some a-hole behind a keyboard)

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I'm starting to understand why you might not wanna vote...

:csad:

Okay, this is the only counter-argument I will give to that:

Have you seen Catwoman?

Neither have I. You know why? It looks horrible. It got horrible reviews. I've heard from people who have seen it, how horrible it was. The dialogue I heard in the preview was horrible....hell, the whole damn preview was horrible!

So...everything about this film was horrible...I know that...yet, I can't knock it because I didn't want to spend money to see it? SCREW THAT! That's like someone asking you to eat a turd sandwich, and then telling you that you can't knock it until you try it...and pay for it.

Yes, but to continue your analogy:

If Themanofbat, and CaptainStacy, and other people who I respect came on here and said they did pay to see it, and it's not as bad as people are saying, whose opinion do you think I'll value more?

And, to me, that's what's going on here: people whose opinions I respect, paying for the product and saying they like it. I see no reason to value more the opinion of people who are (maybe rightly so) angry at the current goings on and (most probably) letting that color their reviews when they flip through it in the store or read it online. Because they are reading it pre-determining that it is crapola. (You could make the same argument for the consummate completionist, by the way)

I was just kidding; hence, the multiple :oldrazz: faces...

Everybody here knows my opinion of the bogus photocopy Universe known as the "Ultimate Universe" with the cheap photocopied Peter Parker who has similar powers and a similar costume to the Amazing Spider-Man that I grew up with.

Not the same guy... and certainly not Spider-Man to me.

:yay:

Oh, I know. That's pretty much how I feel about 616 Peter now. I just gotta stand up for USM since it's one of my favorite titles. :oldrazz:

Seriously, though, USM #118 was probably THE best issue I've read in years. After everything that happened in the last arc, it was great to see all the kids get together, and the supporting cast in USM is phenomenal.

And by the way...the new Knight Rider movie a week back just didn't live up to my expectations. It was cool in parts but too much talking. (Plus it's just hard to surpass or meet expectations of things you look back so fondly of)

My gripes with Neo Knight Rider...

KITT: The new Mustang didn't feel like a Knight Industries TT... At Least Trans Am KITT looked futuristic. His abilities were mostly meh... And I miss William Daniels...
Michael: Well the *Gasp* plot twist about his identity was dull, predictable and useless...
The movie itself: Didn't understand why the FBI agent HAD to be a lesbian/bisexual... they didn't specify... and IMO the best thing about the movie was The Hoff... too bad we didn't saw his symbiote-like chest hair ;)

^Yeh, i felt like they should've used Hoff in a much bigger way.

His one minute cameo at the end just left me wanting more.

Val Kilmer voicing KITT really just didn't "feel" like Kitt.

Another thing is that there really isn't anything around that can classify as a "muscle car" these days... and all the cool stuff that KITT could do in the 80's, real cars can do today. The only thing that was rad about the new Kitt was that he can change colours...

Yay.... :dry:

Yes, but to continue your analogy:

If Themanofbat, and CaptainStacy, and other people who I respect came on here and said they did pay to see it, and it's not as bad as people are saying, whose opinion do you think I'll value more?

And, to me, that's what's going on here: people whose opinions I respect, paying for the product and saying they like it. I see no reason to value more the opinion of people who are (maybe rightly so) angry at the current goings on and (most probably) letting that color their reviews when they flip through it in the store or read it online. Because they are reading it pre-determining that it is crapola. (You could make the same argument for the consummate completionist, by the way)

So true. Basically, I think anyone who has read the majority of opinions on this site can determine for themselves whether or not they would like the new direction...without buying it. Also, there are enough free previews and such online for teh average comic-reader to give it a virtual "flip-through" and say whether or not they will like it.

Besides, it's all just opinion...it's not like there is an actual "right" or "wrong" answer (although I'll bet someone will argue that with me, too).

My gripes with Neo Knight Rider...

KITT: The new Mustang didn't feel like a Knight Industries TT... At Least Trans Am KITT looked futuristic. His abilities were mostly meh... And I miss William Daniels...
Michael: Well the *Gasp* plot twist about his identity was dull, predictable and useless...
The movie itself: Didn't understand why the FBI agent HAD to be a lesbian/bisexual... they didn't specify... and IMO the best thing about the movie was The Hoff... too bad we didn't saw his symbiote-like chest hair ;)

My gripes with the new Knight Rider were pretty straight-up: I hate Mustangs. Always have. I drive a 69' Camaro, so the Mustang is my natural enemy. Watching a show that features a Mustang where an F-Body Firebird (The Camaro's "sister" model) was, just angers me.

Now, my prejudices aside, I thought the preview looked stupid. The car...changes colors? It takes a t-bone shot from an SUV, and it doesn't get a scratch?! It's not the freakin' Batmobile, it's an Artificially intelligent car! KIT should have been able to figure out a scenario to stop the oncoming vehicle without risking damage to his driver or himself! Ugh...some "Smart car"...let's just slam on brakes....it's indestructible. Ugh.

Personally, I think a new Corvette ZR-1 would've fit for Kit much better!

Attachments

• zr1siglk8.jpg
    zr1siglk8.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2
I used to have a '66 cherry red Mustang with Black leather interior... :word:

Went nice with my 650 cc BSA Lightning with the Cheery Bomb exhaust pipes...

:yay:

Yeh...the new car looks to beefy or chunky for Kitt.

When i think of Knight Rider...I think sportier and sleek and slim....i dunno....mustangs are cool i guess....but there are many other cars that would have been better....newer or older.

Or even stick with the same retro one if need be.

But, I also thought they WAY under-utilized The Hoff. They shoulda used him more in a Batman Beyond Mentor (only he's not THAT old) kind of way or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"