Ending of One More Day?

SouLeSS

Superhero
Reaction score
I searched for like 10 minutes. Either I don't know how to use the Search Function, or the thread was so burried that I couldn't find it. Sue me.

Spoilers from Newsarama post that got it from CBR that got it from somewhere else.
It's pretty much what we all suspected. The marriage will be erased from history due to a deal that is offered to Peter. He has to undone some points in history that led to the unmasking in order to save Aunt May. While he is pondering the ethics of the choice made to him, MJ secretly makes the deal for him. Because she was instrumental in his choice to unmask, she chooses to go back and never reveal she knew he was Spider-Man. This undoes the marriage. As a "gift" due to her bold choice, she is granted powers and becomes Jackpot. She is warned that if she reveals the past to Peter, who has no memory of it, then it will create a timeline shockwave. As a result, Peter is back to status quo, single and with a secret identity. Aunt May doesn't know who is either

I searched for like 10 minutes. Either I don't know how to use the Search Function, or the thread was so burried that I couldn't find it. Sue me.

Spoilers from Newsarama post that got it from CBR that got it from somewhere else.
It's pretty much what we all suspected. The marriage will be erased from history due to a deal that is offered to Peter. He has to undone some points in history that led to the unmasking in order to save Aunt May. While he is pondering the ethics of the choice made to him, MJ secretly makes the deal for him. Because she was instrumental in his choice to unmask, she chooses to go back and never reveal she knew he was Spider-Man. This undoes the marriage. As a "gift" due to her bold choice, she is granted powers and becomes Jackpot. She is warned that if she reveals the past to Peter, who has no memory of it, then it will create a timeline shockwave. As a result, Peter is back to status quo, single and with a secret identity. Aunt May doesn't know who is either

Sounds good to ME. What's everyone so pissed about? I hardly even post on the Spidey forums anymore because it seems like all anyone every does there is call Joe Q names. :woot:

That doesnt sound so bad, provided it's true.

Let's begin the countdown until [blackout]Spider-Man and Jackpot meet and hook-up.[/blackout]

I'm kinda eh on it. It would change a lotttttttttttttttttttttt of history, and retcon a lottttttt of stuff if this turns out to be true.

Wait... who's making Peter this offer?

Ya know, I'm like 100% ok with this....except for the MJ "Jackpot" thing.

That's just seems really goofy.

But time will tell. I weathered Sins Past easily enough, I can deal with super-powered MJ.

No one's making Peter any offer.

MJ goes to someone to fix all this, and is offered what is supposed to happen, and because she sacrifices all this she becomes Jackpot

MJ goes to someone to fix all this, and is offered what is supposed to happen, and because she sacrifices all this she becomes Jackpot
But who's capable of doing this?

I dont like this I rather liked what Mj and Pete had.

Well wait a minute now; at the end of part II, someone clearly made Peter an offer....

Well... that's sort of better then what was presumed prior... but if she can go back and do ThAT why not just go back and convince Peter not to Unmask during Civil War...

I'm not too huge on Marvels characters that have the power to do that, but I'm pretty sure Loki or Mephisto could do that, but why?

edit; Also, I guess in the spoiler when it says he's thinking over the ethical things, he's thinkng about the offer someones giving him, [blackout] but before he can choose MJ does her thing.[/blackout]

I'm not too huge on Marvels characters that have the power to do that, but I'm pretty sure Loki or Mephisto could do that, but why?

Well, Loki owes Peter a big favor....not sure if/why Mephisto would be involved, but last issue a little girl with red hair appeared before Peter with an offer, and the red hair made me think "Mephisto"...

At the end of ONE MORE DAY Part 2, Spider-Man was made an offer by JMS's version of Layla Miller, i.e. some annoying, smug looking Maguffin Brat who likely will need another writer and 12 months to be made interesting.

Interestingly, OMD was originally planned to be weekly, but has shifted to monthly due to Joe Q's schedule (he is the EIC and penciller). Now, someone should have known that considering how busy Joe is, that planning for it to be weekly was rather naive. But none are as optimistic about shipping schedules as Marvel. I mean, they still pretend that Frank Cho can draw a monthly series sometimes.

The rest of the theories have been known for a while. It is hardly a secret that Joe Q hates the Parker marriage and before his tenure as EIC ends, he likely will want to see it end, no matter what sort of magic hooey is needed. This is most likely his chance.

I have faith that whatever status quo is created, Dan Slott will run wild with it, and it may play to his strengths. I am also looking forward to Jackpot, if only because we've had over 30 years of MJ as a helpless civilian so another angle where she, or some aspect of her or whatever, can take part in some adventures, that is something new and I don't mind it. She's been in some battles before (dressed as Spidey to fight Spider Slayers once, and then was once posessed by the spirit of Red Sonja via a magic sword), so I don't mind. I just don't share the editorial belief that what has caused Spidey to stagnate has been his marriage to his true love.

What HAS caused him to stagnate has been:

1). The negation of much of his supporting cast, and silly attempts to bring them back with an outdated status quo (see: Flash Thompson)

2). ZERO attempt to mine the creative mine that is a gig as a high school teacher to create new supporting characters.

3). Placement on the world's premire super team, everyone knowing his ID, and hanging out with superheroes in secret bases, basically, the ELIMINATION of any sort of civilian social life.

4). The same A-List villains being overused, while anyone else stagnates or is mishandled.

5). One Shark-Leaping retcon or Totem Event after the next. JMS' THE OTHER proves that he really does write for television (i.e. drivel).

6). Many writers treating him as an inexperienced man-child in battle, thanks to Bendis' feebish version of USM.

7). The longtime practice of the Parker couple being the most boring in existance. Seriously; they're not even 28! Most women delight in wild, passionate romps if a guy they date/marry is merely an athelete or has a tattoo; Peter is SPIDER-MAN and yet their union is usually boring and too "crusty". When Aunt May acts like she has more pep, they need some spice, fast. SPIDER-MAN 3 also followed this trend.

Now, NONE of these have to do with the marriage itself. They have to do with writing and editorial practices. But, the marriage is Joe Q's sacrificial lamb, and the writing on the wall has been there for about a year. I actually don't mind undoing the Unmasking, which pretty much pigeon-holed Peter into a corner. But undoing the marriage is a folly and a distraction to many of the above ills, especially since you know damned well that not even 6 months after they are split, writers will tease their reunion. Especially if SPIDER-MAN 4 really does come along in 2009-2010.

(Plus, you have got to love little things like Dr. Strange traveling into other dimensions, slaughtering cosmic demons to make a magic elixir to save his pal Wong from a natural death from incurable cancer, yet won't lift a finger to save Aunt May. Or Dr. Doom, who has travelled to Hell and back and delights in manipulating heroes to do his bidding, refusing to grant Spidey's wish to gain him as an ally against the Four. Little things.)

The spring of Dan Slott on ASM will be vibrant and sweet; it is just a shame we may have a helluva cold and bitter winter to get there.

Maybe given the Time ripple thing...it could involve...

KANG? jk

Maybe given the Time ripple thing...it could involve...

KANG? jk

I'm sure Spider-Man is beneathe Kang's notice.

Unless it was some plot against the New or Mighty Avengers...but that would involve Bendis, so, hope not! :dry:

I'm sure Spider-Man is beneathe Kang's notice.

Unless it was some plot against the New or Mighty Avengers...but that would involve Bendis, so, hope not! :dry:

I know...I'm just desperate for new appearances...he's been in limbo (pun intended) since Young Avengers grinded to a halt.

I know...I'm just desperate for new appearances...he's been in limbo (pun intended) since Young Avengers grinded to a halt.

Better limbo than written poorly. Hopefully when he does reappear it will be grand.

Better limbo than written poorly. Hopefully when he does reappear it will be grand.

Good point; he's one of the few remaining marvel characters who hasn't been dueced on during the Quesada reign of terror. Maybe we should keep it that way.

So MJ is still going to know Peter, and still remember their marriage? interesting.

Good point; he's one of the few remaining marvel characters who hasn't been dueced on during the Quesada reign of terror. Maybe we should keep it that way.

So MJ is still going to know Peter, and still remember their marriage? interesting.

Well, until I see it on a printed page, it is theory for now. But it isn't an unlikely one.

But what is this going to mean as far as him being on New Avengers, or pretty much everything that's happened since people started knowing who he is. Not the general public, but people like Ironman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"