One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say limit it to one to force people to build at least one story. Then only open it to two when they start *****ing about it and it looks like we're not going to get any more players.

But since they're already *****ing about it...

If two characters are allowed, restrict it to one Marvel, one DC.

I liked that policy when we used it for three characters

Who would the third one be? Is wieg hinting that he wants to play as DarkClaw?

Who would the third one be? Is wieg hinting that he wants to play as DarkClaw?

Been there, done that.

2mpjrkz.jpg

Tony has pretty crappy willpower, though.

Unless in this universe willpower = alcoholism.

Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit. I didn't want to get into another game. I didn't want to have to devote more time and effort to playing another character. I really didn't.

But wieg and BL got the bug in my ear, and now I can't stop thinking about it.

Welcome aboard, Andy. It's great to have another veteran join up.

Looks like we're going to have a good group here everyone.

And honestly, right now, I'm scheming and talking to 4 other players on story ideas, and I just can't help myself.

I'm going with 2 characters off the bat. I'm weak, I know. But I don't think I've ever been this into two story arcs before, and I can't pass the opportunity up.

With that being said, I'm contemplating implementing a punishment for picking up and dropping characters left and right. It happens too much, and I'm not going to tolerate it here.

But what would the punishment be? I suggest murder of their first born :up:

I think we let Keyser handle the punishment.

The thought of that should keep people in line.

But what would the punishment be? I suggest murder of their first born :up:

I'll brainstorm on that.

But realistically, you shouldn't be picking up a character you don't have a story for.

I know a lot of the veterans know, but just for the new folk that seem to be interested, don't pick up a character unless you know where you're going to take them.

I've been talking to Byrd about X-Men ideas.

Put that into the application.

Do you have a story in mind for the character:

If they lie, then we know that can't be trusted. If they're honest and don't then we might be able to work with them, or tell them to think of picking up someone else.

^^^I like it wieg. I'll do that.

I've been talking to Byrd about X-Men ideas.

I know.

There are 5 of us tossing X-Men ideas back and forth.:awesome:

SF, add me on MSN if you don't mind. I'm headed to bed now, but I'd love to talk to you about your ideas, because your character choice is incredible for the X-Men.

Could I choose a classic Marvel character to receive Abin Sur's power ring instead of Hal Jordan? I would meld their origins as perfectly as possible.

:hal: :hal: :hal:

Could I choose a classic Marvel character to receive Abin Sur's power ring instead of Hal Jordan? I would meld their origins as perfectly as possible.

I don't know if I'd be comfortable with someone taking Hal's place, but I would be okay with a Marvel character getting the ring meant for John or Guy for a short time. I did that with Daredevil in season III or IV, I think.

Personally I'd rather not see that happen.

I really don't have a problem with a Marvel character becoming a Green Lantern (Daredevil became one in season 4 of the last game), but actually altering things that much rubs me the wrong way.

Send me a PM of your idea and maybe we can work something out though.

So, I had this crazy idea today at work when reflecting upon the last game, and one of the things that bugged me about it was the fact that the timeline wasn't exactly... "right". I mean, we had Wally West and Kyle Rayner as Flash and Green Lantern while Dick Grayson was still freakin' Robin for pete's sake. Spider-Man didn't even get to graduate high school! I mean, I felt like parts of the OU were still in it's infancy while others were growing exponentially and this time around I want to play OU with a more "synchronized" timeline. Also, I want to have the opportunity to play an OU that's a merge between the Marvel and DC Universe as we know them now so we can play the younger characters as adults, Dick and Peter being the prime examples, as well as legacy characters who frankly weren't even CLOSE to being introduced yet, like Tim Drake, Jaime Reyes and the Young Avengers.

Anyways, my idea was that instead of doing simple one month or one week gaps of IC time between seasons, how about we do gaps spanning from 1 to maybe even 2-3 years, so that our characters can actually "grow up" as we play them and characters that didn't appear until recent years can be given the OU treatment?

Kyle becoming Gl was sort of organic. But JB pretty much did leave the Corps in a ****** situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"