One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I plan on playing a teenage character at the start I wouldn't be opposed to one year breaks between seasons, so long as we required people to come up with what happened to their character during the breaks.

Do we really need one year jumps between seasons?

Why not have each season last a year? Meaning, if we don't actually play a year in game time, we just jump ahead far enough so it's a year later.

For example, every season 'starts' in mid-summer. Or, since we're approaching the holidays, every season starts around the holidays.

Why not have each season last a year? Meaning, if we don't actually play a year in game time, we just jump ahead far enough so it's a year later.

For example, every season 'starts' in mid-summer. Or, since we're approaching the holidays, every season starts around the holidays.
Well, I was just throwing 1 year out there since that might've been more widely accepted than 2 or 3. I personally picture the first and second season being a few months apart, whilst the second and third be about 2-3 years apart, so that by season 3-4 the majority of the younger PC's will have reached their adulthood.

If DC can cram its long history into 6 years of continuity, I don't think we should have a problem with characters reaching adulthood.

I like this idea a lot.

How much of a chore is your old continuity? That doesn't sound fun. Can you sum up the past in one paragraph?

:D

And I still haven't had any response to my idea. *coughCarnage27cough*

:argh:

:ff: :ff: :ff:

How much of a chore is your old continuity? That doesn't sound fun. Can you sum up the past in one paragraph?

:D

And I still haven't had any response to my idea. *coughCarnage27cough*

:argh:

:ff: :ff: :ff:

The old continuity did bcome a bit of a cluster-**** due to people picking up and dropping people left and right. Which is one reason I was looking to start a new game and erase that problem.

As for your idea, the basis of the it is fine, but I don't like the idea of Hal's ring choosing the character originally. If you made your first arc the character getting the ring from Hal for some reason or procuring a different ring, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

But changing an origin so fundamentally rubs me the wrong way.

It makes sense in this combined continuity though. If Abin Sur's ring chose Marvel Guy X instead of Hal, due to greater will power, then Hal would just be kicked down the list like Guy Gardner was. He will keep most of his timeline. He just won't be Abin Sur's boy. He'll have gotten it the same time Gardner did during The Crisis. Then you can go from there with Emerald Dawn.

But to be honest I'm not sure how much this continuity matches up with DC continuity.

:hal: :hal: :hal:

But wasn't Hal chosen over Guy due to Hal being closer?

Indeed. But only cause their will's were equal. If someone would have had greater will then they would have trumped those two.

I just really don't want origins changed that drastically. Like we had said, we don't want things to be "Ultimized" just for bleed over. I don't mind if the character ends up with another ring or gets Hal's ring through a story, but we all have basically agreed that the classic origins are in place, just enhanced with some Marvel/DC touches.

Byrd, do you agree?

As for continuity, the majority of the main heroes/heavy hitters have been active for a year with their origins basically intact. Beyond that there's nothing really set in stone.

I just really don't want origins changed that drastically. Like we had said, we don't want things to be "Ultimized" just for bleed over. I don't mind if the character ends up with another ring or gets Hal's ring through a story, but we all have basically agreed that the classic origins are in place, just enhanced with some Marvel/DC touches.

Byrd, do you agree?

I agree. Just because someone wants to play Ben Grimm as a GL, as cool as it is, doesn't mean everyone will want to play him. Say Frankie drops Ben, then someone comes in and wants to play Hal. They might not want to do the work to get Hal the ring. And what about the FF? If Ben is a GL, what the hell happens to them? Do they even get in an accident, or did someone replace him?

I just feel like it opens up a can of worms.

What's the GL Corps look like? Early on? Hal the only GL right now? Is this Post Crisis or Nu52? If Nu then all 4 are in the sector. Unless it's NuJustice League Year One.

So many questions. :D

What's the GL Corps look like? Early on? Hal the only GL right now? Is this Post Crisis or Nu52? If Nu then all 4 are in the sector. Unless it's NuJustice League Year One.

We're not using any established canon aside from character's basic origins. So Crisis and Nu52 don't come into play at all.

And yea, I'd say at this point Hal is the only Green Lantern from Earth.

I agree. Just because someone wants to play Ben Grimm as a GL, as cool as it is, doesn't mean everyone will want to play him. Say Frankie drops Ben, then someone comes in and wants to play Hal. They might not want to do the work to get Hal the ring. And what about the FF? If Ben is a GL, what the hell happens to them? Do they even get in an accident, or did someone replace him?

I just feel like it opens up a can of worms.

Ok. Well I guess I'll have to let the cat out of the bag. It's not Ben Grimm. It's Victor Von Doom. So the FF continuity would remain the same.

doom.gif

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Ok. Well I guess I'll have to let the cat out of the bag. It's not Ben Grimm. It's Victor Von Doom. So the FF continuity would remain the same.

doom.gif

Actually, I would prefer Ben to Doom. I mean, we already have a strong-willed, take-no-prisoners, amoral GL in the form of Sinestro. Even if you don't plan to make Doom a villain with the power ring, it just feels like the two would cancel each other out.

Who says Sinestro will survive the day?

Then that'd be storylines and a playable character you'd take away from a potential RPer who would want to join later down the line.

I'm not against Doom getting a power ring, but it shouldn't be a permanent thing.

People lining up to play? How many characters do we need?

But that's cool.

See you guys in World's Finest.

:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"