"One Universe" RPG thread.

It was mid-morning and the men had return from the chemical plant. They laid all of their new found items across a table in front of Scarecrow.

"We got all the goods boss but we loss Lenny back there"

"What to the cops" the Scarecrow rose from his seat his voice taking an angry tone. "If you lost Lenny to the cops this will be on your head".

"I...I don't know what it was but...um George said he saw something "

"...Yeah big guy, had to be about ten feet high and um..."

"You mean this", the Scarecrow threw a newspaper onto the table. "Now tell me who's afraid of bats?" "Nobody, thats what I thought but I do feel that now The Bat-Man has found one of our own we must bring our plan to a much faster pace".

"Boss nobody knows what your plan is..."

"Silence, now tonight the two of you will come with me where the final piece of the puzzle lies" The two men nodded in agreement. The Scarecrow looked back down at the paper. This Batman wants to play he thought. Well I wonder we he is afraid of. He turned th page and and read GOTHAM UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR FIRED...NUTTY. Rage built up inside Scarecrow. Lois Lane.. who does she think she is? She does not understand anything. After Gotham, Lois Lane will find out what fear turly is and it must just scare her to death.

Standing still, looking at these pictures... I don't want another drink.

Not for a long while.

The alien computer showed me some disturbing stuff.

Some truly messed up $*^t.

All the reports in the morning papers. The 'Superman' who can fly, the Batman of Gotham, the Spider-man of New York...

The worlds picking it's champions for what's coming.

I need to get out there. I need to help.

"Happy, open the roof entrance"

A hum, and the roof retracts.

I look up to the sky.

Here goes Tony. Time to proove a man can fly.

Oh wait... that already happened.

I shrug, and power up the repulsor boots, and I launch into the sky.

"Why're you wasting your time, Wally? You're never gonna win."

"You're kidding me, right?" Wally West looked up from his scratchcard and cast an amused glance at his girlfriend. "Linda, I got struck by lightning. I can run at superspeed. I run around in a red costume calling myself 'The Flash'...and you think there's no chance of me winning the lottery?"

Linda grinned at his dry humour, before rising from her chair and reaching for her coat. "This has been great, Wally, but I've gotta get going."

"Don't worry 'bout it, sweeheart," he assured, pecking her on the cheek. "I suppose I'd better start my rounds soon anyway."

"Be careful," Linda murmured into his ear as she embraced him. "I get worried about you, running around the streets like you do. Especially after last month."

"He was just a gorilla, Linda," Wally said, pulling away.

"A talking, fighting, superstrong gorilla," Linda shot back. "See ya tomorrow, speedster," she said with a wink, and strode through the front door.

Wally watched her go with a slight smile touching his lips. Life really is good! he thought to himself. His smile vanished as a distant explosion resounded through the streets, and the faint smell of acrid smoke wafted up his nostrils.

"Time to do this thang!" he muttered, and was suddenly streaking toward the criminal responsible so fast that he was barely a scarlet blur, golden streams of light rippling outward behind him.

I shove the box away with my foot as I walk through our new apartment, yogurt cup in hand. Holly lies across the tattered and wore sofa, papers all around her.

It had been two days since we’d left Skeevers.
Interesting how everything was coming up in two’s. We’d quickly gotten to a safe apartment and paid for it with some money we’d been saving together. The girls on the street were loyal, they knew about Skeevers and his temper, may of them pitied us because of him. We were safe from his ‘inc.’ for awhile anyway.

I draped myself over the arms of a large loveseat, as beaten and battered as the sofa Holly lay on. Licking the spoon I was scooping the yogurt out with

“Check this out.” Holly tossed me a paper.
I grabbed it and looked at the front.

“Superman? Hmmm..” I stuck my finger in my mouth.

“No second page..” She said looking at me intently, watching my reaction.

"THE BAT-MAN" ATTACKS GOTHAM'S CRIMINALS”

The large wording seemed to pop from the page.

“Batman? What kind of a name is that?”

Holly held up another paper silently and pointed to Spider-Man.

“Point.” I scan over the article, before folding it and tossing it back to Holly.
“Men have to associate themselves with animals, it makes them feel manly and tough. Underneath it they’re probably a High School nerd and a guy with baggage. Or they’re elephent men.”

Holly whistled holding up another paper.
Colorful paparazzi pictures were splashed across it, the object of their focus, one Bruce Wayne.

“Now there’s a catch.”

“You really shouldn’t be reading that stuff.” I stood up and stretched.

“He is so handsome..” Holly moaned

"If you go for the rich type." I turn and wink at her.

"Selina..this Batman, what does this mean for you?”

I raise my eyebrow.
“Nothing, other than I’ve got a new playmate.”

“But..”

“He has a costume, he dresses like a bat. Probably belongs in Arkham…”

I walk into the small kitchen not unlike our old one and toss the empty yogurt cup, leaving Holly to flip through her tabloids.
I step to the kitchen sink and run water over my used spoon, the water’s noise creates a white noise background for my thoughts.

A costume, it’s a fantastic idea. Very fantastic, in every use of the word.
But the costume was last thing on my mind. It was the principle.
I’d lived in Gotham all my life, it was my home. The East Side was mine. I knew every inch of it. Not only that, I was the best cat-burglar in town. No one knew me, no one could trace me. If I wanted the big game I’d already figured I’d have to get into Gothams elite.
This bat character could ruin it for me.

I turn the water off and lay the spoon by the sink. Turning I lean against the counter.
Gotham is my territory and I’m not going to let a caped crusader take it away from me.

Maybe a costume isn’t so bad of an idea. A smile crept to my face, if one could do it…

I shoved myself off from the counter and walked to my room, digging through unpacked bags and boxes.

“Selina..? What are you doing?” Holly asked walking in.

“Why would I miss out on a game like this?” I ask pulling out some things.

Holly looked at me confused before catching on.
“What's that?" She asked pointing to the cat suits I pulled out of a box. One was grey and the other was a deep purple. I toss them on the bed and pull out a whip, boots and long opera gloves. I toss them on top of the cat suits before answering.

“Some stuff I’ve saved from my feral day’s.”

Holly sat on the bed next to them and picked the whip up.

“You were a dominatrix?” She asks as I pick up the grey suit and undressing slip it on.

“ Some guys are into sick things. I only gave them what they wanted.” I pull the zipper up and turn around.

“Well?”

“It’s..umm..plain. Why are you going to wear a costume? I thought you didn’t like them?” I grab the purple one and the boots and gloves and dart to the bathroom.

“It’s the psychology of it. People are more fearful of something they can’t comprehend. Or something that’s dressed up unnaturally. Why do you think people dressed as witches on Halloween scare people?” I asked as I stripped from the grey suit. My voice hit the door and filtered out muffled to Holly.

“Seems awfully quick.”

“Live in the moment dear, and enjoy it.” I open the door and let her look at me.

“….wow….”

“Well if it can knock a girl senseless, think of what it’ll do to the men.” I gaze at myself in the floor length mirror I had leaning against the wall. Placing my hands on my hips I run them down my hips and smile.

“You need a mask”

“What? I’m not that hideous.” I turn and gentle push her onto the bed.

“No!” She laughs.
“I mean he has one.” She shrugged. “Might be useful to hide your face.”

I look sideways at myself in the mirror.

“You might be on to something.” I quickly slip out of the whole outfit and throw on a pair of jeans and a blouse. I grab some money and stuff it in my pocket. Holly watches confused.

I run my hand through my long black hair, and shake it out as I walk for the apartment door. Opening it I stand in the doorway and look back at Holly.

“Don’t wait up.”

He ducked behind a corner, machine gun fire digging up the sidewalk where he was. What in the name of God was he thinking? Taking on fifteen gang members by himself? While in the midst of a drug deal with another gang? He must be going crazy. He wasn't up to this. He was just good with a bow. "Hey! Robin Hood! Get yo' lame white ash out here, punk! You don' step wit' da Crips!"

He took out a tear gas arrow, taking a moment to fit a gas mask over his face. Pulling the bowstring taught, he dove out from his cover, loosing the arrow into the midst of thirty gang embers. It exploded with a pop, the noxious gas incapacitating the foremost thugs, who dropped to the ground coughing. Reaching again for his arrows, he pulled two net arrows from his quiver. Ducking into a nearby park, he pulled them ready. He dove out from behidn an oak tree he'd played on as a child, letting the arrows fly. The casings popped open, nets emerging from them and capturing the ones not incapacitated by the gas, pinning them to a nearby wall. He pulled off his gas mask as the tear gas finally dissipated.

He flipped up his cap, resting it on his hair and revealing his face. "Green Arrow, punks. Remember it." He strode up to a thug who was on the ground, slapping him on the back, covertly placingt a tracker on the unconscious man's jacket.

The police were as corrupt as anything else in this city, but he couldn't do anything publicly until he had proof. This tracker would give him just that. He knew these thugs would be out in an hour or two, less depending on the bribe money they put up.

The tracer was a genius bit of work, he thought. Would feed back the subjects location every five minutes to a Queen Industries GPS satellite using a covert frequency he'd set up, and would record all conversations the perp would have for the next day.

He fished out a small remote control from his belt, pressing a large button. From around the corner came an enormous sportscar, shaped like a large arrowhead. He hopped in, and sped away, pressing a small red button on his dashboard that would alert the police to a location they should check out.

Why did he do what he did? Because he loved it. Soon, he'd be able to bust the corruption in the Star City PD. Now, if only there was something he could do about the corruption in Washington...

(IC: The Joker)

Florecent lights shine overhead as doctors feverishly work to save a man's life. The man, half conscious, can hear what they say.

"...top layer of skin burned off."

"Industrial dyes made his hair like that. The stuff's so strong it's actually seeped into...."

"Will he ever see again?"

"Any I.D.?"

"No. Finger prints are burned off too."

"Who found him?"

"Some security gaurds at axes chemicals. I think he......"

Hours later, the man grogily awakens in the hospital.

"Nhhh...no..."

The nurse sees the man stir and alerts the doctor. The doctor then rushes to his bedside.

"Sir?"

"No. No mercy. No...."

"Be assured, sir. We have lots pf mercy."

"everyone...dies. Everyone is going to...."

"Not if we can help it. Now sir, we must ask, what is your name?"

"N...name?"

"Yes. Name."

"My name. My name....Jack."

"Jack? Jack what?"

"Jack. John. Jacob. Jengleheimer shmidt. His name....his name...."

"Alright. Nurse, he's obviously too delirious to tell us anything. We'll try again in the morning."

As the doctor turns to leave, the man begins to feel his face.

"M..my face."

The doctor turns back.

"Sir?"

"M..my face. Feels...strange. Feels different. What..."

"Sir, you must understand, the chemicals you fell in were quite corosive. Your skin was....."

"Mirror."

"Sir, you're not in the best of conditions at the moment. It would be...."

"MIRROR!"

The doctor gets a mirror off the bedside table and slowly hands it to the man.

"Be warned. This may be very shocking."

The man snatches the mirror and looks at his reflection. Then, he sees. His skin has been draned of all pigment. His eyes are bloodshot. His hair has been died a deep green. He looks like.....a clown.

"huh..."

"Sir, I told you....."

"Huh. Heh. Heh heh. Heh ha. Haha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

The doctor and the nurse back away as the man laughs a high pitched blood chilling laugh.

<Booster Gold>

Skeets and I have been planning this for ages. We know the rules and laws of Time travel.

If we mess up, well basically, we can't mess up.

Time is fluid. No matter what happens, or what you believe to be history, it's all completely relevent. So if Hitler fought for the Allies in world war two as a result of something I did, I haven't changed history. History has been made by me.

It's a complicated rule system, but the jist is history can't be changed or altered. It simply is. And because of that, I am looking forward to meeting the JSA, the Batman, Superman, Green Lantern... all of them.

This is going to be so COOL!

I've got the Legionaire ring that me and Skeets stole. As well as the quantum bands that let me fire energy.

I'm going back to the dawn of the age of superheroes. Before any of that Darkseid stuff happened. Before Lex Luthor was president. Before we had Conner Kent, and any of the stuff that made the world a darker place.

I'm going to the Golden Age.

I press a button on the suits left sleeve, and a bright wave of energy thrusts into me and Skeets.

Everything is white.

Until the world comes into focus.

I'm outside a building in what looks to be New York.

But I don't recognise it as the correct New York.

I see a man rocket through the sky in a red suit of armour. Judging by the speed and flight systems, it's using New Genesis tech.

This is so wrong. Stupidly wrong.

This isn't how history tells it.

Meaning I have no idea where I am...

"Crap"

I land on the balcony of my apartment,and walk in.Then,Remembering that every reporter in the city is going to be looking for me,I shut the door behind me.

It's...strange,walking in here,dressed like this.It's almost as if I have to put on an act,when I'm out there.As both Clark Kent and Superman.But...here,I can be myself.

It's a nice feeling.

Putting a shirt over my costume,and my glasses,I sit down in my chair,and grab an issue of The Daily Planet that I had picked up,on the way home.

Not surprisingly,The headline read 'METROPOLIS FLYBOY GETS NAME'.It goes onto talk about how I've been dubbed as 'Superman',and promises an exclusive interview in tommorow's edition.

...Should I give them one?

I mean,after all...I may have a secret identity to uphold,but I don't want the public to get the wrong idea of me.Maybe I should talk with Ma and Pa about this...get their opinions.After all,I don't want to do anything that drastic without their consent...

Getting tired of reading about...well...me,I turn the page,to see if anything interesting is happening,outside of Metropolis.

The first thing I notice is a headline about some incident in Gotham City...

"THE BAT-MAN" ATTACKS GOTHAM'S CRIMINALS

..."The Batman"?

And I thought I had issues.But,aparrentally,this guy actually goes around doing what I do without the need of special abilites.This nutcase is going to get himself killed,one of these days...

Looking at the bottom of that,I read about some rumor involving Bruce Wayne,and a reported fling with not one,but three famous Hollywood movie actresses.One of them happens to be engaged,and pregnant aswell.

It seems morals have become a rarity,these days...

Turning my attention to the opposite side of the page,I read about a man they call 'Spider-Man'.While I admit,the name isn't the best,and the costume...well...is a bit much,with the webs and all,It isn't nearly as bad as 'Batman'...

Just when I think I've read it all,I catch a column about a masked man with a bow and arrow,stalking the streets of Star City.

...What is with this sudden trend of costumed lunatics?

I look down at my own set of colorful clothing.

Okay,so I'm one to talk.But I doubt any of those other people are out to do the same thing I am.They're probably doing it for financial gain,or some such thing.I wouldn't be surprised,considering the world we live in today.

Of course,I could be underestimating them.Like I did Luthor.

I still can't believe that happened...

As I sit,moping in my own stupidity,regarding that situation,the phone rings.I look up at it,curiously.

I never get calls.From anyone.And Ma and Pa are busy with the farm,this time of year...So,that's surprising.

Getting up,I use my speed to get to it within a second,and pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Kent,You have an assignment.Oliver Queen is throwing a bash in Star City,and he's invited the press to come aswell.You and Lane are taking a flight first thing Friday morning."

"Oliver Queen?The Millionaire?"

"Billionaire,to be presice.Anyway,I need you to pack and be ready ahead of time.This could be the event of the century!"

Event of the century?

Is Superman old news already?

"But...What about Superman?"

"Superman can wait.After all,He seems to be staying in Metropolis for now.But this is Oliver Queen we're talking about.No one's seen the man in years...If we could get that interview,We'd be the top newspaper in the country!All the big celebrities are going to be there,too...Wilson Fisk,Lex Luthor,Bruce Wayne...You name it."

"...Aren't we already the top newspaper in the country?"

"Nevermind that.I also have another assignment for you.Tommorow,A scientist named Reed Richards is holding a press conference in New York.I'm sending you,Lane,and Olsen down there tommorow morning.Think you can handle it?"

Two trips in one week?

What am I,Superma-

Two trips it is,then.

"I don't know,Mr.Whi-"

"Kent,you wanna make a name for yourself in the world of journalism,don't you?"

"Well,yes...but I-"

"Good.Then you'll have no problem with covering two of the possibly biggest events of the year,right?"

"Well...No."

"Then it's settled!Make sure to pack your things tonight,and get a good night's sleep.After all...We don't want to look bad infront of our competition,do we?"

"...Competition?"

"Every major newspaper,TV show,and radio broadcast are sceduled to cover this,Kent.The TODAY Show,Fox News,The Daily Bugle,The Times,You name it,they'll be there.We need to show Metropolis that The Daily Planet gets results,and gets them fast...Which is why you'll be flying back the same night."

FLYING BACK THE SAME NIGHT?WITH LOIS AND JIMMY?

Okay,I may be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...but...Even I can't handle that much stress.

But...I suppose if it gets the job done...

Finally,I let out a sigh.

"You got it,Chief."

"Good man.And don't call me Chief,Kent."

He hangs up,abruptly.Well...I guess I better pack my things,if I'm to be prepared.

Two seconds later,that's done.Now all I need is to get some...

I stop.

Strangely,I'm not tired.I've never felt better,actually.I need to do something to rid myself of this extra energy...

Taking off the shirt and the glasses,I open the door to my balcony,and fly out.

I think I owe a certain reporter an interview...

SupermanForTomorrowv2.jpg

<Iron Man>

I'm soaring through the skies of New York.

Actually soaring.

This is incredible.

Then I get hit with the ultimate downer.

"New Message Recieved!" Pings the internal e-mail monitor.

"Read"

"You have been invited by Oliver Queen for the annual Big Bash. Please feel free to bring along a date, and remember your check book..."

I cringe.

Queen hates me for my weapons sales.

It's not like I like weapons.

They just make me a lot of money. Money I can use to develop this suit. To HELP people.

"Reply; Tony Stark will be attending, with guest. Question: Will the booze be watered down like last year, and should I bring my own?"

I smirk.

IF Queen reads that, it's worth it. If he doesn't... It's still worth it on the off chance.

I turn around in mid air.

On the streets below is ANOTHER spandex wearing man.

They're breeding.

And breeding bad taste.

He's covered in gold...

Some people have NO style!

<Victor Von Doom>

"Mankind will pay for what they did to me.....to my parents" Victor said from his laboratory in a secluded monestary high in the snowy mountains of Tibet.

"I was only a child when they were taken from me...leading me to be raised by gypsies because of humanities animosity. When the time comes...when I am ready, I will unleash the fury of my unbridled revenge upon them all...man, woman and child alike" he said as his voice echoed through the large stone chamber. He paused as he walked past one of the many mirrors in his laboratory to relish in his own vanity...something he loved to do. He pulled himself away from his self adoration and returned to his task...

"Technology alone is not enough......I must master the arts that my mother so dearly loved.....Ironic how the black arts that caused my mother to be destroyed by humans will utterly aid in their own destruction" Victor said opening a small velvet pouch, as pentagrams, talismans, various smooth stones and other objects fell onto a table.

"My powers in the black arts are undeniable...and soon I will be a sorcerer of unparalled power...but equally strong is my intelligence...a combination that will bring everyone to their knees before me!" He said pulling a cloth off a large invention he has worked on for months.

"This, my trans-dimensional projection device, will allow me to contact you Mother...no matter where your soul is. I must know that you are okay...I must know what you want me to do to avenge you!" Doom said powering on the machine...

"All my hardwork...all my planning...this truly is a piece of my genious realized" he said placing black candles in a circle beside the machine.

"May this circle of candles light your way to me my mother" Doom said adjusting the machine as a bright light eminated through the room. The light dissappeared as a small ball of lightning began to crackle...it slowly expanded revealing a black swirling vortex

"It has begun......"

von_doom.jpg

SuperFerret said:
Two months ago...

I stand on the beach, my eyes scanning the horizon. The warm sea wind flowed over me, blanketing me with comfort. It was almost so distracting that I didn't hear the footsteps in the sand behind me.

I roll to the left, wheeling around and drawing the sharp dagger from the sheath on my belt. I point my weapon at the newcomer, and instantly feel stupid.

"Mother.." I sink to my knees, my head hanging in shame. "I didn't mean to, you startled me."

When I looked up at her, she was smiling.

"Diana," she said, "you are just like me when I was your age, all full of fire and fight, but if you are to make the sojourn into man's world, you must learn to control your warrior instincts in favor of diplomacy."

"Yes, mother, I will try." I return my mother's smile, and stand, the sand falling from my robe as I do. I've always loved this beach, as I know it is the very beach from which my mother gathered the clay that made me. But, I knew that someday, I will travel far away, as my mother did, and I will leave this beach, and everything I know, behind.

One month ago...

"Diana."

I look up from the scroll I was reading, acting startled, though my warrior's training kept me alert to her approach.

"Yes, mother?"

"I feel that you are ready."

My eyes widen with excitement. "Thank you mother."

The next few days pass with such speed it seems like mere moments now that I think about it. I recieve mother's "costume", a suit decorated with reds, blues, and white stars, in case I needed to follow in her footsteps as a "superhero", whatever that was. I recieved her sword as well, though it's blade was dulled ("A hero should never kill.") Nevertheless, I sharpened it.

Then, I was gone.

Tonight...

I had one month to accustom myself to Man's World, and I was doing fairly well for myself. I had a new name, "Diana Prince", a joke on my true name and my royal stature. I had a home, albeit a temporary one, this Star City bothered me. Too much savagery. It cast a negative shadow over all men.

"Hey, darlin', what's a pretty lady like you doin' walkin' alone in this part o' town?"

I turn, a pair of police officers, men who uphold law and order. They will give me no trouble. (Though the would-be rapist I had castrated earlier tonight gave me little trouble as well.)

"I'm just heading home officer." I say, "Thank you for asking."

I turn to walk away, when the officer that didn't say anything rushed over and cut off my path. "Where are you going? Sure you don't need a ride?" he said.

"No."

I startled him, but not as much as the arrow that hit him did.

SuperFerret said:
One month ago...

"Diana."

I look up from the scroll I was reading, acting startled, though my warrior's training kept me alert to her approach.

"Yes, mother?"

"I feel that you are ready."

My eyes widen with excitement. "Thank you mother."

The next few days pass with such speed it seems like mere moments now that I think about it. I recieve mother's "costume", a suit decorated with reds, blues, and white stars, in case I needed to follow in her footsteps as a "superhero", whatever that was. I recieved her sword as well, though it's blade was dulled ("A hero should never kill.") Nevertheless, I sharpened it.

Then, I was gone.

Tonight...

I had one month to accustom myself to Man's World, and I was doing fairly well for myself. I had a new name, "Diana Prince", a joke on my true name and my royal stature. I had a home, albeit a temporary one, this Star City bothered me. Too much savagery. It cast a negative shadow over all men.

"Hey, darlin', what's a pretty lady like you doin' walkin' alone in this part o' town?"

I turn, a pair of police officers, men who uphold law and order. They will give me no trouble. (Though the would-be rapist I had castrated earlier tonight gave me little trouble as well.)

"I'm just heading home officer." I say, "Thank you for asking."

I turn to walk away, when the officer that didn't say anything rushed over and cut off my path. "Where are you going? Sure you don't need a ride?" he said.

"No."

I startled him, but not as much as the arrow that hit him did.

"Wonderful night for a beating, eh? Glad you bums kept the engagement!" Ollie all but yelled. This was why he put on the tights. He'd followed these two crooked cops since they let the gangbangers out of jail. William G. Ryan and Timothy H Newburn. Beat cops with a mean streak a mile wide, took bribes from the gangs and mobsters with nary a thought. He'd planned on following them a while longer, but then they'd started on this dame, and he knew what would come next. He'd heard it a dozen times as he'd started collecting evidence. Beyond just crooked cops, these wastes of flesh took advantage of women. None of the girls he'd talked to had said it, but it had been implied enough. Rapists. These men were filth, and he had no compunctions about using the normal arrows on them. They deserved worse, but he wanted them to make their trial in one piece. Wonder if the DA would accept three quarters of a scumbag...

He notched another arrow. His first one had taken William by surprise, impaling deep into his shoulder. He'd hit the ground, screaming in pain. His partner was fast on the draw, but not as fast as Ollie was on the bow. Timothy brought up his service revolver, but by the time he'd drawn it another of Ollie's arrows flew, hitting him in the elbow and just missing a major artery. He yelped in pain and dropped his gun. He knealt to the ground, his free hand clutched to his wounded arm.

"You know, I don't get it. I mean, I understand not doing crimes in New York and Gotham and Metropolis. All the big guns out there. But you guys've been here for a while. You knew Star City had one of its own. Guess part of being corrupt means you get stupid quick, huh?" Ollie strode forward into the dim light of a street lamp, and there he saw the girl as if for the first time. She was... stunning. Her raven black hair spilled over her shoulders. Her body was statuesque, like she was a Greek statue come to life.

One of the cops interrupted his reverie. "HAH! You... you think you can take us down? Whadda you got, hunh? Nothin' that's what. Robin hood wannabe"

He looked down. Timothy, feeling some nerve. He scowled, and walked over to him, his right hand clenching into a fist. The corrupt, smug bastard had the nerve to smile at him. His fist struck down, smashing the cop in the face. Teeth flew loose, and he felt the man's nose break. Timothy slumped to the ground, unconscious.

"I don't know when, and I don't know how, but you and your whole corrupt force is going down, you horny bastard. I'm going to make sure of it." He stood there and fumed for a moment. He stopped fuming the second he recalled that beautiful woman.

He turned around, and there she still was. Was she ever gorgeous. Her body? Perfectly proportioned. Come to think of it, he still didn't have a date for Friday... He flicked his cap up, and rested his hands on his bow. "Well, hello there pretty bird. You alright?"

IC: Harvey Dent

"Has the jury reached a descision?" The judge asked already knowing the verdict. Judge Faden wasn't exactly an honest man, it was worse that the defendant was Eddie Skeevers, head of Carmine ' The Roman' Falcone's drug operation. The only people we ever got that had ties to Falcone were small time but Skeevers was an exception. A shipment of heroin was coming into the city and Skeevers wanted to make sure every thing went perfect. Obviously, for Skeevers, things didn't go according to plan. Some couple had called the cops because they saw some suspicious behavior around the docks. But before they had a chance to tell the cops what they thought was going on, they were grabbed by one of Skeevers' men. Skeevers shot the woman first, she was expecting a child. The father had to watch his wife and unborn child die. No man should ever have to go through that, ever. The man only had seconds to mourn, then he fell to the pavement, a bullet wound through his eyes.

"Yes we have your honor. We find the defendant, Not Guilty, in the murder of Jason and Sara Laclaire."

I swear under my breath. I look up and watch Skeevers celebrate. He looks directly into my eyes and winks. I almost lose control, I want to give that bastard what he deserves. I calm down and leave. As I walk to my car I wish that the law and the truth would matter like it should. I think about that couple, that man who had to watch his wife and child die. They'll never get the justice they deserve.

I sigh as I turn the key to start my car, wondering how Gilda is feeling, hopfully better then I am. I tell myself that next time I'll be able to put the scum of Gotham City behind bars. I don't know if I really believe that. Sometimes I think that justice is decided by a flip of a coin.

LibrarianThorne said:
"Wonderful night for a beating, eh? Glad you bums kept the engagement!" Ollie all but yelled. This was why he put on the tights. He'd followed these two crooked cops since they let the gangbangers out of jail. William G. Ryan and Timothy H Newburn. Beat cops with a mean streak a mile wide, took bribes from the gangs and mobsters with nary a thought. He'd planned on following them a while longer, but then they'd started on this dame, and he knew what would come next. He'd heard it a dozen times as he'd started collecting evidence. Beyond just crooked cops, these wastes of flesh took advantage of women. None of the girls he'd talked to had said it, but it had been implied enough. Rapists. These men were filth, and he had no compunctions about using the normal arrows on them. They deserved worse, but he wanted them to make their trial in one piece. Wonder if the DA would accept three quarters of a scumbag...

He notched another arrow. His first one had taken William by surprise, impaling deep into his shoulder. He'd hit the ground, screaming in pain. His partner was fast on the draw, but not as fast as Ollie was on the bow. Timothy brought up his service revolver, but by the time he'd drawn it another of Ollie's arrows flew, hitting him in the elbow and just missing a major artery. He yelped in pain and dropped his gun. He knealt to the ground, his free hand clutched to his wounded arm.

"You know, I don't get it. I mean, I understand not doing crimes in New York and Gotham and Metropolis. All the big guns out there. But you guys've been here for a while. You knew Star City had one of its own. Guess part of being corrupt means you get stupid quick, huh?" Ollie strode forward into the dim light of a street lamp, and there he saw the girl as if for the first time. She was... stunning. Her raven black hair spilled over her shoulders. Her body was statuesque, like she was a Greek statue come to life.

One of the cops interrupted his reverie. "HAH! You... you think you can take us down? Whadda you got, hunh? Nothin' that's what. Robin hood wannabe"

He looked down. Timothy, feeling some nerve. He scowled, and walked over to him, his right hand clenching into a fist. The corrupt, smug bastard had the nerve to smile at him. His fist struck down, smashing the cop in the face. Teeth flew loose, and he felt the man's nose break. Timothy slumped to the ground, unconscious.

"I don't know when, and I don't know how, but you and your whole corrupt force is going down, you horny bastard. I'm going to make sure of it." He stood there and fumed for a moment. He stopped fuming the second he recalled that beautiful woman.

He turned around, and there she still was. Was she ever gorgeous. Her body? Perfectly proportioned. Come to think of it, he still didn't have a date for Friday... He flicked his cap up, and rested his hands on his bow. "Well, hello there pretty bird. You alright?"

I was stunned. This man had shown such a fierce warrior spirit, it was... undescribable the sensation I felt in my chest as I watched him fight, mercilessly dispatching his enemies. Then he stopped, smiling at me once his foes were vanquished.

. "Well, hello there pretty bird. You alright?" he asked.

Was he flirting with me?

"Yes, I am. Thank you very much, sir, but I must be on my way. Good evening."

OOC:Guess this is one way to up my post count.

SuperFerret said:
I was stunned. This man had shown such a fierce warrior spirit, it was... undescribable the sensation I felt in my chest as I watched him fight, mercilessly dispatching his enemies. Then he stopped, smiling at me once his foes were vanquished.

. "Well, hello there pretty bird. You alright?" he asked.

Was he flirting with me?

"Yes, I am. Thank you very much, sir, but I must be on my way. Good evening."

"Hold on just a second, pretty bird. What's your name?"

He didn't know what it was about this woman, but she was simply stunning. He absolutley had to have her for the party on Friday. If for nothing else than to show up Wayne and Stark.

LibrarianThorne said:
"Hold on just a second, pretty bird. What's your name?"

He didn't know what it was about this woman, but she was simply stunning. He absolutley had to have her for the party on Friday. If for nothing else than to show up Wayne and Stark.

"My name is Diana Prince, and I must be going."

I turn to leave, but the archer's hand grabs my wrist, attempting to prevent me from leaving.

I punch him square in the jaw, knocking him to the floor. He's lucky I like him (only Hera knows why), if I had wanted to I could have taken his head off with that blow.

"How dare you lay your hands on royalty!?"

SuperFerret said:
"My name is Diana Prince, and I must be going."

I turn to leave, but the archer's hand grabs my wrist, attempting to prevent me from leaving.

I punch him square in the jaw, knocking him to the floor. He's lucky I like him (only Hera knows why), if I had wanted to I could have taken his head off with that blow.

"How dare you lay your hands on royalty!?"

"You sure don't hit like any princess I've ever met," he said, rubbing his jaw. He didn't think he'd ever been hit that hard, by anybody. Of course, he didn't go out of his way to get hit.

He stood up. "Look, I apologize for my abruptness, your highness. Let's try this again. My name's Green Arrow, lowly vigilante."

He gave a mock courtesy bow. He'd never been much on formalities, anyway, and in this guise, he didn't have to be.

"I just wanted to say I've got a friend in town, maybe you've heard of him. Olliver Queen. Well, he asked me, as he's got this big gala party this Friday, to find him a date. Me, being the incredulous sort, of course wondered why. Turns out, since he's newly returned to Star City, he doesn't know who to ask. And here, I come upon a princess. Fate, 's what I'm thinking. So, how about I give you his number and you do me a favor and give him a call?"

He looked at the unconscious forms of the policemen. "I can promise you he'll be much better company than these two."

One month ago...

"Diana, your beauty will be a great asset in Man's World."

"Why, mother?"

"Because many men are driven only by their sexual instincts, and all men experience this from time to time as well. Use your looks to sway men's opinions and you can accomplish much, for the gain of both yourself and others, but remember, in Man's World, the women are of a jealous type and may behave in a hostile manner towards you. Don't hate them, pity them, for they are under the influence of a backwards society."

"I will try not to mother, but I have never been treated any differently by my sisters here, and I will try to keep my 'legendary temper', as you call it, under control."

"You are beginning to sound like your mother, child."

Tonight...

LibrarianThorne said:
"You sure don't hit like any princess I've ever met," he said, rubbing his jaw. He didn't think he'd ever been hit that hard, by anybody. Of course, he didn't go out of his way to get hit.

He stood up. "Look, I apologize for my abruptness, your highness. Let's try this again. My name's Green Arrow, lowly vigilante."

He gave a mock courtesy bow. He'd never been much on formalities, anyway, and in this guise, he didn't have to be.

"I just wanted to say I've got a friend in town, maybe you've heard of him. Olliver Queen. Well, he asked me, as he's got this big gala party this Friday, to find him a date. Me, being the incredulous sort, of course wondered why. Turns out, since he's newly returned to Star City, he doesn't know who to ask. And here, I come upon a princess. Fate, 's what I'm thinking. So, how about I give you his number and you do me a favor and give him a call?"

He looked at the unconscious forms of the policemen. "I can promise you he'll be much better company than these two."

A date? I have been asked out on a date?

For the first time in my life I feel two distinctly new feelings. I feel truly beautiful, in a way totally different than how my sisters on Themyscira made me feel. I enjoy this.

And I feel unsure of myself. I hate this. This "Green Arrow", whom anyone with half a brain can tell is Oliver Queen, the wealthy man who has been on the front page of every newspaper in the city, is at once very annoying and very alluring, and I'm unsure of what to do next. This makes me want to hit someone.

Reluctantly, I say, "I accept your offer, tell Mr. Queen that I will 'call' him tomorrow night. Is this acceptable?"

Hera, I hope I know what I'm getting into.

SuperFerret said:
One month ago...

"Diana, your beauty will be a great asset in Man's World."

"Why, mother?"

"Because many men are driven only by their sexual instincts, and all men experience this from time to time as well. Use your looks to sway men's opinions and you can accomplish much, for the gain of both yourself and others, but remember, in Man's World, the women are of a jealous type and may behave in a hostile manner towards you. Don't hate them, pity them, for they are under the influence of a backwards society."

"I will try not to mother, but I have never been treated any differently by my sisters here, and I will try to keep my 'legendary temper', as you call it, under control."

"You are beginning to sound like your mother, child."

Tonight...

A date? I have been asked out on a date?

For the first time in my life I feel two distinctly new feelings. I feel truly beautiful, in a way totally different than how my sisters on Themyscira made me feel. I enjoy this.

And I feel unsure of myself. I hate this. This "Green Arrow", whom anyone with half a brain can tell is Oliver Queen, the wealthy man who has been on the front page of every newspaper in the city, is at once very annoying and very alluring, and I'm unsure of what to do next. This makes me want to hit someone.

Reluctantly, I say, "I accept your offer, tell Mr. Queen that I will 'call' him tomorrow night. Is this acceptable?"

Hera, I hope I know what I'm getting into.

He fished one of his business cards from his belt. You'd be surprised at the kinds of things you can stick behind a belt.

He handed it to her. "Call this number tomorrow. Ask for Shirley, Mr. Queen's assistant. She'll be able to patch you through."

In the distance, he heard the jangling bells of an alarm. He brought out his remote, pushed the button, and again the modified sportscar appeared, roaring from around the corner.

He hopped in, throwing Diana a wink. "If you'll excuse me, princess." The car squealed away, and Ollie laughed to himself. No way Stark, Luthor, or Wayne could top his new date. Just no way.

<Mister Fantastic>

"It has been 24 hours since the remains of the downed NASA space shuttle were found off the coast of Japan. Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Johnny Storm, and Benjamin Grimm, the four astronauts on board are yet to be found...but assuming the condition of the shuttle, we can only fear the wors-"

-click-

"I don't want to hear anymore about this" Johnny said turning the t.v. off in the main area of the Baxter building "We have to tell NASA...or someone that we are alive"

"Not until I can be sure that our changes won't affect or endanger any regular humans Johnny" Reed said

"I can't stay locked up in here for much longer Reed...i'm losing my mind" Johnny replied

"Just be patient for a little while longer...let me run some more tests then I promise we will go public with what happened to the shuttle, and with what happened to all of us" Reed replied

"He's right Johnny...if we leave now without a little more understanding of our powers and condition we could accidentally harm innocent people" Sue said

"I am in no rush to show myself to those people" Ben said looking down at the street from a large window in the side of the building "You three can all look normal if you want...i'm just a big...Thing"

"Ha finally something I can agree with you on" Johnny scoffed

"Shut up Johnny" Sue snapped back "Don't worry Ben...Reed will have you back to normal in no time...you'll see"

"I hope your right Susie..." Ben replied "and you better watch yourself match stick, or you'll be flaming off permanently"

Several hours later.....

"I figured it out!" Reed said barging into the living area. He turned to see Ben asleep on the floor, and Johnny asleep on the couch, but Susan was still awake watching television

"What did you learn Reed?" Sue said

"I understand the nature of our mutation...I was right in my original presumption that the cloud which was a mix or radiation and a cosmic power I can't identify, altered every cell in our bodies turning us into what we are now" Reed explained

"Does that mean its permanent?" Sue replied

"For the moment yes...I need to see if any mutations continue to happen before I can begin thinking of a way to reverse it, otherwise the results could be chatastrophic" Reed said

"They are talking about us on the news Reed...they think we are dead...we have to let them know the truth" Sue said

"We will Susan...I know now that our mutations aren't spreadable to other humans...so I can finally arrange a press conference in good conscience" Reed replied

"Excellent Reed...I can't live a lie" Susan said

"And we won't have to my dear" Reed said stretching his arms across the room, grabbing Sue and pulling her in close to him "everything is going to be okay" he said as they began to kiss eachother.

"Come relax with me Reed...we can watch some television" Sue said

"Sorry Susan, a scientists work is never done...I have too many questions that need answering...and I need to contact Perry White and Jonah Jameson from the Planet and the Bugle to arrange our press conference for tomorrow morning" Reed said turning back towards where he came

"Then i'm going with you, you big geek" Sue said with a smile as they both walked over to the lab.

<Bruce Banner>

My name is Bruce Banner and that’s all that is left of my life.

6 months ago a failed experiment stole everything from me.
The experiment created him, or maybe it just brought him to the surface, I didn't know. All that matters now is that I’m a treat to everyone. The people I love I can't see anymore, even the woman of my dreams. I don't want to hurt them; I don't want him to hurt them.

Wherever I go I have to watch my back. They want him dead and that means me too. The army hunts me like a wild animal. They are relentless in there pursuit. They would destroy a town of innocent people just to get a chance to bring him down...ask yourself who is the real monster?

But they can’t stop him, no one can. Nothing can stop the Hulk.

IC: Darkseid

He sat upon his throne, aboard his flagship. Around him, many of the lesser beings worked and dawdled, doing the things that satisfied their puny lives. If he still had any emotions, he would have been disgusted by it. The lowlies. If he was still capable of hate, he would hate them.

Things were going according to plan. Godfrey would get the simpleminded human to sign the contract, pledging his loyalty to Darkseid. That human would then use the other superpowered beings, and they would fight and die in place of Darkseid's armies. Such was the lot of the first wave. After Magneto had exhausted his forces, Darkseid's armies would sweep in and conquer. Earth would be his.

That still left Magneto. He disdained the disillusioned fool. His assassin, Kanto, was already on Earth, passing for a human as was his way, and he discovered much about Magneto. Victim of the humans' Holocaust, he had founded his own nation to prevent such a thing happening to his so-called "Homo Superior", mutations in the humans' evolutionary structure. He stroked his chin, considering Erik Magnus Lensherr. For a man who espoused hatred of the Nazi regime that had stolen his family from him, the parallels between the way Magneto thought about humans and the way Hitler thought about Jews showed, to Darkseid, that Magneto was just a fool, a tool to be used. Far too mentally unstable to entrust any kind of power or rulership to, he would be dealt with after the conquest of Earth.

His great intellect then began to consider Kanto, his assassin. The thirty-sixth Kanto, who had achieved his name and duties by killing Kanto the thirty-fifth. Best marksman on Apokolips, or any of Darkseid's domains for that matter. Remarkably, this Kanto could not feel pain, and wounds, no matter how grievous, did not slow him. He was immune, as far as any of Darkseid's scientists could tell, to all poisons, something that had led to the death of Kanto the thirty-fifth. He was an expert at infiltration and espionage, and so it was he that Darkseid had sent to Earth, to discover more about its "heroes".

Kanto was currently in the human city known as Star City. A small metropolis, with no interesting factors save the recent emergence of yet another hero. These heroes troubled Darkseid's thoughts. He knew of the Batman in Gotham, an apparently supernatural being. The Superman in Metropolis, Steppenwolf's Kryptonian, imbued (at the least) with invulnerability, flight, superhuman strength and superhuman speed. The Spider-Man in New York City, who had superhuman durability, strength, and speed, and could apparently shoot webs from his wrists. In the emergence of these beings, he sensed the hand of Highfather, his old enemy. These heroes too much resembled the New Gods, and they would be destroyed.

Then there were those that were not heroes, did not protect the world's so-called innocent. Magnus, who he was already in an alliance with. Victor Von Doom, ruler of Latveria. In him, Darkseid sensed a powerful ally, one far more stable than Magneto yet still weak enough to be controlled. The lizard creature in New York, a soldier he would rather have numbered among his forces than against. The scarecrow in Gotham City, apparent master of fear on that world. He wondered what Desaad could learn from this scarecrow, to better keep the human beings in line and subservient.

Fire briefly flared from his eyes, and Darkseid smiled. Plans within plans were being concocted. Soon, the conquest of Earth would begin.

(IC: The Joker)

Midnight, Gotham memorial hospital. No one has aproached room 13 for over eight hours now. The laughter resinating from within has sent a chill down the spin of anyone who has walked close to the door. However, needing to fulfil her duties, a nurse brings a tray of food to the patient, who hasn't eating or slept since he awoke earlyer that day. As she entered, the laughter quieted to a faint giggle, almost as if the man was trying out of courtesy not to disturb her. She set the tray down and turned to the door. As she did, the laughter suddenly stoped.

"Excuse me."

The nurse nearly screamed as the man spoke. She slowly turned to adress him.

"Yes?"

"Would you please turn on the televison? I seem to have misplaced the remote."

"Alright."

The nurse walked over to the T.V. and turned it on. Then, she heard a smashing sound. She quickly turned around, and saw the man standing right in front of her, his hand bleeding and clutching a shard of glass taken from the now broken painting that hangs over the bed. Before she can scream, the man puts his hand over her mouth. He takes the shard and begins stabbing her. He slits her thoat, slashes her torso, and severs arteries. Bloods splatters everywhere, and the nurse's muffled screams are completely drouned out by the man's insane laughter.

The blood spraying on his chest is a baptism.

He is born again.

And from his genisis comes death to all who behold him.

As life drains from the nurse's body and her eyes glass over, he drops her.

"Well, that was certainly a hoot."

He goes into the closet, removes his now stained robe, and replaces it with a clean one. He walkd out of the room and heads towards and exit.

"Now that I've had my fun, I think it's time to go shopping."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"