"One Universe" RPG thread.

Sparta* said:
<Mister Fantastic>

"Any last questions?" Reed said to the massive crowd gathered before him

"Abigail Foster, New York Times. Is it true you and the lovely Ms. Storm will by tying the knot soon?"

"Wha-what? umm....I didn't....." Reed stumbled for his words...something that happened only when he was talking about his lovelife. Susan stepped forward.

"Reed and I are in love...and for now until all this confusion gets worked out, that is enough" Sue said

"Fair enough. What about the rumours that have been going around about Lex Luthor from Lexcorp offering Reed a very prominent position within his company?" The reporter added

"Those are true Ms. Foster. Mr. Luthor did in fact offer me a position as head of the medical sciences division of Lexcorp. He must have heard about my breakthroughs in that field. None the less, I find myself obligated to my team...and the promises I've made them" he quickly glances over to Ben "So I had to reject his offer...at least for now" Reed said "Thank you very much for your time ladies and gentlemen...no further questions"

Suddenly something in the distance quickly approached the crowd...

"What the hell is that?" Johnny replied...but before anyone could answer it was upon them. A giant metal robot, as huge as the baxter building landed before them.

"What a revoltin' development" Thing said

"Everyone get out of here" Reed shouted "Looks like the Fantastic Four have found their first job"

"PRIMARY TARGET LOCATED...APPREHEND REED RICHARDS..."

By the time the robot touches ground,I'm already blocks away from the scene.I had overheard it coming with my hearing,and though I didn't know,exactly,what it was...I heard it's message.

"PRIMARY TARGET LOCATED...APPREHEND REED RICHARDS..."

That was enough to convince me that something needed to be done.That thing...or someone controlling it,is obviously planning to kidnap Reed Richards.Why,I don't know.But I'm not about to sit by and let the person's responsible suceed.

Even if Dr.Richards and his team are now powered,He's going to need all the possible help he can get.It can't hurt,anyway.

Wait...Lois.

Oh no...I didn't think about her.She's probably trying to find me at this very moment.

If Superman shows up in the same town Clark Kent is in,and Clark Kent isn't around when Superman is,It won't be difficult to put two and two together.

But...then again,who says Superman lives in Metropolis?

Just because He showed up there first,doesn't mean it's his primary home.Even though,in actuality,it is.

If I'm asked as Superman,I'll just say that I was watching the press conference.Which,again,isn't a lie,because I was watching it.Live and in person,but watching nonetheless.

If I'm asked as Clark,I'll say that I was hiding.Lois would believe that,and vouch for me,if anyone doubted it.

So...I have an alibi.Only one thing to do now...

113superman.jpg

I think it's time Superman made another appearance.

A giant robot touches down right in front of me.

What the ****?

I take a quick picture, and then begin running in the direction of an alleyway. Ben calls after me.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Not dying, mabey?"

Before he can say another word, I duck into an alley and quickly change into my costume. I web my cloths and stuff up into a ball. The webbing will disolve in an hour or so.

I think.

I crawl up onto the roof, shoot out a webline, and swing onto the robot, kicking it.

"Hey, buddy, yer blockin' da road!"

It turns around and points what looks like a big-ass-cannon right at me.

"but hey, really, what right do I have to...."

That weird feeling goes of in my head like a bomb. I jump out of the way as fast as I can as it fires a missile at me. The blast knocks me forward several yards. I land on the ground.

"Yeah Pete. That was a really smart move."

Lex Luthor was still in his office. But now, the blinds had been drawn down over the full-length windows, casting Luthor into darkness. He wasn't leaving for Star City just yet. He had work to do.

He was sat in the leather chair behind his desk, staring intently at the giant television screen built into the wall. Right now, he was watching live footage of the robot attack in New York City. He was seeing the events from a...different perspective from everybody else. He was watching from the camera placed in the robot's head. This was fairly easy for Luthor to do. After all, it was his robot.

Luthor had tried playing nice with Reed Richards, offering him a prestigious position as head of medical sciences at Lexcorp. But Richards had turned him down. Luthor played the thought over again in his head. Reed Richards...turned down...Lex Luthor.

"Nobody turns me down!"

Luthor silenced himself. Talking to oneself was the first sign of madness. Richards could have done this the easy way, but now he was going to have to do it the hard way. Lex Luthor always got what he wanted. If he couldn't buy it, he took it! And now he was going to take Reed Richards...

"What!?"

Out of nowhere, one of those masked freaks appeared. Spider-Man, this one was called. These psychopaths wanted to make a name for themselves, but were too afraid to show their faces. And a mask was not going to protect this meddlesome arachnid from Lex Luthor's robot.

Luthor entered a command in his keypad, issuing the order for the robot to destroy Spider-Man. It quickly responded by firing a missile. It missed, but the blast floored the interfering pest. Now it was time to move in for the kill.

But just then, in the upper left-hand corner of the TV screen, Luthor noticed something. It was flying through the sky, approaching fast.

"What is that? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's....no, it can't be! It's...Superman!"

Keyser Soze said:
Lex Luthor was still in his office. But now, the blinds had been drawn down over the full-length windows, casting Luthor into darkness. He wasn't leaving for Star City just yet. He had work to do.

He was sat in the leather chair behind his desk, staring intently at the giant television screen built into the wall. Right now, he was watching live footage of the robot attack in New York City. He was seeing the events from a...different perspective from everybody else. He was watching from the camera placed in the robot's head. This was fairly easy for Luthor to do. After all, it was his robot.

Luthor had tried playing nice with Reed Richards, offering him a prestigious position as head of medical sciences at Lexcorp. But Richards had turned him down. Luthor played the thought over again in his head. Reed Richards...turned down...Lex Luthor.

"Nobody turns me down!"

Luthor silenced himself. Talking to oneself was the first sign of madness. Richards could have done this the easy way, but now he was going to have to do it the hard way. Lex Luthor always got what he wanted. If he couldn't buy it, he took it! And now he was going to take Reed Richards...

"What!?"

Out of nowhere, one of those masked freaks appeared. Spider-Man, this one was called. These psychopaths wanted to make a name for themselves, but were too afraid to show their faces. And a mask was not going to protect this meddlesome arachnid from Lex Luthor's robot.

Luthor entered a command in his keypad, issuing the order for the robot to destroy Spider-Man. It quickly responded by firing a missile. It missed, but the blast floored the interfering pest. Now it was time to move in for the kill.

But just then, in the upper left-hand corner of the TV screen, Luthor noticed something. It was flying through the sky, approaching fast.

"What is that? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's....no, it can't be! It's...Superman!"

"SECONDARY TARGET LOCATED...TARGET IDENTIFIED AS 'SPIDER-MAN'...DESTROY TARGET..."

"Not if I have anything to say about it."

realbatman4rw5zy.png

I fly head on,striking the robot in the chest with my head,backing it away,slightly.Only slightly.It slides back only a few inches,even though I rammed it at full speed.Or...at least,what I think is full speed.

That means its probably heavily armored,and armed.The only logical decision I can make,in trying to weaken it,is to keep punching.

So I do.

Punch after punch after punch,I keep throwing my fist into it's metal body,making it slide back even more as I continue with it.I have to keep this up.Can't give it a chance to attack anyone...

Just when I'm thinking that,the robot reaches up,and slams it's big,metal arm across my body,sending me flying into a nearby wall.It doesn't really hurt...But,it proves that it's stong.He tossed me aside like some cheap toy...

Getting out of the debris,left by the damage to the wall I landed in,I look up,only to see the robot aiming it's cannon at me.That definatley isn't a good sight.

Flying forward,I make it clear that I'm challenging it.My best guess is that this robot has a limited amount of missiles,so...The best thing I can do,right now,is to try to make it waste it's ammo.

Though I've never been stuck by a missle...

And,just as I hoped it would,it fires straight at me.I increase my speed,as I fly towards it,and the oncoming missle.

*BOOM*

It hits me.I can barely feel it.But I can still feel it.And the smoke from the blast is clouding my vision.Using my x-ray vision,I look through the smoke,at the robot.

It's still going after the one they call 'Spider-Man'.Vigilante,Hero,or Menace,I can't let it hurt him.Or anyone,for that matter.

I streak through the smoke like...well...a missile,and fly after it again.Using the same technique I tried awhile ago,I ram my head into it's back,and start to punch it rapidly.

It responds by turning it's head completely around,and sending another swipe at me.The only difference is that I duck this one,and punch it again.This isn't working.I've barely made any dents in it.Whoever built this had to have alot of...

My eyes widen.

"...Money."

No...It couldn't be.Now I'm just jumping to conclusions.

Taking my mind off of the subject,I try and focus back on the situation.Of course,due to that,I lost focus,so...it slams its fist into my face.

This time,the impact actually hurts,somewhat,as I go flying into a car,smashing it to pieces as I land.

I can still hear the stomps of the robot's large,metalic feet.I have to get up.Have to keep fighting.I can't let it hurt anyone...

As I get up, I see a blue flying man fighting the Big Guy wannabe.

Blue flying man.

Huh.

I guess he is for real.

Learn something new every day, dontcha?

I jump up onto the robot and begin slamming my fists into it.

"Robot, are you fighting another superhero? How could you?! I thought we had something special!"

It swings it's fist at me. I jump out of the way, but oit still nicks me. Damn, it feels like I got cliped by an aircraft carryer. I stumble to the ground. It begins to walk towards me.

"Listen, don't you think we should talk this out like reasonable freaks of nature?"

It slams it's fist into the ground beneath me as I jump up onto a nearby wall.

"Guess not."

<Mister Fantastic>

"Alright, this is our chance!" Mister Fantastic said "Johnny, take him from the sky, Ben and I will do what we can from down here, and Sue will cover us with her forcefield!" Reed said turning his fists into two giant mallets as he swung around hitting one leg of the robot. Ben ran and shoulder checked the other leg, and then began pounding at it mercilessly. Johnny flamed on and took to the sky, launching columns of intense flame at the robots head. The robot lifted his huge foot and tried to bring it down on Reed, but he turned his body into a wheel and rolled away just in time.

"That was too close..." Reed said reverting his body back to normal. He turned to see Ben picking up a car and tossing it at the robots chest. The car shattered into a hundred pieces. The robot bent down and picked up the Thing, hurling him into the side of a building. He began to plummet to the ground, but Sue created an invisible platform under him to cushion his fall

"Thanks Suzie, I woulda been a pile of gravel if it wasn't for you" Ben said

"You can thank me later Ben...right now we have some trash to take out" Sue replied

Johnny continued to fly around and throw fireball after fireball at the robot but it wasn't doing anything. Suddenly the robot swatted him in mid-air. He plummeted down to the ground only to be saved by Reed stretching his body out into a trampoline.

"This isn't going to work you guys" Johnny said getting to his feet.

"I have an idea...can you guys keep him busy for a little while? It shouldn't be too hard with Spider-man and Superman here to help you" Reed said looking over at the other two heroes

"Sure thing stretch-o" Ben replied "But hurry up, okay?"

"You got it Ben" Reed said as he stretched his arms up to the top floor of the Baxter building, and then brought his lower half up as well

Lex Luthor cursed under his breath in frustration. The so-called "Fantastic Four" wee enough of a nuisance, and the intereference of Spider-Man was annoying, but Superman as well? Luthor was sick of all these "superheroes" crawling out of the woodworks. Now was the chance to get rid of some of them.

Luthor laughed smugly as his robot swatted aside the likes of Spider-Man, Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm. But then he spotted Superman, lying on the ground. Luthor's smirk widened into a malicious grin as Luthor entered the command into the keypad. He was locking onto Superman - his robot was now programmed to wipe him out.

Superman looked up at the robot. But to Luthor, watching through the camera, it looked like Superman was staring straight at him. This was as close to a face-to-face confrontation with Luthor as Superman would ever get.

"I've got you now..."

Keyser Soze said:
Lex Luthor cursed under his breath in frustration. The so-called "Fantastic Four" wee enough of a nuisance, and the intereference of Spider-Man was annoying, but Superman as well? Luthor was sick of all these "superheroes" crawling out of the woodworks. Now was the chance to get rid of some of them.

Luthor laughed smugly as his robot swatted aside the likes of Spider-Man, Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm. But then he spotted Superman, lying on the ground. Luthor's smirk widened into a malicious grin as Luthor entered the command into the keypad. He was locking onto Superman - his robot was now programmed to wipe him out.

Superman looked up at the robot. But to Luthor, watching through the camera, it looked like Superman was staring straight at him. This was as close to a face-to-face confrontation with Luthor as Superman would ever get.

"I've got you now..."

I look at the robot.It looks back at me,with somewhat piercing red lights for eyes.Good...It's lost focus of the rest of the crowd.In a way,I need it to keep focused on me.

For what...I don't know.But better me than anyone else.

Though I still don't exactly know how I'm going to defeat this thing.It's strong...well protected.And I've tried seeing through it's armor,to penpoint any weak spots...but...I can't see through it.Just like I couldn't see through LexCorp towers...

At that moment,the robot takes a few steps toward me,and stops.Though it doesn't outwardly say any command,like it did with Dr.Richards and Spider-Man,I can tell it is preparing to hit me with something.And it isn't the same type of missile,this time.

Which,of course,could be bad.I'm running out of options here...

It aims it's cannon at me,giving me just enough time to think about what I can do to protect myself.

I can hit the missile with my heat rays,but...that would cause it to explode,which would cause damage to the city,and maybe even hurt someone in the process.

I can fly directly into the missle,and shield everyone else from the explosion...but...there's no telling if I'd make it out alive.I've yet to be hit with something of that force.

Wait...I've got it!

Just as that thought crosses my mind,the missile fires.Using my feet to kickstart my way upwards,I use every ounce of strength I have to propell myself into the air,which makes me fly alot faster than I previously did.I just pray that the missile follows me...

And,sure enough,It does.

Looking back for one second,I turn my attention back to the sky,still flying as fast as I can.I'm over the Empire State Building,at this point...And going higher.

I just have to make it to the Earth's atmosphere...

I pass the clouds...The sky gets darker...The sun gets brighter...I'm getting colder...I'm almost there...

And then,I see it.The Earth.It's around me.I'm outside of the planet.I look back,to see if the missile is still following me.It is.Good...Let it follow...because I doubt it'll be able to handle the pressure in coming up here.

Then,I take off,plunging myself further away from the Earth.I can't do this long...After all,Even I need oxygen.

And then,I hear it.

*BOOOOOOOM*

A smile comes across my face.I stop myself,and look back at the firey explosion.But,thankfully...It's outside of earth.No one was hurt...Not even myself.

I did it.

peaceonearth3ka0oq.jpg

The smile fades as I realise there are still people in danger.

No time to pat myself on the back.I have to get back to New York.Superman is still needed,there...

Well, that was down right impressive.

But, we still have thw holw 'psychotic robot assasin' problem.

Mabey......

I skip over to Reed Richards.

"Hi. Now, you don't know me, and I don't know you. But I know your reputation. Your like a supr genius scientist. Couldn't you whip up an electromagnetic puls generator out of toothpicks, dental floss, and half a salmon?"

Ben Grimm couldn't help but smile as he saw Superman sore into the sky. What an icon, powers, looks... well that's something Ben didn't have, looks. He remembered when he fist became the Thing. He couldn't even dial a damn phone.

None of that mattered now. Hecouldn't be selfish. These people needed his help. Reed needed his help. He turned to face the robot. Invincible? Nothing was invincible. "Its Clobberin' time!" he yelled as he ran at the robot, slamming his shoulder into it's leg. It didn't budge. "Ain't nothing that I can't beat down! Suzie! Gimmie a lift up to the things head!"

"Be careful Ben, it doesn't look like anything's gonna take take this machine down."

"Yeah yeah, just get me up there will ya?" he grabbed a car as Sue started to rase him up. "Open wide yer hunk o junk!" he slammed the car into the robot's head, not one dent. "Oh come on! Yer gotta fall down at some point!" Whack! The robot swatted him away.

He landed on top of the Baxter Building. "Hey Strech-o, ya nearly done? We got one heck of a problem going on here!"

"Where are you?"

Lex Luthor was beginning to get frustrated. Superman had managed to escape his missile. He'd vanished into the skies above, out of the robot's -and Luthor's - range of vision. What would it take to destroy this thorn in his side!?

And then there was Ben Grimm. Hideously deformed by what happened to him in space, Luthor felt repulsed just looking at him. He was glad to see his robot sweep him aside.

Luthor was letting Superman get to him. He wasn't the problem here. Luthor's goal was to capture Reed Richards. Where had he disappeared to? He had slipped away while the robot was busy fighting!

"Damn it!" shouted Luthor, slamming his fist on the desk.

This was all Superman's fault. He had interfered. First in Metropolis, now in New York City. Everywhere Luthor tried to initiate a plan, Superman was there, like a demon resting on his shoulder, mocking him! Didn't anybody else see the truth? This creature (and he was a creature, not a human like Luthor) was a menace! Right now, he was doing his little party tricks, saving the day, but could anybody know his true motivations?

So, destroying Superman was not about a grudge. It was not about Superman. It wasn't even about Lex Luthor.

"It's about saving the world."

I stop in mid-air,around the the highest point of the Empire State Building.

I have to strategize my next move...I can't just go back into action like I did earlier,because that obviously didn't do much.

But...How?

I tried.Spider-Man tried.Richards and his team tried.But none of us are having any affect on it,at this point.

As I contemplate this through my head,I can see what looks to be Benjamin Grimm...'The Thing'...being thrown ontop of a nearby building.I use my microscopic vision to see if he's alright.He's fine,but...wait...Is that Dr.Richards aswell?

And...Spider-Man?

So aside from Human Torch and Invisible Woman...NO ONE is fighting it?

Unless they're strategising,like me,They really aren't putting much effort into this.I guess I'll have to help fight the robot,until I can figure out what Richards,Thing,and Spider-Man are planning...If anything.

Preparing to take full charge at the robot,I stop when I hear a cry for help.I look down,below me.

It's a little boy.And...

"Good lord!"

A billboard,which must've come loose due to the impact the robot has made,is about to fall.It could hit the little guy.I HAVE to stop it.

Putting all of my efforts into that,I zoom down in full force,and grab the billboard from the end,in mid-air.Wait a minute...is it....snapping?

Oh for the love of...

Using all of my strength,I throw it upwards.It doesn't go very far,but it gives me some time.Turning back to the little boy,I fly down,and grab him,as the billboard falls back down.

It crashes behind us,as I fly him to a nearby street corner.Everyone in the streets looks at me,eyes widened...Which I'm still trying to get used to.

I spent years trying to fit in...trying to be as much like them as possible.Maybe that's the reason I like being Clark Kent more than I like being Superman.Because,at least then...I fit in.

The little boy,though,just smiles at me.

"Again!Again!"

I smile.Even though I just did the unimaginable,the little guy sees it as nothing more than a joyride.

"Sorry.Only one ride per customer."

Then,I leap into the sky,loosing gravity below me as I rocket towards The Baxter Building,where that robot still is.

...I'm really starting to hope Richards has a plan,for this.Because I'm running out of ideas.

But I can't give up.I won't.I'd rather die than turn my back on those that need me.Especially now...

The Question said:
Well, that was down right impressive.

But, we still have thw holw 'psychotic robot assasin' problem.

Mabey......

I skip over to Reed Richards.

"Hi. Now, you don't know me, and I don't know you. But I know your reputation. Your like a supr genius scientist. Couldn't you whip up an electromagnetic puls generator out of toothpicks, dental floss, and half a salmon?"

<Mister Fantastic>

Reed turned around to see Spider-man standing behind him. "Incredible how he got to the top floor of the Baxter Building so fast..." Reed thought. "Hmpf, Super Genious? If I was a super genious I wouldn't have lead my crew on a disaster mission" Reed turned his attention to the matters at hand.

"On the contrary, I know who you are...you are Spider-man. I am Reed Richards...pleasure to meet your acquaintance" Reed said stretching his arm out four of fight feet towards Spider-man for a handshake.

"An electromagnetic pulse generator is exactly what I had in mind" Reed said turning to reveal what he was working on. He was re-routing power from back up equipment in his lab to charge up the electromagnetic pulse

"And judging by your suggestion, I can hypothesize that your know your stuff about science as well. Can you connect the electromagnetic pulse generator to that last internal power supply while I adjust the magnetic frequency to the right level?" Reed said. "When the machine is fully powered and adjusted, one blast should short circuit the wiring in our grotesque metal friend"

"Hey Strech-o, ya nearly done? We got one heck of a problem going on here!" Thing said after he crashed into the top of the Baxter building.

"Nearly done" Reed replied "With Spider-mans help it should only take minutes before we can fire the pulse cannon. Don't go anywhere Ben, I am going to need you to move the cannon closer to the side of the building when its charged...I know its risky to wait...but we have to hope Superman can keep the robot distracted for a little while longer..."

"Right-o, skipper."

I grab the power cable and plug it into a nearby generator.

"And there ya' go. Try not to, you know, blow us up."

IC: Green Arrow

He stared at yet another piece of paperwork, in some kind of mishmash of jibberish and legalese. How many "party of the first part"s could there be? He let his pen fall to the desk, and leaned back. He'd much rather think about tonight's party than this interminable paper work. If he was honest with himself, he'd much rather be out there on the streets kicking the snot out of the corrupt and the evil.

He sighed. Perhaps a break was in order. He opened a drawer on his desk, retrieving a small black remote control. He pressed a button on it, and a large, flatscreen television descended from his office's ceiling. He flicked it to CNN, where they were covering some sort of battle in New York City. From the crawl at the bottom, he could tell it had started during Reed Richards' press conference, and several of the new "superheroes" had shown up. As he watched, he could see Richards' newly dubbed "Fantastic Four" swing into action, while the doctor himself and Spider-Man appeared to be working on something.

That's when he saw him. The Metropolis Marvel. He was nothing more then a flash of blue and red. The Superman. Ollie was amazed. As incredible as all of the new heroes were, there was something about that Superman.

He watched for a few moments longer, enthralled by the battle. It was... fantastic. Here these people were, with powers and abilities he could only dream of, and they were defending people. He almost cried at the sight of it. Here they were, this group of people who wielded incredible powers, and they used it in service to other people. It was a vindication of everything Olliver Queen believed in.

He felt a stirring within him, a great desire to be there, to help out. He didn't have any powers, but still the urge was there. He made a mental note to make sure that Queen Industries would be chief in the relief and aid efforts to help New York after this bizarre attack. Green Arrow might not be able to help those people, but Olliver Queen was damn sure going to.

In the midst of this reverie, his phone beeped. Reacting with a start, Ollie muted his television and picke dup his phone. "Yes, Shirley, what is it?"
"Sorry to interrupt your break Mr. Queen," she said, "but there's a Ms. Diana Prince for you. She says a mutual acquaintance told her to contact you."

The memory of that night came back to him. Diana... That ravishing, statuesque body. Those piercing blue eyes, that perfect face, that jet-black hair. The fire that burned in her eyes.

The way he could finally show up Stark and Wayne and Luthor.

He grinned. "Thanks, Shirley, I'll take it from here." With the press of a button, he was connected. "Diana?" he inquired.
"Who else could it be?"
She sounded... tense. A little angry. His curiosity was piqued, once again, by this strange and beautiful woman. "Arrow's told me a lot about you, Diana,and you sound like just the girl I've been looking for."
He heard a sigh on the other end of the line. "And what exactly is that, Mr. Queen?" she said sharply.
"A beautiful, intelligent woman. What do you say to dinner, my place, six o'clock tonight? Afterwards, you are of course invited as my date to my big gala party tonight, starting roughly around nine."

(IC: The Joker)

He works.

In the dark.

Surrounded by nothing but silence and shadows.

And a 36 year old mother of two tied up and cryong in the corner.

"P...please. Let me go. I..."

"That's it with you, isn't it? 'whine whine whine whine WHINE!' Good lord, doesn't anyone today have some common courtosy?"

She returns to her quiet whimpers and sobs, ans he continues to work over a table coverent in bottles and chemicals. He takes a bottle, purs the contents into an already half full glass jar, and quickly screws on the top. He then takes out a cigarete lighter, lights it, and puts it under the jar. The liquids begin to bubble and the glass fogs up. Soon, the conconction shanges it's color to a sickly green.

"Excellent."

He steps over to the woman and kneels down beside her.

"My dear, I'd like you to sample a new fragrance I've just concocted. I call it, Smylex."

"What are you...."

He puts on a white spore mask, put the jar in front of the women's nose, and unscrews the cap. Vapors rise from the jar and into the woman's nose as she breaths.

"Please, d...heh. I...heheh. You...I...heheheheheheheheh....hehehehahahahaha.....hahahahAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!'

She wriths in agony as her lips peel back into a grotesque smile. Her laughter increases in volume until one can feel the vibrations in their very bones. Tears begin to role down her cheeks as her body begins to spasm violently. All the while, she laughs.

And then, quite suddenly, it all stops. She stops laughing, and her body goes limp. She colapses to the griund, dead. But, the haunting smile still remains. The man stands up, takes off his mask, and looks at his reflection on the glass jar in his hand.

"Joker, old boy, yer gonna knock 'em dead!"

(IC: The Joker)

He works.

In the dark.

Surrounded by nothing but silence and shadows.

And a 36 year old mother of two tied up and cryong in the corner.

"P...please. Let me go. I..."

"That's it with you, isn't it? 'whine whine whine whine WHINE!' Good lord, doesn't anyone today have some common courtosy?"

She returns to her quiet whimpers and sobs, ans he continues to work over a table coverent in bottles and chemicals. He takes a bottle, purs the contents into an already half full glass jar, and quickly screws on the top. He then takes out a cigarete lighter, lights it, and puts it under the jar. The liquids begin to bubble and the glass fogs up. Soon, the conconction shanges it's color to a sickly green.

"Excellent."

He steps over to the woman and kneels down beside her.

"My dear, I'd like you to sample a new fragrance I've just concocted. I call it, Smylex."

"What are you...."

He puts on a white spore mask, put the jar in front of the women's nose, and unscrews the cap. Vapors rise from the jar and into the woman's nose as she breaths.

"Please, d...heh. I...heheh. You...I...heheheheheheheheh....hehehehahahahaha.....hahahahAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!'

She wriths in agony as her lips peel back into a grotesque smile. Her laughter increases in volume until one can feel the vibrations in their very bones. Tears begin to role down her cheeks as her body begins to spasm violently. All the while, she laughs.

And then, quite suddenly, it all stops. She stops laughing, and her body goes limp. She colapses to the griund, dead. But, the haunting smile still remains. The man stands up, takes off his mask, and looks at his reflection on the glass jar in his hand.

"Joker, old boy, yer gonna knock 'em dead!"

LibrarianThorne said:
IC: Green Arrow

He grinned. "Thanks, Shirley, I'll take it from here." With the press of a button, he was connected. "Diana?" he inquired.
"Who else could it be?"
She sounded... tense. A little angry. His curiosity was piqued, once again, by this strange and beautiful woman. "Arrow's told me a lot about you, Diana,and you sound like just the girl I've been looking for."
He heard a sigh on the other end of the line. "And what exactly is that, Mr. Queen?" she said sharply.
"A beautiful, intelligent woman. What do you say to dinner, my place, six o'clock tonight? Afterwards, you are of course invited as my date to my big gala party tonight, starting roughly around nine."

He wasn't even trying to alter his voice much, it was obvious that I was speaking with the "Green Arrow" himself, but I wasn't going to let him know that.

"That sounds pleasant, what is the addresss?"

He gives me the directions, amid lewd comments that I will probably make him pay for later on, and after a quick shower, I was on my way to Oliver Queen's mansion.

By the time I reach the scene,I can already tell I've been gone too long.

The one they reffered to as 'The Human Torch' is flying around the robot's head,trying to distract it.But,like nearly everyone who's tried to engage the robot in combat,He's swatted away like an insect.As he crashes into a hotdog vendor,His flames distinguish.

The one they're calling 'The Invisible Woman' is trying her best to control the situation aswell,but without the other three's help,it doesn't seem like she's succeeding.

Ever since this robot has shown up,New York City has been damaged,it's citizen's lives have been put in danger,and it's heroes have tried and failed to stop it's destructive power.

This madness ends.Now.Before anyone or anything else can be harmed.

I look around,trying to weigh out my options.Punching it hasn't done me any good,so far.So...Maybe I need an aid,of some sort.

And as luck would have it,I notice a street lamp that was knocked over,at some point during the attack.I float down to it,and lift it up amongst the glass,gravel,and other debris caused by the damage to the streets.

I don't know if it'll do any actual damage to the robot...especially considering nothing else really has,but...It wouldn't hurt to try.Except me,probably...if it fails.But I'm willing to take that chance.

Lifting the street lamp over my shoulder,I force myself back into flight,and fly straight at the robot,who's about to attack Susan Storm,it seems.

"Excuse me."

The robot stops,and turns it's head towards me.

"I believe you dropped this."

Without even another thought,I take the street lamp,and smash it across the robot's face,as if I were hitting a baseball.Not even giving it another chance to attack,I swing the opposite way,hitting it again.

I repeat this for what feels like minutes,backing the robot away from any people near the sight,as I continue to bash it across the face with the street lamp.

As the bashes become more rapid,the street lamp starts to bend.I'm afraid I can't keep this up for very long...considering the robots armor seems to be doing more damage to the street lamp,rather than the other way around.

And then,it happens.The street lamp breaks in half,leaving me with half of a broken metal pole,and very few options.

Throwing the pole at the robots face,to distract it for a second,I go back into my cycle of punching it,repeatadly,so I can try and keep it from attacking me.

Richards,or any of the other heroes need to hurry up with whatever they're doing...I can't keep this up forever,by myself.Even I have my limitations.

SuperFerret said:
He wasn't even trying to alter his voice much, it was obvious that I was speaking with the "Green Arrow" himself, but I wasn't going to let him know that.

"That sounds pleasant, what is the addresss?"

He gives me the directions, amid lewd comments that I will probably make him pay for later on, and after a quick shower, I was on my way to Oliver Queen's mansion.

He was relaxing in his lounge. The last he'd heard, the battle still raged in New York City, but he hadn't the time to worry about that now. Not with everything going on tonight. In the mortning, he would see what he could do.

He checked his watch, anxiously. It was nearly five thirty. Diana ould be arriving--
There was the loud, clamorous sound of his doorbell. He heard the feet of his butler, Thomas, as he walked swiftly across the mansion and opened the door. Moments later, he appeared in the entrance to the lounge.

The room itself was spacious, and specially decorated for the party tonihgt. Large, old leather chairs were spaced around the room, and Olliver Queen was sitting in on, gazing into the distance as Thomas appeared.
"Sir, miss Diana Prince to see you."
"Ah, yes. Thank you, Thomas, show her in."

Scant seconds later, she strode in, and just as it had been the night he met her, Olliver Queen's breath was taken away. She was wearing a simple black dress, but with her gorgeous, amazing body, he was still speechless. Recovering quickly, Ollie stood and walked to her, a smile on his face.
"Diana, so good to finally meet you. You may leave now, Thomas. Oh, and make sure Stark's drinks are ready. I won't have him talking about week drinks at my parties."
He turned his attention back to the stunning woman in front of him. There was an air of grace and dignity about her, and then he recalled that she had said she was royalty. He bowed deeply. "Welcome to my humble abode, your highness." He stood, and straightened his suit. It was a deep shade of black, accented by his green silk shirt and white tie. He really did hate wearing suits, but sometimes events dictated what he would wear. He did have the forethought to have his Green Arrow costume on underneath his suit. He was following too many cases, and he needed to be ready to make a quick exit. He had placed his quiver behind a secret panel in the entrance to the lobby. Should he need to make a quick change and exit the party, he would be ready. Toinght would be the perfect night to nail some of the more corrupt invitees to his party. Particularly, the Star City Chief of Police would be in attendance, and what better way to rid corruption from the force than expose it publically? He was hoping that all the media attention would put Star City under more scrutiny, aiding him in his fight against the corruption that ate at his city like a cancer.

But these dark thoughts would have to be put on hold, for a little while at least. "Come in and sit down, let's talk for a while, shall we?"

Present Day
Deep in the artic.

A Luthor Corp research submarine is doing some research.

"Hey general, here are the readouts you requested. It looks like everything is in order."

"Excellent! Mr. Luthor will be quite pleased to know that our research has been better than expected. Who knew we could find rare metal, here in the half frozen Artic Ocean!"

"Sir...we have something weird showing up on our infared and sonar maps."

"What is it Johnson?"

"It looks to be some type of cave or underwater cavern."

"Interesting....have a team assemble at once. We must explore this cave. We may be able to further our research even more by studying this cavern."

"Yes sir!" He turns on the P.A. system. "Attention, all members of search squad 'A' please suit up and report to the control room immediatly."

-Several minutes later-

"Alright men, we don't know what we might encounter in this cavern. All we know is that we were only apble to detect it because the water level has happened to lower because of various environmental influences. Once we surface, we are going to get into that cave and see what we can find."

"Sir, we are surfaced and ready to disembark."

"Excellent, let's go!"

The crew enters the cave.

"Well sir, unless we find anything, this isn't gonna be exciting, all I see is ice."

The team turns around a corner, only to find a dead end wall of frost coverd ice.

"Well, it looks like this trip was for nothing, we might as well get back and get warmed up."

They begin to turn around.

"Not so fast you all! Johnson, wipe some of that frost away, towards the center of that ice wall."

"Yes sir, whatever you say."

Johnson begins to wipe away the frost when the sees a face right in front of him in the ice.

"AHHHHhhhh! What the Hell?!? There is somebody trapped in there."

"Wipe the rest of the frost away, so we can get a better look at him."

- A minute later, with all the frost removed-

"It can't be. Do you all know who that is? Its Captain America!! Mr. Luthor is going to be very pleased indeed!"

<BOOSTER GOLD>

I'm sitting in a homeless shelter.

Call me crazy, but I didn't think this would be the world I was going back in time to.

It's the fact that there are all these damn heroes that I don't recognise. It just doesn't make sense.

How did I jump dimensions? HOW?!

The time dilation device should have just made me appear in the past.

It got the time right, just not the place.

Stupid piece of...

The news suddenly blares over the hustle of the shelter as someone turns up the volume on the television.

Superman... fighting a robot.

And the others... the new one... are helping him.

I need to get out of here.

I need to help.

I rush to the door, only to be stopped by a man in a security suit.

"Sorry son, but there's a battle going on out there... you don't want no part of that. specially in your jammies"

I stare at the guy.

This just isn't my week!

Master Bruce said:
By the time I reach the scene,I can already tell I've been gone too long.

The one they reffered to as 'The Human Torch' is flying around the robot's head,trying to distract it.But,like nearly everyone who's tried to engage the robot in combat,He's swatted away like an insect.As he crashes into a hotdog vendor,His flames distinguish.

The one they're calling 'The Invisible Woman' is trying her best to control the situation aswell,but without the other three's help,it doesn't seem like she's succeeding.

Ever since this robot has shown up,New York City has been damaged,it's citizen's lives have been put in danger,and it's heroes have tried and failed to stop it's destructive power.

This madness ends.Now.Before anyone or anything else can be harmed.

I look around,trying to weigh out my options.Punching it hasn't done me any good,so far.So...Maybe I need an aid,of some sort.

And as luck would have it,I notice a street lamp that was knocked over,at some point during the attack.I float down to it,and lift it up amongst the glass,gravel,and other debris caused by the damage to the streets.

I don't know if it'll do any actual damage to the robot...especially considering nothing else really has,but...It wouldn't hurt to try.Except me,probably...if it fails.But I'm willing to take that chance.

Lifting the street lamp over my shoulder,I force myself back into flight,and fly straight at the robot,who's about to attack Susan Storm,it seems.

"Excuse me."

The robot stops,and turns it's head towards me.

"I believe you dropped this."

Without even another thought,I take the street lamp,and smash it across the robot's face,as if I were hitting a baseball.Not even giving it another chance to attack,I swing the opposite way,hitting it again.

I repeat this for what feels like minutes,backing the robot away from any people near the sight,as I continue to bash it across the face with the street lamp.

As the bashes become more rapid,the street lamp starts to bend.I'm afraid I can't keep this up for very long...considering the robots armor seems to be doing more damage to the street lamp,rather than the other way around.

And then,it happens.The street lamp breaks in half,leaving me with half of a broken metal pole,and very few options.

Throwing the pole at the robots face,to distract it for a second,I go back into my cycle of punching it,repeatadly,so I can try and keep it from attacking me.

Richards,or any of the other heroes need to hurry up with whatever they're doing...I can't keep this up forever,by myself.Even I have my limitations.

Superman - again! Lex Luthor let out a snarl of frustration. What would it take to get this nuisance out of his way? Luthor opened up his desk, taking out a large pair of glove-like metal gauntlets and a helmet complete with VR visor. He activated each piece of equipment before putting them on his head and hands. Now he would see what the robot saw, and the robot would move as he moved.

"If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

The truth was that the programming of a machine, no matter how advanced, would never be a match for the human instinct of a mind as brilliant as Luthor's. Enough with the keypad commands - Luthor was going to take direct control of this robot.

Standing up from his desk and walking to the middle of the room, Luthor decided that the first course of action was to get rid of Superman. he could deal with Richards later. This invader wanted to trade punches with a Lexcorp battle-robot? So be it.

Luthor began swinging left and right hooks, wildly trying to catch Superman with a direct hit.

"Stay still, damnit!"

<Captain Marvel>

“Please somebody, somebody help!”

Soaring above the city, Captain Marvel heard her cries; he darted out of the sky and saw a burning house with a young woman dressed only in a dirty dressing gown standing worryingly away from it. Marvel landed beside her.

“Who’s still in there Miss”? He asked.

“My husband he went in after my son”. The woman turned to looked at Marvel and he was gone, then she slowly rose her head and saw him floating above.

Marvel lent back then propelled himself forward with both fists out. He smashed though the brick wall with ease.

With tears in her eyes the woman looked up. Nothing. She could hear the fire trucks siren in the distance, but was it already too late. Suddenly and explosion blasted half the house roof away. The woman put her hands to her face and wept.

“Kate its ok” She looked up and floating down was her husband holding with baby nestled in his arms, Marvel held his shoulder and lowered him to the ground.

“Oh thank you, thank you. You saved my family.” She softies kissed him on the cheeks.

“That’s ok Miss, I mean Madam. Just doing my job.”

Keyser Soze said:
Superman - again! Lex Luthor let out a snarl of frustration. What would it take to get this nuisance out of his way? Luthor opened up his desk, taking out a large pair of glove-like metal gauntlets and a helmet complete with VR visor. He activated each piece of equipment before putting them on his head and hands. Now he would see what the robot saw, and the robot would move as he moved.

"If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

The truth was that the programming of a machine, no matter how advanced, would never be a match for the human instinct of a mind as brilliant as Luthor's. Enough with the keypad commands - Luthor was going to take direct control of this robot.

Standing up from his desk and walking to the middle of the room, Luthor decided that the first course of action was to get rid of Superman. he could deal with Richards later. This invader wanted to trade punches with a Lexcorp battle-robot? So be it.

Luthor began swinging left and right hooks, wildly trying to catch Superman with a direct hit.

"Stay still, damnit!"

The robot begins swinging at me.I move as fast as I can,trying to avoid it's hits.

Something's...different.

It's like it's moving faster...more controlled...more...well,humanly,than it has been.Like someone else is controlling it...

As I think that,the robot finally lands a good punch in.If I weren't nearly indestructable,I'd make a good bet that it would've broken my nose.However,the blow does just enough to send me back,into not one,but two cars.

Needless to say,it doesn't feel very pleasant.

As I try to get up,I see the robot running towards me.That's...new.Something is definatley wrong,here.

Taking the car infront of me,I throw it at the robot's head.Realising that it didn't work beforehand,when Ben Grimm tried it,I get an idea.

Rocketing towards the robot,I slam the car into it's face,before it can fall to the ground.Then,before it can move,I look up at the sky,feeling the burning sensation building up inside my eyes.

Then,it happens.

I look down at the robot,and fire a HUGE blast of my laser vision.The robot flails it's arms,trying to get me off,but I keep at it for as long as I can,melting the car to the robot's face.

If my guess is correct,and someone is controlling it,no doubt they're watching this through the robot somehow.Well...I think it's about time I cut off the transmission.

Finally,though,despite my efforts,the robot punches me.This one isn't as bad,as I'm still in the same spot I was,but then he punches me again,sending me into the window of a nearby clothing store.

I look up at the frightened store clerks,as I brush the glass off of me.

"I apologise for the window."

Without another word,I fly out of the store,and back towards the robot once again.

...Wait a minute.

Something occurs to me,and I stop.There's one power that I haven't tried.And,if it works...this entire battle would've been a waste of time.

Continuing to fly towards the thing,as it still tries to swing at me,while the melted car parts still stick to it's face,I take in a deep breath.

I've rarely used this power.Mainly because I've never really found a need for it.But...I think it might come in handy,at this point.

Then,I blow at it.It's some some of 'Freezing Breath',if you will,as my breath begins to turn to a cold steam,covering the robot.

Hopefully the robot isn't strong enough to resist this.If it is,though...at the very least,it should slow the thing down.

...For a brief period.Come on,Richards...There isn't much time.

I stop blowing at it,and look as the steam clears.The robot is frozen.Maybe even permanently.

Then,the ice starts to crack.I frown.

And just when I thought I had him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"