Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME : Appreciation Thread

2010 seems about right to me. I would love it if they could get it out by 2009, but considering the strike and Bay wanting to do another movie in between makes that seem unlikely.
I'd rather wait an extra year than get a rushed, half ass made movie that makes SciFi channel movies seem good by comparison.

And for the record, Welker's voice seems much to grating to me and I'm glad they went with Weaving even though you couldn't tell it was him.

>^..^<

TF_imax.JPG

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6301

AWESOME!!!!! :trans:

Well the writers strike shouldn't affect the production per say, should it? My thinking is, if a script is written within the next six months or so, the movie can well be into production by next summer. Then they can work on post-production effects for the next year or so, giving us a summer 2009 release. It was only 2 years between Spidey 1 and 2. I remember they were already working on the train sequence of Spidey 2 at the end of the very same year Spidey 1 had came out, so with planning, it is possible to get a sequel out in 2 years.

Yeah if they had a outline written or at least a good idea of what the story would be I would agree that we could get something in 2 years, but at this point they don't which sucks because I want to see TF2 now :woot:

I'd rather wait an extra year than get a rushed, half ass made movie that makes SciFi channel movies seem good by comparison.

And for the record, Welker's voice seems much to grating to me and I'm glad they went with Weaving even though you couldn't tell it was him.

>^..^<

I agree, I think a 3 year wait is just fine, let them take the time to come up with a good story, new bots, and even better CGI, I don't want a rushed movie (I.E. Rise of the Silver Surfer - could have been so much better) Also when it does come, everyone will be more than ready to see it.

Did anyone else love Prime's spot of building surfing after he catches Sam falling from the roof of the building? :woot:

Yes, yes, yes! That was great, OP running on the roof tops telling Sam to hang on, catching Sam as he fell and then he and Megatron surfing down the buildings before they battle it out, it was great :woot:

I think Weaving's performance was solid, but his voice didn't really appeal to me. I think Welker could've pulled it off if given the chance, and it would've been nice to have seen him and Cullen going at it again. Here's hoping he's cast as Soundwave in the sequel.

Welkers voice always seemed a bit weak to me, especially for someone who was meant to be such a bad-ass. Weaving's voice just sounds rougher and more evil to me.

>^..^<

Agreed, i'd be much happier to wait longer if it meant the movie was good and not rushed.

Yes, yes, yes! That was great, OP running on the roof tops telling Sam to hang on, catching Sam as he fell and then he and Megatron surfing down the buildings before they battle it out, it was great :woot:

Yeah I LOVED that part, one of the best in the movie IMO and the CGI was seamless, awesome OP scene.

Yeah I LOVED that part, one of the best in the movie IMO and the CGI was seamless, awesome OP scene.

That is really what shocked me more than anything else is just how good the CGI was, it was perfect IMO, nothing looked fake, everything looked like it was actually in the right spot, the scene with OP and Bonecrusher, look at some of the still pic's and it ACTUALLY looks like the two of them are on the Freeway......Just amazing!

Welkers voice always seemed a bit weak to me, especially for someone who was meant to be such a bad-ass. Weaving's voice just sounds rougher and more evil to me.

I think Welker's voice probably would've gotten just as much of an effects treatment as Weaving's voice did, which could've given his voice the needed boost. Still, I hope Welker does get a voice role in the sequel, hopefully as Soundwave.

That is really what shocked me more than anything else is just how good the CGI was, it was perfect IMO, nothing looked fake, everything looked like it was actually in the right spot, the scene with OP and Bonecrusher, look at some of the still pic's and it ACTUALLY looks like the two of them are on the Freeway......Just amazing!

I know, EVERYTHING looked seamless, there were literally only 1 or maybe 2 parts which looked like obvious CGI to me.

Prime running on top of the building and the helicopter just missing him was awesome as well.

I think Welker's voice probably would've gotten just as much of an effects treatment as Weaving's voice did, which could've given his voice the needed boost. Still, I hope Welker does get a voice role in the sequel, hopefully as Soundwave.

I think he will return as Soundwave, but at this point, i'm glad HV was Megatron.

i loved it where OP is driving along and sees bonecrusher charging at him and within seconds of the meeting the heads on the floor and hes like....hmmmm wonder how im gonna get back to the city....but the thing is the way he looked around was as if he was looking for someone else.....barricade perhaps?

maybe on a dvd version theyll have a deleted scene with barricade trying to jump OP and he gets pwned too....that would be cool

----------------OMG PRIME RULE'S------nice thread new to this one the only part i did not like in transformers was when it was over wan't'ed more......

Yeah when it was over I wanted more also :woot: Prime was the best!

Did anyone else love Prime's spot of building surfing after he catches Sam falling from the roof of the building? :woot:
That was great. He does it when he goes after Bonecrusher, after trowing him from the overpass. Well, he throws himself at a pillar and grabs hold of it to control his drop and fall on his feet, so he can kick ass or in Bonecrusher's case, chop head. Many people complain that the battle between OP and Megatron was a bit onesided and Optimus looks weak but if there is any doubt that OP is badass in battle,the Bunecrusher sequence should end them.Its quick because OP doesn't hold any punches there and ends it fast and clean.

i dont think OP was weak in that fight against Megatron.After every attack he got back up,he was quicker off the draw in the shoot out, he got dragged through a building no worries and continued to fight. The guy was tough. I think the reason he held back was cos he would need to move around fluidly (like against bonecrusher) and beat Megatron down but didnt want to harm humans. when he fought bonecrusher they were under the road and therefore him moving about wouldnt have hurt anyone.

Exactly. If there were no humans around Prime would've kick Megatron's arse.

That was great. He does it when he goes after Bonecrusher, after trowing him from the overpass. Well, he throws himself at a pillar and grabs hold of it to control his drop and fall on his feet, so he can kick ass or in Bonecrusher's case, chop head. Many people complain that the battle between OP and Megatron was a bit onesided and Optimus looks weak but if there is any doubt that OP is badass in battle,the Bunecrusher sequence should end them.Its quick because OP doesn't hold any punches there and ends it fast and clean.

I preferred him doing it in the city though, it just looked cooler.

Plus i agree, he finished off Bonecrusher like he was nothing, awesome Prime scene.

i dont think OP was weak in that fight against Megatron.After every attack he got back up,he was quicker off the draw in the shoot out, he got dragged through a building no worries and continued to fight. The guy was tough. I think the reason he held back was cos he would need to move around fluidly (like against bonecrusher) and beat Megatron down but didnt want to harm humans. when he fought bonecrusher they were under the road and therefore him moving about wouldnt have hurt anyone.

Possibly, we need them to have a fight in the sequel were Prime can cut loose to prove this theory, but i agree, everytime he was smacked, he got straight back up.

Exactly. If there were no humans around Prime would've kick Megatron's arse.

Well Megatron was no pushover in G1, and in the movie he seems even tougher, its possible he was just stronger than Prime, but we'll hopefully see in a re-match.

I agree 100%, in a open space, Prime will win.

Idon't think he was weak but i've read a lot of post complaining that he got creamed and how he gets his thunder stolen by "the little human kid that kills the bad guy". That's no MY opinion. I agree with the general consensus that he held back because he was looking out for the humans around. Megatron seems more powerful because he doesn't care about us and lets it rip-perfect example is the scene after he and Optimus crash from the building and he just flicks that poor guy against a car and says "Hu! Disgusting!".But when it comes down to it, they are both the biggest, badest bots around and a full fledged battle between them would be quite a sight.

Idon't think he was weak but i've read a lot of post complaining that he got creamed and how he gets his thunder stolen by "the little human kid that kills the bad guy". That's no MY opinion. I agree with the general consensus that he held back because he was looking out for the humans around. Megatron seems more powerful because he doesn't care about us and lets it rip-perfect example is the scene after he and Optimus crash from the building and he just flicks that poor guy against a car and says "Hu! Disgusting!".But when it comes down to it, they are both the biggest, badest bots around and a full fledged battle between them would be quite a sight.

I agree, OP held back to protect the humans, Megatron looks at the human race as insects and does not care about them so he can go full out and fight, I am sure we will see a full out Prime vs Megatron fight in one of the TF films.

Here's my problem with the "protecting humans" theory. The very fact that it is a theory. Not once did the film makers make a concious effort of depicting that. not once. They showed a really good example of ironhide protecting the girl in the blue from getting smushed by him, but prime just fought regularly. The thing is, he didn't land a punch on megs. when you are getting your butt kicked by a guy at a bar and you are getting plummeled, you really can't help it if the other guy throws you around. you dont' really have a choice. Teh cartoon 86 movie is a perfect example of how OP was about to shoot megs but hotrod got in the way, and so he wasn't able to fight normal because he was protecting someone else. Taht was NOT depicted in this movie.

^^If you are one of those people that has to have everything spelled out for him/her in a movie then you are never going to enjoy a movie for the rest of your life. Occasionally, the film makers assume that their audience is smart enough to figure things out for themselves without having to spell it out for them. The fight between Optimus Prime and Megatron is one of those times.

>^..^<

^^If you are one of those people that has to have everything spelled out for him/her in a movie then you are never going to enjoy a movie for the rest of your life. Occasionally, the film makers assume that their audience is smart enough to figure things out for themselves without having to spell it out for them. The fight between Optimus Prime and Megatron is one of those times.

>^..^<

I'm not sure what your talking about, but i loved the movie. I thought it was a good adaption of the cartoon and hands-down the movie of the summer. I respectfully disagree with your last sentence again because all i wanted was an even fight between the two, and i disagree with the notion that he was protecting the people. I don't need everything spelled out for me (example, i thought the "i will sacrifice myself to destroy the cube" was laid on pretty thick). But saying that he was protecting humans and so he let megatron kick his ass is a huge assumption, and all i'm saying that is "he was protecting humans" was the case, then they just should have done a better job depicting it.

But for the record, I loved the movie. Don't go around calling people "not smart enough to enjoy a movie to read between the lines" because if anything your attack is against me and not the arguement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO9q_V-IOq4
i would have prefered this as the ending.

I'm not sure what your talking about, but i loved the movie. I thought it was a good adaption of the cartoon and hands-down the movie of the summer. I respectfully disagree with your last sentence again because all i wanted was an even fight between the two, and i disagree with the notion that he was protecting the people. I don't need everything spelled out for me (example, i thought the "i will sacrifice myself to destroy the cube" was laid on pretty thick). But saying that he was protecting humans and so he let megatron kick his ass is a huge assumption, and all i'm saying that is "he was protecting humans" was the case, then they just should have done a better job depicting it.

But for the record, I loved the movie. Don't go around calling people "not smart enough to enjoy a movie to read between the lines" because if anything your attack is against me and not the arguement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO9q_V-IOq4
i would have prefered this as the ending.

I think he as protecting the people around him, and he does get SOME hits on Megatron, if you look when the humans take out Blackout, in the background Prime does get some hits on Megatron.

Plus as others have pointed out, no matter how many times Megatron threw/beat, he still got straight back up everytime, indicating he has staying power and wasnt to hurt by Megatron. Hence why i feel he held back.

I think he as protecting the people around him, and he does get SOME hits on Megatron, if you look when the humans take out Blackout, in the background Prime does get some hits on Megatron.

Plus as others have pointed out, no matter how many times Megatron threw/beat, he still got straight back up everytime, indicating he has staying power and wasnt to hurt by Megatron. Hence why i feel he held back.

See...finally someone provided some arguement. I'm not saying i agree with you, but I see your point. The thing is, i wish those hits in the background were more prominent. That's what i thought all along, i don't think their intention was to sure the megs overpowering op, but the way the movie ended up being cut looked that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"