Orphan Black

Well, the Star Wars films aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so maybe she could give it another try. If anything, while she's already well-known with a huge fanbase, the Emmy win is sure to boost her name recognition.

Wasn't she at one point in contention for lead in Rogue One?

Not to slight anyone, but I think Tatiana is a better actor. I think she's shown that she could be "right" for just about ANY role.

I would love for her to go 2for2 but I doubt it. It took her this long, I dont see it happening again.

Well, this win will help the show get even more critical attention than it has been getting, and help make it a tad more main stream; which will equal more people lobbying for her to win next year.

Btw, it was weird seeing Art playing a gangster in Suicide Squad!

I was literally jumping up and down with excitement when they announced her name. I never get like that for awards. I was just so happy for her finally winning.

But yes, like others have said, I hope this gets her more recognition for high profile roles in Hollywood.

Not to slight anyone, but I think Tatiana is a better actor. I think she's shown that she could be "right" for just about ANY role.

I would debate that. I like Maslany, but I'm not upset with Felicity Jones having the lead role either as she's just as great of an actress, based on roles like in The Theory of Everything.

Yeah I'm not too upset with the Rogue one casting as I think Jones is just as talented. I'm thinking more along the lines of how she lost the Sarah Connor role to Clarke (who's a darling but obviously not as good as Maslany) but on hindsight that worked on Maslany's favor since the film sucked.

I get the feeling she's selective in what roles she takes, which is a good thing.

Yeah I'm not too upset with the Rogue one casting as I think Jones is just as talented. I'm thinking more along the lines of how she lost the Sarah Connor role to Clarke (who's a darling but obviously not as good as Maslany) but on hindsight that worked on Maslany's favor since the film sucked.

I didn't know she was up for that role. I would have found that movie more sufferable if she was in it. No offense to Clarke but her portrayal of Sarah Conner was not good as it could have been. It didn't help she was acting against Jai Courtney :csad:

Regarding losing out to good roles, it's also possible that despite being a great actress, Maslany gives bad auditions. Nothing wrong with that. It's just the way it is with some actors/actresses no matter how good they are. It can get frustrating especially with up and comers (like Maslany) who has to audition for everything but it stops being a problem once they're established and doesn't have to audition anymore. It really boils down to the directors on whether they will hire the actor/actress despite a bad audition if they know/have the intuition that they can still be good once the camera actually starts rolling.

looking back on it now, damn, Kiefer Sutherland couldn't even say her name right when he announced Tatiana as the nominee and the winner... "Tatania Maslanee"

I personally can't stand Felicity Jones and don't think she's half as talented as Tatiana, but I'm not to upset about the Rogue One thing either, partially because I feel there's a chance that might turn out to have been a blessing in disguise. Hopefully there's a great high-profile role for Tatiana still waiting out there.

I personally can't stand Felicity Jones and don't think she's half as talented as Tatiana, but I'm not to upset about the Rogue One thing either, partially because I feel there's a chance that might turn out to have been a blessing in disguise. Hopefully there's a great high-profile role for Tatiana still waiting out there.

I like Felicity, but Tatiana is a way better actress than her imo. I hope she will be a huge star in the near future.

It is quite common for an actor/actress to audition for one role, not get it, and then get another role within the same movie/movie-verse as a different character because of it. So the fact that they're planning all these SW spin offs puts her in a good place to eventually show up in one.

Just binged season 4. I didn't get the time to watch it as it aired, but oh my god this might have been the best season so far. This season was much tighter and really well-paced. There was so much great stuff with Cosima, Allison, Donnie, Helena and Krystal and I loved the focus on Beth. I'm so glad Tatiana won an Emmy finally. She deserves all the praise that she gets as does this show. It might be one of the best sci-fi shows on air right now. Can't wait for season 5. It's gonna be so bittersweet :csad:.

jCYxENZ.gif

http://orphanblack.tumblr.com/post/156938279639/orphanblack-welcome-to-the-final-trip-saturday

I can't wait for the last season! I'm going to a live table reading with the cast in March. That should be fun.
I've also recently started getting into making enamel pins and really want to do some OB ones. I sketched out a couple of the characters already. And then went a little further with the Sarah design and made it into a full blown illustration.

And the sketches of the others. (Alison is a drawing I did back in 2015)

Also, get hyped...

Last edited:
final season starts tonight.

So happy to have it back last night. I'm excited to see how it all ends, but don't want it to end.

Not gonna lie, Rachel with the syringe was making me all nervous...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"