Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me Michaelangelo looks like what 50 cent would as a turtle and Donatello reminds me of the rapper 2 Chainz haha

The cgi in this looks a LOT better than some of the cgi in the most recent Hobbit film. Those orcs looked and moved like a computer game.

The cgi in this looks a LOT better than some of the cgi in the most recent Hobbit film. Those orcs looked and moved like a computer game.

Ehh... doesn't beat Smaug.

tumblr_myivx3aGCN1sk6018o2_500.gif

I also feel "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", "Jurassic Park", the "Star Wars" prequels, "King Kong", and the "Lord of the Rings" movies have the best CGI. You watch those films and forget you're watching CGI characters. To be honest, these new Turtles will have the freedom and physicality to move, jump around, and do a lot more stuff, but with all that stuff on their shells and backs the believability of them to do and pull off all those things let alone their bulkiness and size leaves a lot to the imagination to be able to do all those things the trailer is having them doing. Then again, I compared these new Turtles to the Hulk and he can run really fast and jump really high despite his bulky size.

The turtles look fantastic.

Don't get complaints about them being ugly. They're giant turtles. When were they ever anything but?

Smaug was fantastic, the rest of the stuff was really ordinary.
They must have spent all the time doing him.
Not the best cgi of the Lord Of The Rings stuff at all

Don't get complaints about them being ugly. They're giant turtles. When were they ever anything but?

I don't get it either.

Great designs.

I honestly don't get it either. I like how this film looks genuinely. I'm excited to see it.

I don't really dislike the designs, but I do think they are a bit too oversized. I wouldn't mind it if they made one that big, I think it rather works with Raphael, or even Leonardo, but something about Michelangelo towering over humans seems a bit off to me.

That said, the CGI looks pretty good.

I don't really dislike the designs, but I do think they are a bit too oversized. I wouldn't mind it if they made one that big, I think it rather works with Raphael, or even Leonardo, but something about Michelangelo towering over humans seems a bit off to me.

That said, the CGI looks pretty good.

Between this new take on Shredder and the same approach to the other numerous mutants(some rumored to be in this very film). The size thing might not feel so out of place once things get going. Who knows.

I tend to filter all these things through disney's Gargoyles. They solved almost every one of these problems in this particular way. From formidable humans to armored villains to dressed mutants to super strength at times...etc. I love that show.

I posted a photo of the Shredder walking through the busted up wall and tagged the chick that plays Karai and asked if that was her dad. I got this in response: ":D". Take that as you will but I think they are related somehow either he adopted her or he is reincarnated naturally or by some magic Karai uses...thoughts?

I find it odd that no one's made the connection to that dude from the Technodrome forum who claimed to have seen this.

He says most of the 2nd act is with Raphael and April teaming up to save his brothers. In the new clip we see Raphael with all of his brother's weapons. Could be because they've been captured (which we know they are based off set photos) and Raphael and April
have their team up.

Maybe that dude actually saw the film and his review was legit.

I don't get it either.

Great designs.

Eh.. its happening at the other forum too lol.. Little kids with their Childish hulk Gifs taking the time to make fun of the film bc they know that there are people that feel passionate about it. Just ignore them. Some day they'll grow up. I think they look great too. The CGI is spot on so far.. I think when its done it will look better. I want a full trailer. I wish it wasn't labeled a " new" trailer and then got only 10 seconds of new footage, they are doing a good job teasing us but I think it would help dwindle down the skepticism if they put out a new solid intense trailer instead of a mostly recycled one. I hope they will next time. They look great though. The personalities seem on point, Love the skateboarding and I cant wait to see how they fight. I love all of these Hulk and Jar Jar analogies lol.. The internet is like cyber high school Full of a bunch of overly opinionated sheep cracking the same jokes over and over and over :funny: No one has seen the movie and NO ONE knows what or who the Turtles will be facing. Once again.. these characters ARE NOT REAL!! Just like Superman, Batman, Wolverine and Captain America but they can have exaggerated strength though ? lol. I forget that Marvel can do no wrong lol. I actually think Marvel films are bland but thats just me.. This film and Interstellar are first on my 2014 list

Last edited:
The Turtles looks absolutely great. I'm floored by those complaining about the CGI. It looks freaking incredible!

I find it odd that no one's made the connection to that dude from the Technodrome forum who claimed to have seen this.

He says most of the 2nd act is with Raphael and April teaming up to save his brothers. In the new clip we see Raphael with all of his brother's weapons. Could be because they've been captured (which we know they are based off set photos) and Raphael and April
have their team up.

Maybe that dude actually saw the film and his review was legit.

Can you send me a link to that?

Can you send me a link to that?

Allio? or Andrew? Anyone could have made that prediction..I highly doubt anyone has seen this film. There have been multiple claims like that.. Mostly people just trying to slander the film bc they have nothing better to do lol. Im curious to see it too though. If its the one where he claims that the Turtles were Teenage boys that worked at TCRI then im good. Already read that Crock of S***

Allio? or Andrew? Anyone could have made that prediction..I highly doubt anyone has seen this film. There have been multiple claims like that.. Mostly people just trying to slander the film bc they have nothing better to do lol. Im curious to see it too though. If its the one where he claims that the Turtles were Teenage boys that worked at TCRI then im good. Already read that Crock of S***

I read that one...it made no mention of Raphael with his brothers weapons, not that I remember anyway

Wow. I really like the new footage. Makes the trailer even more epic. The quick shots of all four of the TMNT really got my heart pounding and the shadowy shot of Shredder was very nice. I wonder what the chances are that I see that trailer before Amazing Spider-Man 2 tomorrow night? This is one I would really like to see on the big screen with a theater full of people.

I tagged her on instagram...she responded with a large smiley face

Nice... that's why I don't get why people also keep saying that they hate the story.. No one knows what surprises this movie will have.. I think they have a few for us : ) Also.. She is hot as hell

They were never giant turtles. I could forgive pretty much any design decision apart from the scale. It breaks SO many things with the turtles.

The Turtles were always only about 5 foot. They were (young) teenagers. They were fast, stealthy, and the little home-schooled underdogs to the foot. Their shells could protect them, but their skills were necessary for their survival.

Now they're 8 foot giant hulking beasts. How the hell are you meant to be stealthy at that size? I don't see why they even bother with ninjitsu when they can so massively over power anyone; Sure martial arts help you bring down larger opponents.. but the Foot can kick and punch these turtles all they want and not even move them, it'd be like hitting a wall.
How is Shredder going to even be a threat when they can just grab him by the foot and keep smashing him into walls? They could just sit on him. Problem solved. Do they have to have all their weapons custom made for their size? How do they even fit down manholes for a quick escape?

They were never giant turtles. I could forgive pretty much any design decision apart from the scale. It breaks SO many things with the turtles.

The Turtles were always only about 5 foot. They were (young) teenagers. They were fast, stealthy, and the little home-schooled underdogs to the foot. Their shells could protect them, but their skills were necessary for their survival.

Which is giant for a turtle.:cwink:

The height of the turtles has never been a an important detail to me.
It's not like it's something that's constantly referenced.
Do you have a problem with a 6'2 actor playing wolverine?

Last edited:
How is Shredder going to even be a threat when they can just grab him by the foot and keep smashing him into walls? They could just sit on him. Problem solved.

Well, from the looks of it Shredder uhm... I mean Eric, will be wearing some sort of power armor. So he can actually stand a chance against these Super Turtles.

To all those saying "I don't get why people are calling them ugly", well, despite the outrage of a few belligerent fans who never gave this a chance, I was quite excited for this reboot. Seeing new Mikey gets me all giddy every time he pops up, he's dead on (despite 8ft tall) but I am sorry... bad designs are bad designs. Donny is horrid. There's a difference between great CG and a great design, and as it stands the CG is in this is excellent, tubular, bossa nova. That doesn't change the fact that with Donny in particular there is so much going on that I just have to assume his yelling is anger because I can't see him properly emote in this brief glimpse because he's so bogged down with garbage--that's no good.

I get you might be able to, and that's rad. But his design is so disgusting that, yes, I could refrain from watching an entire movie (because it's just a movie and won't hinder my life) due to a character who makes me want to vomit each time they are on screen. I get they are gross human-turtle hybrids; but he's not a donkey man. I'm not paying to watch green massive donkey man. A design can make or break things unfortunately.

Also to those wanting to excuse the 8ft tall thing, as I have--that's great. It really is. I didn't mind it and still don't but stop trying to vehemently defend it. Ninjutsu is quite honestly... not a martial art (look this up) it is the art of nothingness and remaining nothingness. Most ninjas wouldn't even shout their names or wear colored bandannas, but on top of that at their size realistically they could not become ninjas. Most ninjas stood at a relatively small height and brought their weight down to about 130lbs. They were not muscular, they would not ultra-killing machines, they were small resourceful infiltration and escape artists. Being 8ft tall kind of compromises that. So while you can like/not mind it, it doesn't make a lick of sense in terms of them actually practicing the art of nothingness. Teenage Mutant Samurai Turtles? Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"