Part V (Spoiler Thread)

Vader at the end of the episode:

04491ed1866ee488a51ea46250ef1e9ea0274474.pnj
And as usual, Big V was right.

It's making Boba Fett look like a season of Barry but that's just me.
I'm enjoying the show a lot, but I also feel like I know why, and a lot of that is because this is something I am 1000% predisposed to like.

One thing this show is killing me with, is it's "first take" energy. Like Obi-Wan is just standing there during a wide shot, on a break from filming, but they are actually shooting the show. :funny:

Overall I’ve been enjoying the series. Maybe it’s the nostalgia. But we can all agree it’s better than Boba Fett, right?
I was just about to post that

It really falls into the problem with prequels where you know where its headed and the show does almost nothing in giving the viewer any new insight. This would have been a lot more manageable if it was a tight movie where things are moving much faster.

"I have been watching you, Third Sister. I know what it is you seek. Prove yourself, and the position of Grand Inquisitor is yours."

— Vader, in 1x03.
Now we know how Vader meant that. He didn’t actually say what Reva wanted, just let her come to the wrong conclusion, like how the Emperor promised the separatists in ROTS that he was sending Vader to "take care" of them.

Reactions: Bim
I really wish Ewan would stop playing Obi-wan like he's Halston (great NFLX series btw).

"Just so we are clear. That's ANAKIN SKYWALKER'S son. Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight."

Haha the entire time I'm thinking, my dude if you have to leave a message use coded language or encrypt it. It's not like he thought Obi-Wan was on vacation at the beach.

I just hope, that Vader doesn’t visit Tatooine again. Not because he doesn’t like sand, but also for honoring Shmi‘s sacrifice, that Anakin never has to visit that planet again.
Also it won’t make much sense, if Vader never tried to find Kenobi on Tatooine again the following 10 years

This scene alone is better then most things disney has done with the SW franchise. Great sound design also.

Well, that's your opinion.
My opinion is that that scene is one of the worst scenes in the absolutely worst film of the entire saga.

I don't actually want this to turn into some sort of war, but I'm so sick and tired of seeing this whole "Disney is ruining Star Wars!" thing. It's exhausting.

Well, that's your opinion.
My opinion is that that scene is one of the worst scenes in the absolutely worst film of the entire saga.

I don't actually want this to turn into some sort of war, but I'm so sick and tired of seeing this whole "Disney is ruining Star Wars!" thing. It's exhausting.
Thats okay. There are cool things in the SW stuff from Disney. But i dont know, it also lacks something most of the time, cant put my finger on it.

Last edited:
I went into Obi Wan without expectations.

I wasn't anticipating the idea of a Kenobi show or film , and I didn't build up ideas for what I wanted to see and what I felt needed to be in it.
So I went in cold in alot of ways

For me, the show has largely worked and has been enjoyable.

It's still flawed, but I really don't have the dislike or disappointment with it that others have.
I've liked it as much as I liked Mandalorian.

I've been pretty critical of some of the creative choices made in the Disney era, but I definitely consider this among the better outputs of theirs so far.

Yeah, after Blowba Fett and the abysmal prequels, my expectations for this show were pretty much in the cellar. But overall I’ve enjoyed it. It has plenty of flaws but I’m enjoying it a lot more than any of Ewan’s previous appearances as Obi-Wan.

I've enjoyed moments Obi Wan, but overall... I may have been expecting too much from it. Episode 5 has been the only one I would say I enjoyed throughout most of it, but it still had some head scratching moments...

One thing George Lucas did, is explore new planets, had different ship designs, new species in every film. Disney just seems to retread a lot of stuff... and it gets old after awhile. I'm tired of sand planets lol. Seems like there's more humans than aliens in the galaxy now too.

George also would push new technology... I don't think Lucasfilm really does that as much now (correct me if I'm wrong)

I can't wait until they completely move away from the Skywalker saga honestly lol.

And AOTC was always the weakest in the Lucas films to me... but I'd take that over some of the new Star Wars... (I do love that scene shared above, seeing Coruscant like that was so awesome.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"