Part V (Spoiler Thread)

UGHHHHHHHHHH you know what I mean. She's the first to use it in live-action SW / semantics.

Legit not trying to dog pile but the episode Baby Yoda used the healing powers aired a day before Rise Of Skywalker officially released in theaters for the general audience. I suppose you can say critic screenings for TROS were seen before the episode aired but yeah from the mass audience perspective Baby Yoda did it first.

Legit not trying to dog pile but the episode Baby Yoda used the healing powers aired a day before Rise Of Skywalker officially released in theaters for the general audience. I suppose you can say critic screenings for TROS were seen before the episode aired but yeah from the mass audience perspective Baby Yoda did it first.
And tried to do it in the second episode. We just didn't realize that then.

you could maybe argue that sith have an unnatural ability to survive death but Reva got stabbed as young jedi in the stomach so shes been stabbed twice now in vital organs about 10 years apart.

It just calls into question if Disney even understands the property they paid Lucas 5 billion for. Just last episode obiwan wacked a trooper twice in the chest and his sabre bounced off but in this episode he stabbed one right in the stomach.

That wasn't Reva. She said she played dead.

I saw TROS first... with a 7 or 9pm showing.

Same with how yesterday wasn't the anniversary for Batman Begins, it was two days earlier (for me) with those Wednesday midnight showings from 2005.

Great episode.

Not gonna lie, I smiled way too much when Cube Jr's giant bowcaster shot green bolts, ala Dark Forces.

Good to see all that hand wringing over continuity and the Grand Inquisitor was for nothing. Vader going through the Jabiim base sort of made thing that was what we could have seen in ESB.

I did love Vader playing with Reva. That was fun in showing just how outmatched she was.

Great episode.

Not gonna lie, I smiled way too much when Cube Jr's giant bowcaster shot green bolts, ala Dark Forces.

Good to see all that hand wringing over continuity and the Grand Inquisitor was for nothing. Vader going through the Jabiim base sort of made thing that was what we could have seen in ESB.

I did love Vader playing with Reva. That was fun in showing just how outmatched she was.

All of the force lightsaber "holds" was like watching a cat play with a mouse.

It's great to see Episode 2 era as if they never aged. I wish there was a series that takes place around the time of Attack of the Clones or do Clone Wars.

Darth Vader shows why he is the true Lord of the Sith.

Also... was there another hanger behind that hanger? Because, I don't think we saw a second ship until after Vader destroyed the first one - I need to rewatch it to make sure. Seemed almost as weird as the whole Chewie was on another transport.

Yep there was the second ship there in the hanger the whole time, could see it clearly during that whole scene.

I'd hope not.
mickey-mouse-awkward-laugh.gif

Easily the best episode so far and honestly this show should have been more of what this episode was. Loved the flashback stuff and Vader being a badass towards the end. Not focusing more on the relationship dynamic between Anakin and Ben was a huge, missed opportunity IMO. They could have built up some real tension between those two so that when we finally see them meet again after all these years it might have actually felt impactful but doing this so late in the game just feels like a waste of potential.

I also still don't get how Reeve is still alive or how she survived Order 66. I mean maybe they'll explain it, but there are enough unanswered questions already in this show so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm actually a bit bummed that Indira Varma's character is gone as well since I really liked her.
The Grand Inquisitor told us how Reva survived Order 66. The same way he survived Reva stabbing him. The same way Anakin survived his injuries on Mustafar. The same way Maul survived being cut in half. A desire for revenge. Which fed into her connection to the Force which kept her going.

These aren't normal people. They have the Force and it is enhanced with emotion and focus. And revenge creates a strong focus and a lot of emotions.

I think this episode really demonstrates just how much Vader holds back when he fights Luke in ESB and ROTJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bim
I saw TROS first... with a 7 or 9pm showing.

Same with how yesterday wasn't the anniversary for Batman Begins, it was two days earlier (for me) with those Wednesday midnight showings from 2005.
This is not how, "first time it was introduced in canon" works. If someone's intro to SW is the Mando, Luke Skywalker as a character isn't "introduced into canon" for the first time there.

When Obi and Anakin activated their lightsabers at the beginning of the training duel, the blocking for both of them looked like the start of the Schwartz fight in Spaceballs.

Got too plastered last night so I couldn’t watch at midnight as usual but I just watched the episode and I loved it! Best episode of the series thus far

Finally got more background on Reva and Vader toying with her was fun to watch. Loved the flashbacks to Attack of the Clones era Obi & Anakin. I was surprised they didn’t de-age Hayden for that. He looked good but definitely not a teen lol

Yeah, it is pretty baffling that they didn't use the CGI de-aging tech on Hayden or Ewan, though it was less noticeable with the latter. Still, those moments were basically better than any Anakin/Obi-Wan scene we actually got in Attack of the Clones so I was able to look past it.

Hayden looks younger in the press junket interviews than he does in the actual episode. I don't know what the hell happened.

Yeah, it is pretty baffling that they didn't use the CGI de-aging tech on Hayden or Ewan, though it was less noticeable with the latter. Still, those moments were basically better than any Anakin/Obi-Wan scene we actually got in Attack of the Clones so I was able to look past it.
The budget for this show? That would have probably been the entire thing. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"