Patrick Stewart Returns As Professor X

Overhyped. It's cool for about 30 seconds. Utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
That’s what cameos usually are right?

I have to agree with Vile on this one. The scene was pretty much pointless IMO and way overhyped in those trailers, but its cool if people enjoyed it for what it was.

My favorite part was definitely the reference to the 90's animated X-Men cartoon though.

It was great seeing Sir Patrick again I just don't think it was worth his time coming back for this.

Still, I'm a sucker for fan service.

In a way, this kind of makes the first X-Men the first MCU film. :grin:

It was great seeing Sir Patrick again I just don't think it was worth his time coming back for this.

Not really.

If anything, it was nice seeing Patrick Stewart in the role one last time.

I also like how this Xavier
wasn't portrayed as a complete prick like I think some folks were expecting. Him quoting that line from Days Of Future Past worked not only for the nostalgia factor alone, but that it applies well to Strange's character arc.

his return was probably a little tribute to the foX era which truly kicked off the superhero movie era just like Tobey's Spider-Man movies.

There's a reason why Patrick Stewart was left off in the marketing like posters.

We are absolutely going to get a different actor for the Professor in the future though I don't know if I could say the same thing to Mr. Fantastic and Black Bolt.

not really as there wasn't even a mcu in 2000.

not really as there wasn't even a mcu in 2000.

thanks-obvious.gif

Great seeing him. Didn't expect much so even with the disappointment I had with those scenes, it didn't ruin anything for me. He was there to remind people of the X-Men. Now the real reboot can begin being built up.

My audience went nuts when he came on as well as the other “Fox” superhero

They are connected because of these new films... but it still doesn't make them MCU. Same goes with Venom, Let There Be Carnage and Morbius. Connected to the mcu but not mcu films.

I'm having an MCU marathon at the moment and plan on watching Raimi's and Webb's Spider-Man films after Loki. Seeing as how the Multiverse opens up, it seems like a good way to watch them. Same with the Venomverse films.

I like to make things connect with the MCU in my own way. This even goes for the Netflix shows and AOS. Even if they're all variants.

He looked like a version of Xavier from X-Men the animated series, rather than just Professor X from the fox films. They even had the theme play as he entered.

I said multiple times in the MCU X-Men thread that bringing FOX X-Men back, before even introducing the MCU ones, wouldn't make sense.

Maguire and Garfield had some story to tell. Some (emotional, btw) closure. Prof. X Had nothing. And that's not even the FOX one.

They didn't mention mutants, the X-Men or the MCU Xavier. And there was no story to close from FOX either. It was for what, then? To see him in that costume?

It didn't work for me.

If anything, it was nice seeing Patrick Stewart in the role one last time.

I also like how this Xavier
wasn't portrayed as a complete prick like I think some folks were expecting. Him quoting that line from Days Of Future Past worked not only for the nostalgia factor alone, but that it applies well to Strange's character arc.
It fit so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"