• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Age of Ultron Paul Bettany IS The Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he'll be introduced till the halfway point and from then will have to share time with everyone else. So in sum not too much, the least of any of the main characters (8 Avengers and Ultron). But he should murder the screentime he does get.

I'm fine with him not getting that much screen time as long as the screen time he gets is awesome

I dont think it's fair to rule out that that is an infinity stone on his forhead or at the very least is powered up by the scepter that may or may not be a an IS.

Paul Bettany is the perfect person to play Vision. He has this baby face and manly face at the same time. Kinda like he was birthed as an adult. I know that sounds really weird, but it's hard to explain. His skin is very smooth and his eyes, nose and mouth make him look somewhat innocent, but his bone structure, especially his jaw and brow, has a very rugged look to it, just like Vision in the comics. He looks like he could be an android already without the make up. He also has a soothing voice that has a deepness to it, but not too rough. Plus his accent and the way he talks makes him sound wise and a little bit monotone.

I can't express enough how perfect he is for the role. It blows my mind how convenient it was to get him considering he plays JARVIS. It even works plot wise. The stars aligned for this one.

Bettany also has the perfect physique for the role. He's tall enough to stand toe to toe with Hemsworth but, like his character, he has a much leaner build.

Feige couldn't have been planning back when Paul was cast in Iron Man - could he?

I dont think it's fair to rule out that that is an infinity stone on his forhead or at the very least is powered up by the scepter that may or may not be a an IS.

I mean why would it be an Infinity Stone when he naturally has a gem in his head in the comics?

Some stuff you just run with when you luck into it.

I mean why would it be an Infinity Stone when he naturally has a gem in his head in the comics?

IMO, it seems like a lazy way to simply check another Infinity stone off the list. As if the destination is the main focus rather than the journey to get there.

IMO, it seems like a lazy way to simply check another Infinity stone off the list. As if the destination is the main focus rather than the journey to get there.

Yeah it's one thing to have connections, it's another for just everything to be connected and convenient

Yeah it's one thing to have connections, it's another for just everything to be connected and convenient

Exactly that's my only problem with it, not everything has to be an Infinity Stone.

I don't want it to be an Infinity Stone, there's no need. There are already enough things to link the Avengers to Thanos and the Infinity War, we don't need a new Avenger actually wearing what he's after.

I don't want it to be an Infinity Stone, there's no need. There are already enough things to link the Avengers to Thanos and the Infinity War, we don't need a new Avenger actually wearing what he's after.

Boom :up:

^^
chappelle_mic_drop-108200.gif

So is the consensus that Vision's body is Professor Horton's 'Synthetic Man' seen in CA: TFA? If not, what will be the model for his form?

Top obscure for it to be that, my guess he's made from scratch.

That's be cool if they tied that in somehow. Like that would be the basis of his design that Ultron uses so he's a genuine synthetic person rather than a robot or an android with a false outer appearance. With all the AI stuff in Hollywood movies these days(Terminator, Matrix, Data in Star Trek, etc.) it would make sense for Whedon to take every opportunity to distinguish Ultron and Vision from the rest of the pack.

Opinions are always entitled.

I'm going with an Infinity Stone. Why not?!
I think it will be the stone for Loki's scepter

The stone in Loki's scepter is blue. It was in the first Avengers film and it's also seen in Stark's lab in the newest trailer. I believe it's the Mind Gem. Wouldn't make any sense, if that's the case, since the so-called "gem" in the Vision's forehead is yellow. It's most likely a solar stone that Thor goes off-world to find. But I'm just speculating, of course.

Here's an actual screen-cap from the Avengers. You can clearly see that the gem is blue.

Loki%27s_staff_JPEG.jpg

And another one, close up of Loki using it on Tony (or at least trying to)

AVENGERS_FUEL_VFX_08.jpg

Last edited:
I think the yellow is either an energy source, or a chip containing everything Jarvis

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster.

I just to say how hard it is waiting to see Vision in this film but the long wait will be so worth it! The Vision is going to blow our minds when we see this movie. Also want to say I love the poster "TheVision" passion towards the character. You an me both share the same passion.

Not too long to go until we see The Vision in all his glory and what a wonderful site it will be.

Whatever bro

I mean I wasn't meaning to be a *****e with that comment, but it's the truth, they've change a bunch of stuff already, the cosmic cube isn't a gem in the comics either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"