Paul Rudd is Ant-Man

I'm really jazzed about Rudd as Ant-Man. I think that's exactly what we needed for this part, especially with Wright directing it.

It's like Marvel is challenging us to not be excited for this movie.

This is what happens when a director I adore and an actor I love work on a movie I was mildly interested in. I would've seen it in the theaters at some point, but Rudd and Wright (and Cornish on the script) being attached means I'm obsessed with all the pre-production of this joint.

AAAARGH!! Marvel's killing it for me!

Can he do the whole Action Hero bit which can put him in a similar standing with The Avengers by being more than just the comic-relief guy? I can believe he could make the jump from being a funnyman to Superhero and it can be done(see Michael Keaton) however I'm not sure I could see Rudd in a battle like this seriously:

[YT]xemvuM-uav0[/YT]

Well now the HAVE to get Rashida Jones as Janet.

It's honestly just dumb if they don't do it haha. They've acted in nunerous things together and have pretty great chemistry. You've gotta pair them up in this in my eyes at least. Also if she is someone they're looking at already how could you say no to working with someone you've worked with before and enjoy AND turn down Marvel? Haha.

Gonna be amazing. Sort of reminiscent of RDJ's casting in Iron man; out of left field and unexpected, but I can tell already he's gonna bring a lot of good things to the part and make it his own.

I'm very curious about how action scenes and stuff are going to work/look. This is certainly going to be an interesting film. Just another notch in my Marvel excitedness belt!

Exactly. I really think he's going to own this role well like RDJ did with Iron Man. He just has that "it" factor about him that stands out above the rest. I'm also on-board if Rashida Jones gets to play Janet, which I hope she accepts the role.

I'm very curious about how action scenes and stuff are going to work/look. This is certainly going to be an interesting film. Just another notch in my Marvel excitedness belt!

Have you seen Scott Pilgrim/The World's End/Hot Fuzz?

Probably like those but longer. Less stylized than Scott Pilgrim, though.

This is what happens when a director I adore and an actor I love work on a movie I was mildly interested in. I would've seen it in the theaters at some point, but Rudd and Wright (and Cornish on the script) being attached means I'm obsessed with all the pre-production of this joint.

AAAARGH!! Marvel's killing it for me!

Same, I was sold solely on Wright but still struggled when pitching it to friends and family--"Yeah, it's Ant-Man, but it's the guy that did Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz! And he personally went after it like a passion project, so it's not like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Then everyone would go, "Yeah... but still. It's Ant-Man."

Since this news I've told people about Rudd and it's now, "No ****? That actually sounds interesting..."

Smooth move on Marvel's part. Most studios would scoff at the idea of selling a superhero movie featuring Paul Rudd without it being a low-budget comedy, but they're gonna make good on this.

Rudd is great and can do drama as well as comedy but from what I have read of Pym/Ant-man, which admittedly isnt much, he doesnt come across as a comedic character.

With Edgar Wright directing this its obvious Pym is going to be made into a comedic character, we will see how it plays out as for me there has been far too much humour in the Marvel movies lately, specifically since Avengers.

At the same time, with Wright directing its guaranteed to be at the very least a good movie. And if Pym is generally a comedic character in the majority of comics they have cast the right guy.

tumblr_m3h6rpDizo1qebseoo1_500.gif

what a good day!

1st the possibility of Joaquin Phoenix playing Lex Luthor and now Paul Rudd playing Ant-Man

HELL YEAH!!! :word:

Awesome. Now I'm actually looking forward to an Ant-Man movie. I never thought I'd say that.

Rudd is an amazing addition. I still think marvel can find a better role for rashida jones than wasp but I'm very excited for Rudd. He strikes me as the sort of guy who could hang out with wright, penn and frost if he wanted to

Did you not see the test footage mkilban?
Rudd is great and can do drama as well as comedy but from what I have read of Pym/Ant-man, which admittedly isnt much, he doesnt come across as a comedic character.

Pym is serious at times but he has also also has a light hearted playful side. Going right back to the 60's ant-man comics he would sometimes says one liners and crack the odd joke.

Rudd is definitely the guy who can pull off Pym's kooky one liners
guns.jpg

tumblr_ljfxdx_AMv_Z1qik9luo1_400.png

c0p5ze1e5

tumblr_l68zwdg_LQx1qc0rhvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwfmly_Wa_Zw1rmtcs2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwfmly_Wa_Zw1rmtcs2o2_500.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics