Paul Rudd is Ant-Man

Think they might surround the film with people who have prior chemistry with Rudd?

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

brianfontana.gif

Definitely an off-beat choice. It's also interesting all the support for Rashida Jones for Wasp, considering the usual hoopla with racebending. I guess half-black is okay in fanboyland :meanie:

I heartily approve of this casting choice. Liked the idea ever since that rumor of him and JGL being the top choices came out a month or two ago. I also agree with everyone that Rashida Jones would make a fine Janet Van Dyne/Wasp.

:nono: People should be more worried about how Wright handles the character than hair colour.:o

Let's apply this to every single casting decision and the accompanying outcry over them for every comic book movie that's ever been made. I think you will find that the exact opposite is true. Fanboys are far more concerned with aesthetic verisimilitude than any of the "other stuff" (ie. Story, character, etc...)

Got to bring Jason Seigel as Egghead. Otherwise Dan Aykroyd in the cone head costume. Who is Simon Pegg playing?

If he isn't Hank and Rashida doesn't come on as Janet, I am going to be incredibly disappointed.

I wonder who's going to be Lang now that the JGL theory can be thrown out on account of Sandman.

Speaking of........Is there a Sandman thread? Not to sidetrack

Why would you cast Rudd to be Lang? That just seems so wrong. Can I just get some confirmation, please?

Definitely an off-beat choice. It's also interesting all the support for Rashida Jones for Wasp, considering the usual hoopla with racebending. I guess half-black is okay in fanboyland :meanie:

The thing is though is that if you didn't know who Rashida Jones' father is, you would think she's white. It's like if you cast the Rock as character usually reserved for a white man. He too is half black, but he has more the Samoan look and yet he's the top choice to play Namor if that ever gets made and he loses weight. There doesn't seem to be any outrage with her locking lips with a white man in movies or TV. Besides, they want someone with prior chemistry with Rudd.

Plus it gives the MCU a chance to diversify the Avengers if they want to bring her on board with the Avengers.

As an Asian American, I am all for diversity in the MCU. The more the merrier I say. Hell, my top choice for Wasp was Freida Pinto.

Her mixed race is such that she doesn't have to play a character named "She-nay-nay" and instead her name would be Sarah.

Last edited:
Interesting choice,not sure about this one and it'll definetly be weird to see him in Avengers 2..but I'm willing to give him a a chance

Interesting choice,not sure about this one and it'll definetly be weird to see him in Avengers 2..but I'm willing to give him a a chance
You are willing to give Paul Rudd a chance? :woot:

If he's officially cast, it will be a move that pays off because instead of it being "the Marvel Superhero movie about a guy in an ant suit" it will be "The Marvel Superhero Movie Starring Paul Rudd" since the guy is popular among the college aged crowd.

The Wrap article that broke the story says he's Pym.

Yes, but the Wrap article didn't quote any actual source providing that information. Either they did a bad job writing it up, or they inserted that as their own speculation ( possibly without realizing it ).

If he's officially cast, it will be a move that pays off because instead of it being "the Marvel Superhero movie about a guy in an ant suit" it will be "The Marvel Superhero Movie Starring Paul Rudd" since the guy is popular among the college aged crowd.

His arc in the buzzy TV show Parks and Rec also helps.

Saw this gif of Paul Rudd and it was hilarious:

paul-rudd-s-computer-o.gif

Last edited:
The thing is though is that if you didn't know who Rashida Jones' father is, you would think she's white. It's like if you cast the Rock as character usually reserved for a white man. He too is half black, but he has more the Samoan look and yet he's the top choice to play Namor if that ever gets made and he loses weight.

Yeah I've seen several people suggest The Rock for Namor and it's even more strange than the Jones thing. The Rock doesn't look white and Namor is white. Fanboys basically pick and choose what characters and actors they are going to go into a race rage about.

Her mixed race is such that she doesn't have to play a character named "She-nay-nay" and instead her name would be Sarah.

I wonder who's going to be Lang now that the JGL theory can be thrown out on account of Sandman.

I don't know that Lang is even still in it. Rudd's the kind of personality I would have figured for Lang. I'm having a hard time imagining a good casting choice now. Adam Scott? Steve Carrell? you can't really cast someone more likable than Rudd. :shrugs:

This is nuts...can't imagine seeing him with Robert Downey Jr, Hemsworth, Evans, and all.

Actually, this is genius.

Rudd is such an inspired casting choice for this. Excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"