People who need to be pooped on: Liberty National Life et all

Shadowboxing, if it's a pyramid scheme, you should report them to your state attorney general.
According to a friend of mine who works for the police it's not technically a crime to run such an outfit. Morally reprehensible, but not a crime. I can't really sue them either, I walked out, therefore, as of yet they have done nothing wrong to me other than take 45 minutes of my life I can't get back. If they ever try to take my identity or use my credit card/bank account you can bet your ass I'll be suing the pants off of them. On top of this if I ever catch Jason Laneir in a bar or downtown you can bet I'll beat him so bad he'll be ******ed enough to fall for his own trash.

According to a friend of mine who works for the police it's not technically a crime to run such an outfit. Morally reprehensible, but not a crime. I can't really sue them either, I walked out, therefore, as of yet they have done nothing wrong to me other than take 45 minutes of my life I can't get back. If they ever try to take my identity or use my credit card/bank account you can bet your ass I'll be suing the pants off of them. On top of this if I ever catch Jason Laneir in a bar or downtown you can bet I'll beat him so bad he'll be ******ed enough to fall for his own trash.

Just make sure he thorws the first punch :o

And just to be sure, let at least one of his punches connect...that why when hes a bloody heap, you can say he was a legit threat...I mean look at that bruise on your sternum.

i had something similar happen i went to what i thought would be an interview for process server but it was a ridiculous seminar that wanted us to invest some money but with no guarantee. the guy was such an *** . i had the option of returning friday with the money , i thought it didnt sound right so i asked around and sure enough it was hokey.

Just make sure he thorws the first punch :o
I'll make him so scared of me that's what he'll tell the cops when they get there:brucebat: .
And just to be sure, let at least one of his punches connect...that why when hes a bloody heap, you can say he was a legit threat...I mean look at that bruise on your sternum.
I live in the South, we have 'stand your ground' laws here. That, and what qualifies as a legitimate threat is relaxed here.

I'll make him so scared of me that's what he'll tell the cops when they get there:brucebat: .

I live in the South, we have 'stand your ground' laws here. That, and what qualifies as a legitimate threat is relaxed here.

Way to know your stuff. :up:

Just remember if you need a lawyer...

Way to know your stuff. :up:

Just remember if you need a lawyer...
Hey if there's two sets of laws I know, it's laws on kicking ass and chewing bubblegum...and my trainers don't let me chew bubblegum:hehe:

I remember I got a call from a company called Primerica. Extremely shady.

I had this this guy come up to me at Borders one day asking if I was looking for a new job. Just so happens that I was. He starts pitching his pyramid business. He showing me brochures and talking about how much money he makes and all the places he travels to. The he said he'd give me some free samples that he had in his car. We go out to his car and he's driving this old, run down Toyota. I knew something was fishy from the start, who comes up to a total stranger and offer a job, but that just took the cake. He gave me a free sample of some obscure energy drink and power bar and his card and told me to give him a call. I didn't of course. The food tasted like **** anyways.

BTW ShadowBoxing, how would they be able to get your bank account and credit card number? What do you have to be paranoid about?

BTW ShadowBoxing, how would they be able to get your bank account and credit card number? What do you have to be paranoid about?
Monster.com, from what I've read, has notorious record for identity theft. It's something that they don't really protect against very well. That's where they got my information, that's where they got my resume and phone number. Considering that you're sending out job applications over that site it's quite possible they could get your social security #, home address, and even your contacts as well. Having access to that kind of information is damaging.

Has anyone ever actually got a job because of monster or hotjobs? I always get strange job offerings emailed to me. Most of the time for positions I never even applied for. Only once from a legitimate business. UPS.

Has anyone ever actually got a job because of monster or hotjobs? I always get strange job offerings emailed to me. Most of the time for positions I never even applied for. Only once from a legitimate business. UPS.
I got a few job offers from Monster that were legit. The local sites though were much better.

local sites are in touch with what's really needed in your community
Oh yeah, totally. Monster would send me legit jobs, but most of them were very basic, like working at a clothes outlet or something along those lines. The local sites would actually send me alot of stuff from nonprofits and local programs needing help. I found myself a lot more enthusiastic about those jobs mostly because I could see the direct need in my community for them to be filled.

I remember I got a call from a company called Primerica. Extremely shady.

Dude, a friend of mine told me to come to this motivational speech that his father's business was running, in the end it turned out to be some kind of cult-like MLM scam. It's a pyramid scheme if I ever saw one which REQUIRES you to sell out your family and friends. I may still join and milk it for what it's worth and get rich the lazy way and lose all my friends, but I'm having second thoughts.

Anyone considering a “career” with Liberty National Life Insurance Company beware: Liberty National is a pyramid scheme. I’ll summarize how it works. Liberty’s “business model” is divided into 2 parts: 1A (recruiting), and 1B (production).
Recruiting is an endless process at Liberty. Hiring goals are 10 new recruits per branch per week. Each branch generally holds a monthly recruiting seminar. This is nothing more than a cattle call. Liberty will hire anyone, regardless of experience, without a felony on his or her record for a “career” as a “professional” in the insurance industry. Liberty claims to hire for management (no experience necessary) while omitting the fact that the recruit will begin as a salesman, and will still make sales even after promotion to a “management” position.
Production is Liberty’s process of getting new recruits to make money for the company. Emphasis is placed on recruits who have obtained a Permanent Insurance License (PL’s) from their state. The goal is to get these PL’s sales to $5,000 in annualized premiums (5K’s). Bonuses are paid to branches based on PL’s and 5K’s, to be distributed as the Branch Manager sees fit (which may be in his/her own pocket). Once a recruit is a PL and a 5K, he/she may be offered a position as a Unit Manager. The Unit Manager is now responsible to recruit more individuals for his/her group or unit, work with any PL’s and 5K’s in his/her group, and constantly get new recruits to become producing agents (PA’s). There are of course standards for the number of PL’s, 5K’s, and PA’s each Branch Manager, and Unit Manager must have, and that’s where the fun begins.
Liberty National promises prospective employees everything under the sun: six-figure incomes, advancement opportunities, bonuses, trips to “fun and exotic” places, a proven marketing strategy, an in-depth training system, and “more leads than we have agents to work them.”
The six-figure income is not a complete lie; it’s just unrealistic. Liberty has an “activity” model, which states that if the agent will make 240 contacts per week, he/she will be able to schedule 24 appointments, hold 15 sit down interviews and thus yield 5 sales per week. Mondays, and Wednesdays are designated “training” days where the agent will spend his morning at the branch office being “trained” (more in a moment) and work the phones after lunch calling 120 contacts each of the two training days to set appointments. According to this activity model an agent will earn a $100,000+, and the agent will, if the average sale is $616. How do you get 240 contacts per week? That’s for you as an agent to figure out. Once you do figure that out, don’t worry about your inexperience in sales because you’ll hear every Monday and Wednesday how you can (because you’re good enough, you’re smart enough, and people like you) make those 5 sales per week. Now the only thing standing between you and that six figure income is the fact that Liberty’s average sale is about $380.
The company promises a “fast-track” to management program to recruits. “Just show us you’re serious by signing up on License2Go for your state insurance exam, your testing, and your licensing fees.” Of course, you’re only serious after you’ve spent $300 - $500 on these fees. If you want to get started without a permanent license, you can pay for a temporary license until you can complete the permanent licensing requirements. You won’t, however, be a priority until you are a PL. As a PL your Unit Manager and Branch Manager will bend over backwards to get you to 5K so you can have a title too! If you fail to become a PL, or decline a promotion to Unit Manager you will be ignored (aka forget about receiving leads) for the rest of your “career” which will likely be very short.
The proven marketing strategy consists of you talking ad naseum to your family and friends and almost anyone else you meet about your career, Liberty National, and insurance in general. This goes over really well at Thanksgiving dinner, and you’ll be the life of every party you go to. No, really….trust me. Besides that, AFLAC, State Farm, Allstate, American General, Prudential, and the laundry list of other insurers who ADVERTISE are wasting their money because brand recognition is not important. No, really….trust Liberty National.
Liberty’s training program sets new standards in any industry. Every Monday and Wednesday morning, you will learn how make a presentation for Liberty National’s cancer policy. You may not know the difference between term and whole life insurance, but by-god you will know how to read a cancer policy brochure to a prospective customer. If the customer has questions on any of Liberty National’s other products tell them you’ll get back to them, and remind them that you are an insurance professional.
Once you’ve followed these instructions and sold all the insurance you possibly can to family, and friends you may be rewarded with leads so that you can finally realize the income you’ve been told about. Many of these leads don’t have phone numbers for you to call and set appointments, but you are encouraged to visit leads face to face. After you’ve spent a week of evenings catching up with these leads (who haven’t moved, or never had interest in seeing an agent, or aren’t deceased) and spent as much as $100 - $200 in gas and other travel expenses, you can take the $200 - $300 you’ve earned in commissions to the bank. That 4 – 6 years you spent at college is really paying off for you now.
Liberty’s management will dismiss much of the above out of hand simply by saying that Liberty National is a 107-year-old company, and therefore is legitimate. I used to respect Liberty National as being a great company. However, in a misguided move Andy King was named president in 2006, and he and his team of executives have installed the 1A, and 1B business models described above. They have essentially traded long-term stability for a temporary boost in sales, and Liberty National may not make it another 107 weeks if this system is left in place. New people will be constantly recruited to make sales to family and friends, sending income up the pyramid, and then tossed aside when their “natural” market has been exhausted in favor of a new group of recruits to exploit. Those who “stick it out” will be told by their superiors that they are not working hard enough, and that’s why they fail to make the income they were sold on. Agents may even be told to prospect (solicit) at malls, Wal-Mart, or even church! After all, that’s the professional thing to do. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I need an attorney, accountant, or a doctor I go to aisle 7 at Wal-Mart.
Just remember, when you fail, and are in debt for doing your job at Liberty National, it is YOUR FAULT, for NOT WORKING HARD ENOUGH! You were not misled, exploited, or outright lied to! Never forget that it’s YOUR FAULT!
Upper management at Liberty National has taken a once reputable company and turned it into a pyramid scheme. Any prospective employee or consumer should avoid Liberty in its present form at all costs.

Helpful links:

http://www.armydiller.com/financial-scam/starting.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"