Perversion of Liberty

Wilhelm-Scream said:
red laser-spitting eyes!

and babboon snout, with steel fangs!

yes

Yes! It'd be like Mecha-Godzilla only more Jesus-y with a Statue of Liberty theme. :up:

jag

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Lol, why can people not get this? :confused:

If it says "Thus saith the Lord..." in the Bible, or God is speaking in the first person ("I, the Lord your God tell you to..."), the claim is that it was NOT faulty humans that said it. The claim is that it was the Creator of the Universe that said it.

So, if you don't really believe it was the Creator that said it, then there is no reason to believe ANYthing with a "Thus saith the Lord..." was actually the Creator speaking.

Who wrote Genesis? Did Adam and Eve write their own story? Did Noah?

Did Moses write Exodus? Or Joshua?

How do the people who wrote the stories know exactly what happened or exactly what was said? They weren't witnesses. They didn't interview the parties involved? God didn't write the books himself. He didn't even send them down verbatim through an angel as Muslims believe he did the Qur'an for Muhammad. Rather, we believe the books to be 'divinely inspired', but written by (and for) humans. That means there can be mistakes in them (for example, the contradictions that exist). The books can include things that may not be exactly what God intends, but rather things that the author intended, but thought god maybe should intend.

We don't even know for certain that the gospels were written by who they are attributed to. We believe they are, but we don't know. And even within the four gospels there are differing stories.

If the bible were god's pure word with no interference from man, don't you think he would have made it a lot clearer? Why would he have even needed four gospels? There is only one 'true' story of Christ, isn't there?

jaguarr said:
Yes! It'd be like Mecha-Godzilla only more Jesus-y with a Statue of Liberty theme. :up:

jag

And the bodice should be pulled down like in Delicroix's "Liberty Leading the People".

Always need a little tittlation. :)

Daisy said:
And the bodice should be pulled down like in Delicroix's "Liberty Leading the People".

Always need a little tittlation. :)

I believe you owe me some rosary, young lady. *picks up strap*

jag

jaguarr said:
I believe you owe me some rosary, young lady. *picks up strap*

jag

So this it the time I should sai those Hail Marys. :)

Daisy said:
Who wrote Genesis? Did Adam and Eve write their own story? Did Noah?

Did Moses write Exodus? Or Joshua?

How do the people who wrote the stories know exactly what happened or exactly what was said? They weren't witnesses. They didn't interview the parties involved? God didn't write the books himself. He didn't even send them down verbatim through an angel as Muslims believe he did the Qur'an for Muhammad. Rather, we believe the books to be 'divinely inspired', but written by (and for) humans. That means there can be mistakes in them (for example, the contradictions that exist). The books can include things that may not be exactly what God intends, but rather things that the author intended, but thought god maybe should intend.

We don't even know for certain that the gospels were written by who they are attributed to. We believe they are, but we don't know. And even within the four gospels there are differing stories.

If the bible were god's pure word with no interference from man, don't you think he would have made it a lot clearer? Why would he have even needed four gospels? There is only one 'true' story of Christ, isn't there?

Exactly. Christianity is just an illogical contradictory mess.

kainedamo said:
Exactly. Christianity is just an illogical contradictory mess.

^^See boys and girls, this is what happens when you take things out of context. :)

Daisy said:
So this it the time I should sai those Hail Marys. :)

Yes, but let's do it a little differently. More like "ONE Hail Mary, may I have another!? TWO Hail Mary, may I have another!?..." and so forth. :)

jag

jaguarr said:
Yes, but let's do it a little differently. More like "ONE Hail Mary, may I have another!? TWO Hail Mary, may I have another!?..." and so forth. :)

jag

As you command, sir. :)

Daisy said:
As you command, sir. :)

Excellent, because I don't count so good so if you lose track I'll probably just have to start over. :)

jag

Legally, there is nothing wrong about this. Their actions are protected under the first amendment of the constituion, and likewise, our freedom to openly state our opinion on their actions are protected under the same amendment. Just because it's a religous issue doesn't make it any less legal. The government does not and should not have any control over any religion and what they practice, even if it does involve something so symbolic of our government. This is also protected under the first amendment.

jaguarr said:
Excellent, because I don't count so good so if you lose track I'll probably just have to start over. :)

jag
Some girls make great calculators! And I've had a few that were really good at memorization.:)

P.S. BULL****.......I just busted brain-ass on a total, irrefutable rebuttal to Daisy's thing from a few posts up,...hit post, and, poof.

I'm thinking f*** that.

I hate when that **** happens.Make sure to click "remember me" next time.

Abaddon said:
I hate when that **** happens.Make sure to click "remember me" next time.
I don't want to be remembered though, 'cause I'm on my friend's computer and I'd be mortified if he read what I've said about him.;):up:

My computer is gOnK! :(

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I don't want to be remembered though, 'cause I'm on my friend's computer and I'd be mortified if he read what I've said about him.;):up:

My computer is gOnK! :(

You can't clear the cache/history/etc.?:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"